As Dreamers Do Part Deux

This Just In....
September 13, 2009

Per TSN, the NHL and the AHL agree to the following affiliations below, which will take effect in the 2010-11 season.

NHL ClubAHL Affiliate
Atlanta FlamesAdirondack Flames
Boston BruinsProvidence Bruins
Buffalo SabresRochester Americans
Calgary HitmenAlbuquerque (Expansion/Relocation)
Charlotte CheckersSyracuse Crunch
Chicago BlackhawksRockford Ice Hogs
Cleveland MoondogsHershey Bears
Colorado RockiesWichita (Expansion/Relocation)
Detroit Red WingsGrand Rapids Griffins
Edmonton OilersOmaha (Expansion/Relocation)
Houston AerosAustin (Expansion/Relocation)
Las Vegas Silver KnightsReno Renegades
Los Angeles KingsBakersfield Condors
Milwaukee AdmiralsFort Wayne Komets
Minnesota North StarsSt. Paul (Expansion/Relocation)
Montreal CanadiensLaval Rocket
New York IslandersBridgeport Sound Tigers
New York RangersBinghamton Rangers
Oklahoma TwistersTulsa (Expansion/Relocation)
Ottawa SenatorsBelleville Senators
Philadelphia FlyersAtlantic City Phantoms
Pittsburgh PenguinsWilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
St. Louis BluesIowa Heartlanders
Mighty Ducks of San DiegoChula Vista Gulls
San Jose SharksStockton Barracuda
Seattle ThunderbirdsSpokane Sockeye
Tampa Bay LightningSpringfield Falcons
Tennessee TitansKentucky Thoroughblades
Toronto Maple LeafsSt. John's Maple Leafs
Vancouver CanucksAbbotsford Canucks
Washington CapitalsAlbany River Rats
Winnipeg JetsManitoba Moose
Hmm, pretty good. One thing I would change though is Seattle’s affiliate with Spokane having the Chiefs of the WHL (don’t know how Junior hockey looks ITTL.), it would be a though sell, unless of course, they don’t exist ITTL. Some other options for minor league cities could be Boise, ID, Columbus, OH, Portland, ME, and Colorado Springs, CO.

Also, does the IHL have minor league affiliates?

Last edited:
Hmm, pretty good. One thing I would change though is Seattle’s affiliate with Spokane having the Chiefs of the WHL (don’t know how Junior hockey looks ITTL.), it would be a though sell, unless of course, they don’t exist ITTL. Some other options for minor league cities could be Boise, ID, Columbus, OH, Portland, ME, and Colorado Springs, CO.

Also, does the IHL have minor league affiliates?

Possible Seattle Thunderbirds affiliates
- Tacoma Sabercats
- Idaho Steelheads

The IHL does have minor leagues too. In 2010-11, the UHL, ECHL and WCHL will merge to become the Coast to Coast Hockey League (CCHL).

Eastern ConferencePossible CCHL Affiliates
Baltimore SkipjacksKalamazoo Wings
Cincinnati CyclonesDayton Bombers
Florida PanthersFort Myers Everblades
Hamilton BulldogsUtica Comets
Hartford WhalersDanbury (Expansion)
Indianapolis RacersQuad City Mallards
New Jersey DevilsPeoria Rivermen
Orlando Solar BearsPensacola Ice Pilots
Quebec NordiquesWheeling Nailers
Northeast division expansion slot for 2011-12 (Windsor, Ontario, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Columbus, Ohio or Portland, Maine)vacant

Western ConferencePossible CCHL Affiliates
Dallas PegasusAllen Americans
Kansas City GrillersRapid City Rush
Long Beach Ice DogsPalm Springs Firebirds
Memphis (Expansion)Tupelo T-Rex
New Orleans RevelersBaton Rouge Kingfish
Phoenix RoadrunnersTucson Gila Monsters
Portland BuckaroosAlaska Aces
Sacramento (Formerly St. Paul Wild)Fresno Falcons
San Antonio IguanasCorpus Christi Ice Rays
Utah GrizzliesPrescott Sundogs

Last edited:
Possible Seattle Thunderbirds affiliates
- Tacoma Sabercats
- Idaho Steelheads
Hmm, really tough call on this, but I'd say Tacoma because...
The IHL does have minor leagues too. In 2010-11, the UHL, ECHL and WCHL will merge to become the Coast to Coast Hockey League (CCHL).

Eastern ConferencePossible CCHL Affiliates
Baltimore SkipjacksKalamazoo Wings
Cincinnati CyclonesDayton Bombers
Florida PanthersFort Myers Everblades
Hamilton BulldogsUtica Comets
Hartford WhalersWorcester (IceCats or Railers)
Indianapolis RacersQuad City Mallards
New Jersey DevilsManchester (NH) Devils
Orlando Solar BearsPensacola Ice Pilots
Quebec NordiquesWheeling Nailers
Northeast division expansion slot for 2011-12 (Windsor, Ontario, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Columbus, Ohio or Portland, Maine)vacant

Western ConferencePossible CCHL Affiliates
Dallas PegasusAllen Americans
Kansas City GrillersRapid City Rush
Long Beach Ice DogsCoachella Valley Firebirds
Memphis (Expansion)Peoria Rivermen
New Orleans RevelersArkansas RiverBlades
Phoenix RoadrunnersTucson Gila Monsters
Portland BuckaroosAlaska Aces
Sacramento (Formerly St. Paul Wild)Fresno Falcons
San Antonio IguanasCorpus Christi Ice Rays
Utah GrizzliesIdaho Steelheads
How I'd personally do it, but take it with a grain of salt. After all, this is your timeline, not mine. Suggested to get hockey to bigger areas and some regions without nearby teams. As for expansion, also a tough call, but I'd say either Toledo, OH (long time minor league market far enough from a major city) or Jacksonville, FL (far enough from any other major city. Should Columbus or Portland not get picked, they would also make fine homes for a team.

Hmm, really tough call on this, but I'd say Tacoma because...

How I'd personally do it, but take it with a grain of salt. After all, this is your timeline, not mine. Suggested to get hockey to bigger areas and some regions without nearby teams. As for expansion, also a tough call, but I'd say either Toledo, OH (long time minor league market far enough from a major city) or Jacksonville, FL (far enough from any other major city. Should Columbus or Portland not get picked, they would also make fine homes for a team.
Actually your farm affiliation ideas make more sense.

I belive that bush sold there there themepark diviosn to to blackstone in 2009. I like the idea of them selling to some different like palace entment thmee park llc or knoch family entement. I feel that palace is the most likely because they a sucidary of spainsh largest themepark oporator and because the palace purchase of kennywood has been butterflied so they should have extra chash set aside for a purchase

Dear Tiffany,

After the Kids Choice Awards, what other big events do you have lined up at the Sempra Energy Center? I'd like to see it up close one of these days.

Patrick Mahomes; Age 14
Tyler, TX

Tiffany Disney:
"Taylor Swift made her San Diego debut last May and she'll make an encore stop as part of her Fearless tour next year."

"Next spring, we will host the NCAA Women's Final Four."

"Next summer, we will have WCW's Bash at the Beach, which will be their first pay-per-view here since the SAGWA strike a year ago."

"In 2011, we will have the All Star Games for both the NHL and NBA. Also in 2011 will be the inaugural season of my WNBA expansion team, the Sirens."

"In 2012, we will have the Frozen Four, which is the NCAA's postseason for Ice Hockey."

"In 2013 and '14, we will have the West Final for the Elite Eight, part of men's March Madness."

"Also, starting next year is the Mountain West Conference tournament for men's hoops."​

State of the Animation Industry (Bozo edition)
State of the Animation Industry
Bozo Edition

With the return of Bozo the Clown roughly 12 months away, each animation studio is already making personnel decisions as they gear up to produce new content for the new Bozo show.

Serving as executive producers for the new Bozo show are Steven Spielberg and Rachel Stone-Abbott. Tom Ruegger will also be on board to oversee coordination between the different studios as new animated cartoons will be part of a 90 minute format for the Bozo revivial, which will also include live action skits, acrobats, games and prizes much like the original.

DISNEY
Just a few weeks ago, Sir Daniel Abbott, head of Walt Disney Classic Animation, assigned Eric Goldberg to oversee Disney's contributions to the new Bozo show. Newly named Legendary staffer Blanche Boudreaux will help out if necessary.

PARAMOUNT
Paramount Pictures has brought in veteran cartoon storyman Earl Kress to lead the writing staff for their Bozo material. Emily Chiang will also be on board as Paramount's head of production. Kyle Marshall, a rookie on the Paramount animation staff, will serve as Kress's apprentice in the bullpen.

WARNER BROS.
Darrell Van Citters and Larry Doyle will share the Bozo duties at WB, with new Looney Tunes material in the pipeline.

PEACOCK
Journeyman animator Phil Nibbelink returns to Peacock to oversee their Bozo contributions.

COLUMBIA-TRISTAR
Still mired in the aftermath of Blanche Boudreaux's bitter divorce from the studio, Columbia executive Bruce Timm assigns the sibling duo of Joe and Stephanie Macdonald to oversee a new Bozo unit. Raggedy Ann, Fox and Crow, Mister Magoo, Gerald McBoingBoing and Beany and Cecil are among the "classic" characters that hope to make a comeback. But those are just the beginning, with the DC, Nintendo and Hasbro heroes also part of the rotation.

TOUCHSTONE
John Lasseter assigns longtime parter in crime Pete Doctor to oversee new Hanna-Barbera material for the Bozo show. Meanwhile, Brian Henson will oversee new Muppet material.

NEW LINE CINEMA
Andy Heyward hires Lachlan Cunningham, Sir Daniel's Australian cousin and former Peacock staffer, to oversee New Line's Bozo contributions.

LUXOR
Mark Evanier has stated repeatedly that new Garfield quickies for the Bozo show will be in 2D to avoid cannibalizing the new 3D Garfield show which launched on SBC earlier this month.​

Is nice to see that all the studios CAN work together sometimes.

Legendary is like a subsidiary of Disney, right?

Right.

I'm not sure if I addressed Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue (1990) in the first thread. If not, let me backtrack a bit at a later date.

Legendary is an independent firm with co-production and co-financing deals with Disney. Basically, Legendary's business model is similar to how Amblin Entertainment has collaborated with multiple studios throughout the years IOTL.

Right.

I'm not sure if I addressed Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue (1990) in the first thread. If not, let me backtrack a bit at a later date.

Legendary is an independent firm with co-production and co-financing deals with Disney. Basically, Legendary's business model is similar to how Amblin Entertainment has collaborated with multiple studios throughout the years IOTL.
Well, 2010 is almost here ITTL, so you could wait a while and do a 20th Anniversary styled post about the release?

Dear Tiffany,

In what ways does the IHL distinguish its product from the NHL?

Connor McDavid (Age 12)
Richmond Hill, Ontario

Tiffany Disney
"Crowds at IHL games tend to be more rowdy, especially when there are fights and line brawls."

"Fights are more frequent in the IHL than they are in the NHL."

"After the IHL merged with the former Global Hockey League (GHL), they introduced the shootout and the stretch pass. Both of those have been adopted by the NHL since I took over the Ducks for my dad."​

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

Are there any reasons, for Gus St. Pierre, to decide to spend his school days as the prankster?

This was mainly a coping mechanism and a means of escapism for Gus, considering the chaos he and his younger sisters went through under Bridgette's roof.

The Lower Ninth Ward, a predominantly African-American neighborhood in New Orleans, was where Gus and his siblings spent most of their early childhood until they moved to California full time. Mainly because that was where Bridgette could afford to live with her welfare checks.

Colette and Daphne, Gus's older half-sisters, lived with other relatives in the Gentilly neighborhood.

How did Neel Singh’s comedy career fare, before and after he played Apu on The Simpsons?

Neel launched his career during his teenage years in Seattle. There, he was a street performer on weekends at the Pike Place Market.

Mr. and Mrs. Singh weren't exactly supportive of Neel's pursuit of comedy as a career and tried to wean him towards a career in medicine or engineering. Instead, he enrolled at Evergreen State, where he majored in the very first gender studies curricula in North America. Between semesters, he would tour the stand-up circuits of Washington State and Oregon.

In 1983, Singh made his late night debut on SBC's Bedtime Show, then hosted by Joan Rivers.

After that, he appeared on SCTV, which aired on SBC in a head to head battle with NBC's SNL. Then in 1988, Singh had his own HBO special, The Neel Singh Show, followed by occasional appearances on the network's Comic Relief telethons.

After the Simpsons went on hiatus except for new installments of the Treehouse of Horror specials, Singh returned briefly to the stand up circuit. Now with the show back in full production he has returned to the role of not only Apu, but also Sanjay too. By the way, Prisha Ram, who was the voice of Shanti in The Jungle Book back in 1984, has returned to the role of Manjula.​

This Just In (9/14/09)
This Just In...
"A few years back, I told the world how I didn't think I'd live to see my 65th birthday. I'm grateful to be part of SAGWA's alumni program, but I really do wish SAGWA itself had existed while I was in my prime. Now, I hope the new generation of wrestlers can have a more comfortable retirement without having to climb back into the ring in their early Fifties like I did back in '03."
Rowdy Roddy Piper in an interview on SportsCenter; September 14, 2009

Rockin Rhonda (2009 TV Series)
Rockin Rhonda
Launched on The Disney Channel on September 8, 2009

Created by
Marisol Perez

Developed for television by
Rachel Stone-Abbott and Linda Woolverton

Produced in association with
Legendary Multimedia

Synopsis
Rhonda Ruiz (Selena Gomez) is an aspiring recording artist whose debut music video crashes and burns thanks to a sleazy manager and a clueless director. Now, Rhonda must pick up the pieces if she hopes to salvage her sagging career while maintaining a normal teenage life.

Notes
- On Wizards of Waverly Place, which airs on Nickelodeon ITTL, the role of Alex Russo is instead played by Ariana Grande. Grande also voices Gina on the 2006 version of Big Nate, which airs on NBC on Saturday Mornings and on USA Cartoon Express during the afterschool hours.

- As a child actress, Marisol Perez appeared as Dot in the 1994 live action film Little Audrey. In the years since, Perez appeared in a 1997 biopic about the adolescent years of Tex-Mex singer Selena Quintanilla. After that, she moved from Hollywood back to her native Houston where she worked as a cashier at her family's taco shop. Also, she got to ride the Zamboni at a few Aeros games.

- Perez says her experience working on the Selena movie inspired her to create her own fictional popstar.​

@WB18

So far, Columbus and Jacksonville are the front runners for the 20th IHL club.

What I could do if it ends up being Jax is I could shift the Lightning's AHL farm club to Tallahassee, St. Pete, Birmingham, Mobile, Biloxi, Augusta or Savannah.

Rockin Rhonda
Launched on The Disney Channel on September 8, 2009

Created by
Marisol Perez

Developed for television by
Rachel Stone-Abbott and Linda Woolverton

Produced in association with
Legendary Multimedia

Synopsis
Rhonda Ruiz (Selena Gomez) is an aspiring recording artist whose debut music video crashes and burns thanks to a sleazy manager and a clueless director. Now, Rhonda must pick up the pieces if she hopes to salvage her sagging career while maintaining a normal teenage life.

Notes
- On Wizards of Waverly Place, which airs on Nickelodeon ITTL, the role of Alex Russo is instead played by Ariana Grande. Grande also voices Gina on the 2006 version of Big Nate, which airs on NBC on Saturday Mornings and on USA Cartoon Express during the afterschool hours.

- As a child actress, Marisol Perez appeared as Dot in the 1994 live action film Little Audrey. In the years since, Perez appeared in a 1997 biopic about the adolescent years of Tex-Mex singer Selena Quintanilla. After that, she moved from Hollywood back to her native Houston where she worked as a cashier at her family's taco shop. Also, she got to ride the Zamboni at a few Aeros games.

- Perez says her experience working on the Selena movie inspired her to create her own fictional popstar.​
Nice!, but you forgot the threadmark.

Also, how successful would this show be?