@Oliveia

Excellent opening, captures the positives and the negatives of Dean and introduces his character in a strong and fun manner.

It’s kind of funny how Dean campaigned as this Populist type figure with a message that also includes Fiscal Conservativism, the 00s were a strange time. Additionally, I do wonder if we’ll see more Colorado/Southern West stuff because I can see Dean’s message resonating with that wing of the party (Wellington Webb making an appearance?)
Don’t forget Dick Lamm!
Though, I feel like his endorsement would be worth a trouble and nothing else.

Edwards' affair was 100% butterfliable. He did not meet Rielle until after the 2004 election and in all of the years since there's never been another accusation of him having affair that I'm aware of. Not defending his affair with Rielle at all, but I do think it's plausible that if he doesn't meet her, he never ends up as an adulterer.

Edwards' affair was 100% butterfliable. He did not meet Rielle until after the 2004 election and in all of the years since there's never been another accusation of him having affair that I'm aware of. Not defending his affair with Rielle at all, but I do think it's plausible that if he doesn't meet her, he never ends up as an adulterer.
Yeah but I'd still like it if TTL went with a different running mate, then OTL.

Deleted member 145219

Absolutely. My dad and I talked a few times about Edwards. My dad said that he never judged him because of the loss of his son. And I don’t think Edwards was a serial adulterer.

True -- still hate the guy, lol. Not only because of the affair, but because he just seems like such a phony and kinda gives me the creeps, lol.

I still think about how the W. TCT mod compared him to Patrick Bateman.

True -- still hate the guy, lol. Not only because of the affair, but because he just seems like such a phony and kinda gives me the creeps, lol.

I still think about how the W. TCT mod compared him to Patrick Bateman.
The thing I'll always remember about John Edwards is how when he was being vetted for Kerry's ticket he told Kerry a very personal story that he had never told anyone before... except he had told Kerry a year or two earlier nearly word for word (including the preface about having never told anyone) and had forgotten about it.

The thing I'll always remember about John Edwards is how when he was being vetted for Kerry's ticket he told Kerry a very personal story that he had never told anyone before... except he had told Kerry a year or two earlier nearly word for word (including the preface about having never told anyone) and had forgotten about it.

Jesus — Kerry should’ve listened to his aides, something about his eyes. Like he could gut you alive and not feel a thing.

Jesus — Kerry should’ve listened to his aides, something about his eyes. Like he could gut you alive and not feel a thing.
IIRC, Edwards was picked instead of Gephardt because the polling showed Edwards performing better than Gephardt even in Missouri. Also, Kerry wanted Edwards to reassure him that he wouldn't run in 2008 if they lost in 2004.