WI New Age Limits For POTUS

Clause 5 said:
Qualifications for office
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States

Inspired by the thread about the 22nd Amendment.

What if the mimimum age was raised and/or a maximum age imposed on the qualifications for the presidency?

A forty or forty-five year old limit might be introduced after a controversial POTUS--Vice President John Breckinridge succeeding to office in his late thirties and starting the ACW all by his self has to be the best trigger for that to occur. However, I can see a 22nd Amendment including such a clause passed after TR's reign by a political elite that didn't like the idea of more young men in the White House (or more older TR, for that matter).

I also like the idea of this alternate 22nd passing in the 80th congress, sponsored by Taft and signed by Truman as way of saying 'fuck you' to Dewey (although a 45 age limit wouldn't prevent the New Yorker from running in '48, Stassen would get caught out).

Yet, somewhat counterintuitively, I think the upper age limit would be harder to put in place. Because such a limit isn't in the original Constitution there's no precedent for putting one there.

This is despite the fact that Eisenhower thought no man in his seventies had any business being in the White House, and the fact that Reagan's last chief of staff, Ken Duberstein, had grave concerns that his boss didn't have any business continuing in office. Just because an upper age limit of 75 or 80 makes perfect sense doesn't mean that it could easily be implemented, whether as part of an ATL 22nd or not. But I do think that a new younger limit could pass as part of a political backlash against a specific POTUS.