As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Early June 2009 (Part 2)

SBC confirms it has big plans to commemorate the 30th season of Wednesday Night Hockey. However, fans couldn't wait to uncork the champagne. One such fan uploaded a montage on YouTube featuring various sponsors that have graced the weekly NHL national telecasts throughout the years.

Jim Gordon
1980:
"Tonight's game is brought to you by Budweiser. Hockey fans, this Bud's for you!"

Bob Miller
1981:
"By Allstate Insurance Companies, who reminds you that You're in good hands with Allstate!"
1982: "By Atari. Have you played Atari today?"
1983: "By K-Mart. We've got it good!"
1984: "By Pan-Am Airlines, who reminds you the skies are no longer the limit!"
1985: "By Sears, your headquarters for official NHL team merchandise."

Mike "Doc" Emrick
1986: "By Kellogg's Corn Flakes. The best to you each morning!"
1987: "By Nike. Just Do It!"
1988: "By Budweiser, proud sponsor of the 1988 US Olympic Team!"
1989: "By Ford and your Ford dealer. Have you driven a Ford...lately?"
1990: "By Coors Light. The Silver Bullet is the right beer now!"
1991: "By Kentucky Fried Chicken. Nobody's cooking like today's KFC!"
1992: "By Circuit City, where service is state of the art."
1993: "By Coca-Cola Classic. Always tough, always Coca-Cola!"
1994: "By Pontiac. We Build Excitement!"
1995: "By Dockers. Hey, nice pants!"
1996: "By Jack in the Box. Watch out, Mac. Jack's Back!"
1997: "By Miller Lite. When it's game time, it's Miller Time!"
1998: "By Commodore computers, who encourages you to Think Different!"
1999: "By Jeep. There's only one!"
2000: "By Pringles. Once you pop, the fun won't stop!"
2001: "By Verizon. We never stop working for you!"
2002: "By Gatorade Fierce. So bold, it's fierce!"
2003: "By McDonald's. I'm lovin' it!"
2004: "By Ford Trucks. Built Ford Tough!"
2005: "By Burger King. Home of the Whopper."
2006: "By Walt Disney World resort, where dreams come true!"
2007: "By Staples. That was easy!"
2008: "By Nissan. Innovation that excites."
Will we be getting a thrid Entertainment News for Early June 2009 that includes non sport news

12RXW5KJPRGS9IAR317UP_V00122.jpg

Garnet "Ace" Bailey
(General Manager; Mighty Ducks of San Diego)

"I'm grateful for the opportunity given to me by Ms. Disney. It was sad to see Brian Burke go, but of course, Cohen wanted him to come to New York. That's why Tiff promoted me from scouting to GM."

"After Titans forward Richard Zednik sustained a neck injury a year or so ago, Tiffany has been trying to mandate neck guards for our entire roster. But before she can do so, she has been working with Bauer, CCM and other equipment companies to develop a neck guard that can be both protective and comfortable for our players."

"As for the future of Randy Carlyle as our head coach, he still has two years left of his current contract."

Notes
ITTL, with then-President Harvey Weinstein having averted 9/11, Ace and Mark Bavis are still alive, as is Pat Tillman.​

Entertainment News for Early June 2009 (Part 3)

Rumor:
Lionsgate is shopping Totally Spies to other networks amid a bitter dispute with USA Cartoon Express over the show's "kinky" content.
- Variety

Saban Metromedia says it is consulting with an outside marketing firm to review and possibly rebrand Spike TV amid critics calling the network's programming "patently lowbrow and chauvinistic." Last year, an attempt to rebrand the maligned Spike as the New Line Channel was aborted due to an online fan petition.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Legendary Multimedia and the WGBH Educational Foundation announce that Cartooning Made Easy will resume production after Blanche Boudreaux's recovery from alcohol abuse.
- Entertainment Tonight

CBS Discovery and Hasbro have both been ordered by a Los Angeles judge to pay Blanche Boudreaux 3% of the residuals and advertising revenue generated from future episodes of the Saturday morning megahit My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- The New York Times

Peacock's (NYSE: NBC) stock price drops from $60 to $48 a share amid rumors of Lionsgate transferring the rights to Totally Spies from USA Cartoon Express to either Animax, Adult Swim or Nick at Nite.
- CNBC

Columbia-Tristar Television officially begins production of the Gidget reboot in Laguna Beach. Ashley Tisdale was greeted by a huge crowd when she arrived for her first day of filming. It is still unclear who will play the Big Kahuna, a character that will serve as Gidget's mentor to help her navigate through the ups and downs of surfing culture. Dwayne Johnson, Temuera Morrison and Jason Scott Lee are among the names rumored to be attached to the project. Gidget will launch in Fall 2010 on Oaxis.
- Access Hollywood

Rumor:
Lionsgate is shopping Totally Spies to other networks amid a bitter dispute with USA Cartoon Express over the show's "kinky" content.
- Variety

Saban Metromedia says it is consulting with an outside marketing firm to review and possibly rebrand Spike TV amid critics calling the network's programming "patently lowbrow and chauvinistic." Last year, an attempt to rebrand the maligned Spike as the New Line Channel was aborted due to an online fan petition.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Peacock's (NYSE: NBC) stock price drops from $60 to $48 a share amid rumors of Lionsgate transferring the rights to Totally Spies from USA Cartoon Express to either Animax, Adult Swim or Nick at Nite.
- CNBC
1. At least Totally Spies isn't airing on a kids channel anymore with it's content
2. What's wrong with rebranding Spike TV as the New Line Channel?
3. Maybe put Totally Spies on Animax? I don't think it would fit on [adult swim] or Nick at Nite

Rumor: Lionsgate is shopping Totally Spies to other networks amid a bitter dispute with USA Cartoon Express over the show's "kinky" content.
- Variety
I find it amazing the show lasted this long on USA.
- The Hollywood Reporter
I kinda agree with that abortion, but that's because it would sully the New Line name with its current programming. Unless better shows come along, it's probably gonna be hard to fix the network.
Legendary Multimedia and the WGBH Educational Foundation announce that Cartooning Made Easy will resume production after Blanche Boudreaux's recovery from alcohol abuse.
- Entertainment Tonight
Excellent!
CBS Discovery and Hasbro have both been ordered by a Los Angeles judge to pay Blanche Boudreaux 3% of the residuals and advertising revenue generated from future episodes of the Saturday morning megahit My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- The New York Times
Great!
- CNBC
I'd give it to Adult Swim. The "kinky" content and the artstyle would make it a good fit for its earliest hours.
Columbia-Tristar Television officially begins production of the Gidget reboot in Laguna Beach. Ashley Tisdale was greeted by a huge crowd when she arrived for her first day of filming. It is still unclear who will play the Big Kahuna, a character that will serve as Gidget's mentor to help her navigate through the ups and downs of surfing culture. Dwayne Johnson, Temuera Morrison and Jason Scott Lee are among the names rumored to be attached to the project. Gidget will launch in Fall 2010 on Oaxis.
- Access Hollywood
Surfing? I don't get how that would make sense for a Gidget reboot, but okay. I do think Dwayne Johnson has the best shot at the attachment, though.

Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Might be one or two others I'm not sure.
Squidbillies could probably still air on [adult swim] ITTL since Dave Willis co-created that and Aqua Teen Hunger Force
10 PM: King of the Hill
10:30 PM: Totally Spies!
11 PM: Family Guy
11:30 PM: Beavis and Butthead
12 AM: Robot Chicken
12:30 AM: Aqua Teen Hunger Force
1 AM: Squidbillies
1:30 AM: Celebrity Deathmatch
2-5 AM: Repeats of 11-2 AM
5 AM: King of the Hill (repeat)
5:30 AM: Totally Spies! (repeat)

Rumor:
- Variety
Well, CN PROPER could work.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Wait........................I thought NBC owned it......What happened?
- Entertainment Tonight
Cool.
- The New York Times
Nice way for Blanche to get a bit more money.
- CNBC
Ouch..........
- Access Hollywood
Nice!
1. At least Totally Spies isn't airing on a kids channel anymore with it's content
Dude, just edit it.............
2. What's wrong with rebranding Spike TV as the New Line Channel?
Yeah?
3. Maybe put Totally Spies on Animax? I don't think it would fit on [adult swim] or Nick at Nite
I think Animax would be the better choice.
I find it amazing the show lasted this long on USA.

I kinda agree with that abortion, but that's because it would sully the New Line name with its current programming. Unless better shows come along, it's probably gonna be hard to fix the network.

Excellent!

Great!

I'd give it to Adult Swim. The "kinky" content and the artstyle would make it a good fit for its earliest hours.

Surfing? I don't get how that would make sense for a Gidget reboot, but okay. I do think Dwayne Johnson has the best shot at the attachment, though.
Same here.
Hmm…

I'm not really sure.........Maybe TS first, then KOTH?
Yeah. Like that.
By the way, what are Adult Swim’s other major franchises?
Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Might be one or two others I'm not sure.
Squidbillies could probably still air on [adult swim] ITTL since Dave Willis co-created that and Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Well, what about Aeon Flux, the other MTV cartoons and The Boondocks?

And what are some anime that's aired on AS other than Midori Days and Super Milk Chan?
12 AM: Robot Chicken
12:30 AM: Aqua Teen Hunger Force
1 AM: Squidbillies
1:30 AM: Celebrity Deathmatch
2-5 AM: Repeats of 11-2 AM
5 AM: King of the Hill (repeat)
5:30 AM: Totally Spies! (repeat)
Damn..............That's a bleak-ass schedule without The Boondocks..........

And we're still not sure of the anime situation yet other than Midori Days and Super Milk Chan............

Well, what about Aeon Flux, the other MTV cartoons and The Boondocks?
The Boondocks airing on [adult swim] ITTL may or may not happen since we don't know what company made the TV series, is it Sony like OTL? Or is it a different company?

Also, you got me wondering if [adult swim] airs some of MTV's live-action shows ITTL, IOTL [adult swim] started airing live-action shows around 2007, I wonder if they still air live-action ITTL

The Boondocks airing on [adult swim] ITTL may or may not happen since we don't know what company made the TV series, is it Sony like OTL? Or is it a different company?
It'd most likely still be Sony.
Also, you got me wondering if [adult swim] airs some of MTV's live-action shows ITTL, IOTL [adult swim] started airing live-action shows around 2007, I wonder if they still air live-action ITTL
NO!

They have MTV for that. More likely, MTV would probably abandon animation entirely and their remaining toons would move to Adult Swim.

Oldnavy I remamber you said that micheal jackson is not going to die in 2009. Thus I feel with jackson living longer is this is it concert residency will not be cancelled. I assume that this it it will be a big success becauss the otl this concert film that was created from reccod footage of micheal jackson reshrasal for this is it was the highest selling concert film of alltime. speaking of micheal jackson i hope his themepark opens. I got several ideas for the micheal jackson park. does anybody else have any idea

Any one heard of micheal jackson daughter paris. At age 13 she signed on to star in childern fansty film called Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys, but the film got stuck in devment hell. The movie was bassed on a childern story of the same name. I like the idea of the movie being released atl. since paris father live 2009 perhas he could have cameo in lundon's bridge and the the three keys