worst Presidential Succession possible

A bullet kills Barak Obama, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Robert Byrd.

Hillary Clinton was the democrats' second choice (if not the early front runner). Grin and bear it, she is still more qualified than Pelosi or Byrd. And most early primary voters put her over Biden.

Tom Vilsack, current secretary of the agriculture. I bring him up simply because he's LAST in the line of succession, and for god reason.

But Vilsack is ninth in a named list of 18 successors. What makes him so bad?

On another note, consider this: Robert Byrd dies of a heart attack; the next most senior Democratic senator takes his place. Obama, Biden and Pelosi are killed in a single terrorist explosion. We have a former life guard in the white house.

Hillary Clinton was the democrats' second choice (if not the early front runner). Grin and bear it, she is still more qualified than Pelosi or Byrd. And most early primary voters put her over Biden.

I agree I voted for Huckabee in the Republican Primary and grudgingly voted for John McCain. I can assure you that I would rather have Hillary Clinton be president then Nancy Pelosi . (maybe rather than Barrack Obama but that's another story! :) )

I can assure you that I would rather have Hillary Clinton be president then Nancy Pelosi . (maybe rather than Barrack Obama but that's another story! :) )

The key is to assure qualified people are poised for succession. The three most recent secretaries of state would be considered qualified by members of both parties: Clinton, Rice, Powell.

Never has succession proceeded past VP, so there is no tradition to flip flop the positions of Speaker and President ProTem to place the most qualified person in line, or to fill the positions with members not qualified to be president. For instance, if the House made Aaron Schock (R-IL) speaker, and the Senate made Mel Martinez (R-FL) President pro-tem, Hillary Clinton would be next in line after Joe Biden.

James Buchanan dies shortly after the general election of 1860, leading new President John C. Breckinridge to decide that steps must be taken to prevent the horrid Mr Lincoln taking power next March with the powers of a dictator.

I think this one deserves more recognition for its originality and potential for a great timeline.