Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice map, but those borders in the Russian Far East look a bit odd. Why do the Chinese have Primorskiy Krai, but not the rest of Manchuria, and who designed that settlement in Sakhalin?
They won that part of Manchuria in The third war of chinese Independance, even though they amazingly still have a distantly Yuan "emperor", of the Meng-Yuan Dynasty, although they do have a prime minister aswell, heh.
EDIT: Your map looks good Lascupa, but the borders of some of the African colonies seem a bit awkward. The HRE and Hungarian colonies in particular with only a tiny bit on the coast. I know that the Belgian Congo was like that, but that was because it consisted of the river watershed. Other than that, the map is cool.
Not sure about that, i think it's because of certain odd circumstances, such as leasing bits to other nations.
Original ideas and a commendable lack of convergent borders. What's the current year? It seems odd (though not impossible) that the Americas are still being carved up by colonial powers when Africa is completely colonised.
Currant year is... 1819, and the unfinished colonization of N. America is due to the war over Ivanovitch Island (Vancouver OTL) which ended in Mexico getting, it, and a pact that no new claims could be made in north America, rather like the OTL Antarctica treaty, as a result that area is mostly uninhabited. Also, the second Canadian revolution and the Third American Revolt are going on in British north America, and Alaskaya and Mexico are the only world powers based in the Americas (Brazil is still mostly under Portugal's rule)

Good God, that's terrifying.

I know right, the Teutonic Empire doesn't have the greatest reputation. It may be technologically more advanced then most nations but still is quite barbaric to say the least, mass deportation, forced conversions and a lot of corruption. The Kaiser of the Empire does have a funny bird helmet like Wilhelm II of Germany.
Not to sound unoriginal but The Teutonic Empire is like a Nazi Renaissance era Empire. With the Teutonic knights being like the SS. The Empire was one of the first to have firearms and also created mid-tech grenades. Thanks to there expeditions into Asia.
A civil war is brewing between the Imperial factions and the Theological factions for control of all Great Prussia.
All of this is probably would never happen unless they where very lucky and the Slavic countries never where unifying into Poland and Russia.

I know right, the Teutonic Empire doesn't have the greatest reputation. It may be technologically more advanced then most nations but still is quite barbaric to say the least, mass deportation, forced conversions and a lot of corruption. The Kaiser of the Empire does have a funny bird helmet like Wilhelm II of Germany.
Not to sound unoriginal but The Teutonic Empire is like a Nazi Renaissance era Empire. With the Teutonic knights being like the SS. The Empire was one of the first to have firearms and also created mid-tech grenades. Thanks to there expeditions into Asia.
A civil war is brewing between the Imperial factions and the Theological factions for control of all Great Prussia.
All of this is probably would never happen unless they where very lucky and the Slavic countries never where unifying into Poland and Russia.

Well, he wears a funny bird helmet, who cares how unprobable it is? I'll take it one further: Every empire that failed did so because the rulers never wore funny bird hats. Seriously, they never did. :D

Well, if they took out the Lithuanians before their expansion period, they could probably do what the Lithuanians did OTL and expand into the Mongol-ravaged south of Russia... (northern Russia is trickier)

Bruce

The Teutonic (or Prussian) Empire, early 16th century.

A historically never physically would happened empire. Unless the Teutons where very lucky that Poland-Lithuanian never was unified. A new type of Christianity formed after the reform of the Teutonic Order. After the break away with the catholic church.

Yes I know very unrealistic at the least, but in some obscure dimension it probably excised.

It is a nice looking map.........too bad Russia seems to have been wiped out of existence, though. :( {Or has it ;)?}

What is this, The Map Room?

"Ha ha ha. What a map, Bruce."

LOL. :p

"This border is tearing me apart, thande!"

LOLed again. :)

Anyway, northern border of Kazakhstan, how is your sex life?

LMAO...........good one. :D

I posted this in an older map thread but I thought I would show it again because, quite frankly, it makes me happy. Except that Africa border. Yuck. Basically, Napoleon won back in 1813 and there have been some wars since! :)

europe1944.png

I posted this in an older map thread but I thought I would show it again because, quite frankly, it makes me happy. Except that Africa border. Yuck. Basically, Napoleon won back in 1813 and there have been some wars since! :)

wait, Napoleon winning in 1813 brought back the Byzantium Empire?

Just to celebrate my return, a map of a stalemated World War 2 in Europe. Currant year is 1960 and the POD is that Hitler invades the USSR in 1940. The rest is up to you ;)

*Thats not a Soviet invasion of Brazil but a Civil War.
** States with the German Puppet colour are states within the formal German alliance system. States with outlines are German allies not in the formal alliance system.

World War II Stalemate = 3 Way Way Cold War 1960.png

World War II Stalemate = 3 Way Way Cold War 1960.png

Couple of questions:

Why hasn't the USA simply toppled the communist regime in Mexico?
Is that a British invasion of Argentina?
Chicom claims Tibet, but not the rest of, ya know, China?
America hasn't intervened in all these Nazi puppets in S. America?

Bolivia invaded Paraguay to seize part of the Gran Chaco? Even though it didn't have much petroleum, and what petroleum that it did have was in the Bolivian portion anyways? They wouldn't, say, prefer to use their alliance with Argentina to have a go at Chile?

Bolivia invaded Paraguay to seize part of the Gran Chaco? Even though it didn't have much petroleum, and what petroleum that it did have was in the Bolivian portion anyways? They wouldn't, say, prefer to use their alliance with Argentina to have a go at Chile?
That was the de facto border between Bolivia and Paraguay before the Chaco War. I'm guessing ITTL Bolivia either won the war or the Chaco War never happened.

Couple of questions:

Why hasn't the USA simply toppled the communist regime in Mexico?
Is that a British invasion of Argentina?
Chicom claims Tibet, but not the rest of, ya know, China?
America hasn't intervened in all these Nazi puppets in S. America?

1. Look how much luck the US had overthrowing the communist government in Cuba OTL. Also, in this 3-way Cold War scenario international tensions are even higher than they were in OTL.

2. Yep. Lets just say the currant Caudillo went a bit mad and invaded the the Falklands. Anyways, having been a pain in the ass for the west for so long, the British (and Commonwealth) jumped at the opportunity to get rid of him.

3. The British managed to get them to give up their rather ridiculous claim in exchange for support in the Civil War. Tibet is something of an important buffer for the west, shielding rather restive India from communist influence. BTW, the Raj is still around at this point cause the British and even the Americans are terrified that if Britain leaves now, it will either fall to the Communists or a Chandra Bose lookalike. Needless to say, Britain is now finely starting to think that the time is right to grant India Dominion status.

4. Sans number 1 plus the fact that Germany has more direct influence in South America that the soviets ever did.

The Bolivians with German support managed to stop Paraguay going communist after a Che lookalike staged an insurrection. They picked up Gran Chaco to show they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.