As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Is there a possablity of an american company building a theme park in brazil. There are two succesful local modern themes called benot careno world and vhopi hari. Pontial place to build a theme park in barzilare proto algre Fortaleza Florianópolis - slavodr or Recife -

Entertainment News for Late April/Early May 2010

After recovering from a series of small strokes, Audrey Geisel, widow of Dr. Seuss, agrees in principal to sell Dr. Seuss Enterprises outright to Peacock. That's according to a statement released by her power of attorney.
- NBC Nightly News

Charles Schulz, 87, announces his retirement from the Peanuts comic strip citing declining cognitive function.
- Reuters

Legendary releases a statement saying that Eddsworld creator Edd Gould "...is now cancer-free...and will work part-time on the FX series to reduce his stress levels."
- Entertainment Tonight

ABC agrees to a buy out of the remainder of Jimmy Kimmel's contract with the network. In the Fall of 2010, ABC will relaunch ABC After Dark with Conan O'Brien, whose contract with NBC expires this summer. Meanwhile, Jimmy Kimmel will take over for former Man Show co-host Adam Carolla on SBC's Last Call.
- Access Hollywood

After recovering from a series of small strokes, Audrey Geisel, widow of Dr. Seuss, agrees in principal to sell Dr. Seuss Enterprises outright to Peacock. That's according to a statement released by her power of attorney.
- NBC Nightly News

Charles Schulz, 87, announces his retirement from the Peanuts comic strip citing declining cognitive function.
- Reuters

Legendary releases a statement saying that Eddsworld creator Edd Gould "...is now cancer-free...and will work part-time on the FX series to reduce his stress levels."
- Entertainment Tonight

ABC agrees to a buy out of the remainder of Jimmy Kimmel's contract with the network. In the Fall of 2010, ABC will relaunch ABC After Dark with Conan O'Brien, whose contract with NBC expires this summer. Meanwhile, Jimmy Kimmel will take over for former Man Show co-host Adam Carolla on SBC's Last Call.
- Access Hollywood
What a delightful package! Geisel trusts Peacock with his widow's works, Schulz retires from his magnum opus and lives more than ten years later, Edd Gould is alive and well, and Conan O'Brien works with ABC.

What a delightful package! Geisel trusts Peacock with his widow's works, Schulz retires from his magnum opus and lives more than ten years later, Edd Gould is alive and well, and Conan O'Brien works with ABC.

For Audrey, it was a matter of making sure the transaction took place before her health makes that decision for her.

Just like OTL, the last new strips that were drawn months in advance will appear in newspapers through August. Paige Braddock, head of licensing for Schulz Creative Assoicates, says that after August 31, the newspaper strip itself would cease production, but will continue to run in papers via Classic Peanuts reprints.

While the newspaper strip will end just like OTL, Braddock says that the Peanuts characters would continue to appear in new material in all other media with the blessing of Sparky's wife Jean and their adult children (Comic books, Movies, TV series, theme park attractions, greeting cards, etc).

To be fair, I wasn't sure how to butterfly Conan's OTL feud with Leno, but I may have already done so without realizing it. But sooner or later, NBC and Letterman both feel they'll need to agree to a succession plan in the next six years.

Late Night Programming Shuffle for Fall 2010

ABC:
ABC After Dark with Conan O'Brien and Nightline
CBS: The Late Show with Craig Ferguson and The Late Late Show with Stephen Colbert
NBC: The Tonight Show with David Letterman (taped at Universal Studios Hollywood) and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (taped at 30 Rock)
SBC: Last Call with Jimmy Kimmel and The Midnight Snack with Keenen Ivory Wayans
Fox: Up Late with Arsenio Hall
UPN: Larry King Live (CNN simulcast) and Top of the Pops with Carson Daly (an American version of the BBC music showcase)

Does anybody think it would be a good idea for the florida semiole tribe to buy out reality media. Alternatly they could take the place of amnc or Regal entetmetnet as one the two founders of open road films

The Japanese version of Bally's Worlds of Wonder will likely lean more heavily on Bandai and Namco's properties.
suggested having it half western and half japaness. I reposted my ideas for wonders of wnder jan below. When does worlds of wonder japanes open again

eel that the should have 3 or 4 American themed in areas . There of these area would include recreations of the Herovile, and The Midway Video games themed sections form The Worlds of wonder in Las Vegas and Glasgow . Do to the lost of Saban super hero properties It may be a god idea to re theme Herovile as either American Metropolis or Home town usa. I also like the possibility of a wild west town area and a Bullwinkle Studios themed area. The three or four western area should be counter blanched by 4 Japaneses areas . Theses sections inculde A modern Tokyo , a section themed to anime , a section themed to Namco ) and a section themed to fedual japan. The toyko area is the counterpart Herovile/American Metroplis/Hometown Usa, The namco setion is the counterpart to the Midway Games Setion, the anime section is the counterpart to the Bluwinkle studios section and the feudel japan section is the counterpart to the wild west sections.

If w

For the tokyo section I would put a jappness lague verison of the voltron simulator (This ride would for the jappness name for voltron go lion) and maybe a ride based on Gamera if Bally makes a deal wiht Daiei Film. The volrton go lion ride could also go in the anime section .

My only ideas for a the the feudal japaness section are kanta and haunted shirne or castle and maybe a japness noddle bar or tea house. Do you have any ideas for this s

I like idea of most of the most of the acrtion in the anime section being to toie anime. Got any idea for toie anime acrtions. I am open to bally make a deal with multiple. I like idea of a acrtion based on the toie tokusatsu super snetir. Super sentir is the tokusatsu show that power rangers is an american remake of. Makeing a super snetira actration would be bally way of paying saban metromedia for jumping ship to universal

If

I had several wild west attraction ideas in American magic 1.0 that can be reused her

If Worlds of wonder japan has a herovile it would simalr to the heroviles in Vegas and Glasgow but with the any acrtions based on lions gate licensed anime. If hero ville is home town USA I can resue my ideas for americna magic worlds of wonder 1.0 veriosn of home town (oringally called trumpvile) and if it is called american mettroplis I guess we can reuse the attraction n form the newyork themed midtown usa

I don't have any ideas for the midway games Namco an d Bulwinkle studios besides acrtions that exist in those sections in Vegas and Glasgow. Do have any ideas Ideas for those seciton. Oldnavy had listed a few acrtaions for the midwwy but not the nacomco and bulwinkel studios section. He just menitoned that the bulkwinle and namco seciotns acratiosn came in to replace acrtions that had to be removed when newline decided to partner up with universal

IIRC Aqua Teen airs on Nick@Nite ITTL. Is that correct?
No, it still airs on [adult swim] ITTL
Adult Swim has Home Movies and Aqua Teen Hunger Force at the moment. Plus reruns of Beavis and Butthead and Family Guy.
Friday July 27
Hilton Bayfront:

Adult Swim confirmed the renewal of Beavis and Butt-Head for the next three years, plus new seasons for Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.​

Oh. I thought it was on Nick because Space Ghost Coast to Coast aired on Nick, and the Aqua Teens originated as an initially unmade episode of that show

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

1) What are the full details, of Audi’s 2008 Stanley Cup Finals commercial, “Carpool Karaoke?”

James Corden joins Devon Sawa, Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin as they sing Fred Penner's "The Cat Came Back."

2) Does the ad’s gimmick prevent James Corden from hosting The Late Late Show in the future?

No. He's in it too. Corden's BBC Three series Gavin and Stacey as of May 2010 ITTL airs in the United States on TNT.

I know you said that you don't think disnye would build a themepark in india but what about another ameircan company. I know that universal announced plans for an indian park ot but it neaver came to furtiaonhttps://www.themeparx.com/universal-studios-india/?page=2 . Perhaps uiversal inddia ge built atl

Dear Tiffany,

There has been some recent controversy surrounding the mascot of your alma mater San Diego State University.

What is your take on the renewed debate?

Sincerely,
Justin Maxwell
Columbus, Ohio

18hIQh8.png

Tiffany Disney
Owner of the Mighty Ducks of San Diego (NHL)
San Diego State graduate; Class of 2005

"This debate had been ongoing before I even enrolled."

"During my freshman year, the school was in the middle of retiring its then-mascot Monty Montezuma."

44f1d141b5e50c37aeec4db0a15fb43d.jpg

ABOVE: Carlos Gutierrez as Monty Montezuma in the 1990's IOTL.

"Every once in a while, I still see vintage merchandise with the old, frowny-face Monty..."

9809_san_diego_state_aztecs-primary-1978.gif

"It is true that previous iterations of Monty would be considered culturally insensitive to modern eyes. When I was a freshman at SDSU, Dr. Stephen Weber was our chancellor (bottom left). He experimented with an Ambassador Montezuma (bottom right) that he thought would appease the indigenous activists who took offense to Monty. But of course, Ambassador Montezuma was booed by the alumni.

494546.jpeg
san-diegosan-diego-state-university-today-introduced-montezuma-the-universitys.jpg

"After my freshman year, that was when the school's athletics department retired the red-faced Monty in favor of the SD initials."
san_diego_state_aztecs_logo_primary_19975618.png
San-Diego-State-Aztecs-Logo-2002.png

"Carlos Gutierrez, the man who performed at Aztec football games as Monty during the Marshall Faulk era, told me recently that he was very hurt by the school phasing out Monty Montezuma because he tried to make his costume as historically accurate as possible. Gutierrez also said he brought in Aztec scholars from Mexico City to help him with the design."

"I've heard about schools like Utah, Florida State and Central Michigan being able to meet halfway with the Ute, Seminole and Chippewa leaders respectively. Here in San Diego, the Aztecs' current branding actually enjoys overwhelming support from the Hispanic community. On the other hand, there are those within Native American circles who point out that the Aztec name was adopted during a less-enlightened time period. What I'd like to see is for my alma mater to go the Florida State route with the blessing of Hispanic activists and Aztec scholars alike."

"Initially, I proposed the name 'Alebrijes' for a possible rebrand for SDSU. But after talking with Hispanic students and alumni, I'll likely save the Alebrije name for my new WPHL team. The compromise I hope the school can reach with Hispanic and Indigenous community leaders is that the Aztec name stay put while human mascots step aside in favor of a Jaguar or another animal symbolic to Aztec culture."

EhZqJXJWsAIXA77.jpg
aztec-jaguar-warrior-angry-face-260nw-2362315867.jpg

After reading the story of SDSU's mascot and branding ITTL, it reminded me of my family. My uncle George is of the Mattaponi people in Virginia, and he used to be a HUGE Redskins fan. Used to drive nearly three hours from the rez to FedEx Field (and before that, RFK Stadium) for their home games. Once the rebranding happened, he stopped. To give you an idea of how big a fan he was, he went to the very first Redskins home game at RFK back in '61, when he was 8. He didn't just stop going to home games, he LITERALLY wanted nothing to do with the Football Team Representing The District of Columbia That Actually Plays In Maryland (he refuses to call them the Commanders, that's how much he hated the rebranding).

After reading the story of SDSU's mascot and branding ITTL, it reminded me of my family. My uncle George is of the Mattaponi people in Virginia, and he used to be a HUGE Redskins fan. Used to drive nearly three hours from the rez to FedEx Field (and before that, RFK Stadium) for their home games. Once the rebranding happened, he stopped. To give you an idea of how big a fan he was, he went to the very first Redskins home game at RFK back in '61, when he was 8. He didn't just stop going to home games, he LITERALLY wanted nothing to do with the Football Team Representing The District of Columbia That Actually Plays In Maryland (he refuses to call them the Commanders, that's how much he hated the rebranding).

Yikes.

As a matter of full disclosure, IOTL, I am Hispanic on my sperm donor's side. Also, I feel mostly ambivalent about the OTL debate surrounding the Aztecs branding. It wasn't until a few years ago when a Native American studies professor tried to bring attention to the origins of the Aztec mascot, only for his efforts to reach a dead end. Here's an OTL clip that might help explain.