What if the Catholic Monarchs and King Henry VII agreed Arthur and Catherine's marriage had been consummated?

So in our world the general consensus of Arthur and Catherine's marriage was that it had not been consummated. But what if the consensus was it had been consummated? Obviously Catherine would return to Spain, but what about her dowry? Would it be kept by Henry VII? Who does Catherine marry to and how does it affect England?

So in our world the general consensus of Arthur and Catherine's marriage was that it had not been consummated. But what if the consensus was it had been consummated? Obviously Catherine would return to Spain, but what about her dowry? Would it be kept by Henry VII? Who does Catherine marry to and how does it affect England?
Henry VII would have to pay her her widow's money, though he would keep the half of her dowry that had already been paid by Isabella&Ferdinand. Henry VIII would marry Eleanor of Austria, who might give him the son he wanted. Not sure on who Catherine can marry now.

The only person I can think of is Sigismund I of Poland, who OTL married Bona Sforza, but I think he's too old for her. After her mom's death, and her father's pro-french policy, she could replace Mary Tudor as the third wife of Louis XII.

Henry VII would have to pay her her widow's money, though he would keep the half of her dowry that had already been paid by Isabella&Ferdinand. Henry VIII would marry Eleanor of Austria, who might give him the son he wanted. Not sure on who Catherine can marry now.
The only person I can think of is Sigismund I of Poland, who OTL married Bona Sforza, but I think he's too old for her. After her mom's death, and her father's pro-french policy, she could replace Mary Tudor as the third wife of Louis XII.
No.Catherine would still marry Henry VIII.The Tudors and Trastamaras have obtained two papal dispensations for Catherine+Henry VIII.One in the event the marriage was consummated, one in the event it was not.

Catherine would surely be in better financial conditions as her parents would be forced to pay the second half of her dowry to Henry VII, instead of waiting for her wedding to the new Prince of Wales and she would receive her dower, eliminating her OTL financial troubles. Pretty likely who in the end Henry VIII would still annul the betrothal and engage Henry to Eleanor of Austria after Isabella’s death as Catherine’s loss of value on the international market would NOT change (and giving her back the dowry was NEVER Henry VII’s problem).

What about Charles III of Savoy when he takes power? He's wealthy, powerful and a strong ally against the French.

No.Catherine would still marry Henry VIII.The Tudors and Trastamaras have obtained two papal dispensations for Catherine+Henry VIII.One in the event the marriage was consummated, one in the event it was not.
They did? I never heard that one before. Maybe Henry VIII would divorce her then anyways since he can really use Leviticus to his advantage?

Catherine would surely be in better financial conditions as her parents would be forced to pay the second half of her dowry to Henry VII, instead of waiting for her wedding to the new Prince of Wales and she would receive her dower, eliminating her OTL financial troubles. Pretty likely who in the end Henry VIII would still annul the betrothal and engage Henry to Eleanor of Austria after Isabella’s death as Catherine’s loss of value on the international market would NOT change (and giving her back the dowry was NEVER Henry VII’s problem).
I see, but with the marriage between Arthur and Catherine consummated could Henry VIII not marry her?

It's not outside of realm of possibility, that it actually was. But I quess that we are talking about situation where there is no doubt about it. In this case, she indeed would propably return to Spain... Unless Catherine got pregnant, I highly doubt that King Henry VII would ignore that.
I see, but with the marriage between Arthur and Catherine consummated could Henry VIII not marry her?
For Henry VII, it was an VERY important thing - Catherine was descendant of House of Lancaster, and aunt of future King of Spain.

For Henry VII, it was an VERY important thing - Catherine was descendant of House of Lancaster, and aunt of future King of Spain.
And there's a better option, Eleanor of Austria, she's got Lancastrian blood from both sides of her family and is the sister of the King of Spain.

And there's a better option, Eleanor of Austria, she's got Lancastrian blood from both sides of her family and is the sister of the King of Spain.
But is there a chance for Henry (Future VIII) Tudor to marry her? She was a potential hair to the throne of Spain, and a member of Habsurg family. And while Henry was a son of king, Tudors claim to the throne wasn't exactly that strong. His pathernal grandfather could be considered a magnate at best.

But is there a chance for Henry (Future VIII) Tudor to marry her? She was a potential hair to the throne of Spain, and a member of Habsurg family. And while Henry was a son of king, Tudors claim to the throne wasn't exactly that strong. His pathernal grandfather could be considered a magnate at best.
Well he was supposed to marry her in our timeline but dropped her in favour of Catherine. So if Catherine is out of England he'll probably marry her.

I think that given he was supposed to marry her OTL yes.

Henry VII's claim wasn't strong, but his son's was.

Well Edward IV's grandfather is considered a traitor and a bastard by most but that didn't stop the Yorks......

Henry VII's claim wasn't strong, but his son's was.

Well Edward IV's grandfather is considered a traitor and a bastard by most but that didn't stop the Yorks......
I agree. Henry's claim was much stronger than his Father's. If Catherine's marriage was consummated she'd probably return to Spain and Eleanor would be betrothed to Henry. Catherine could be betrothed to Charles III of Savoy since Isabella will most likely live longer with her daughters presence.

I always was sceptical about propability of that marriage... But that's only my opinion. Perhaps I'm thinking too high about Habsburg's ego at this point :D

Catherine could be betrothed to Charles III of Savoy since Isabella will most likely live longer with her daughters presence.
Only if she is still free. If marriage had been consummated, then there is a chance that Arthur and Catherine will have at least one kid. And that opens a lot of options.

I always was sceptical about propability of that marriage... But that's only my opinion. Perhaps I'm thinking too high about Habsburg's ego at this point :D

Only if she is still free. If marriage had been consummated, then there is a chance that Arthur and Catherine will have at least one kid. And that opens a lot of options.

I suppose, though let's work of the assumptions it wasn't. As for the Habsburg's ego why turn down an alliance with England? Especially during the Italian Wars? Catherine probably will be free because there's not many matches suitable for her after that.

Couldn't Henry VII have married Catherine after the death of Elizabeth of York? There's AFAIK no prohibition of a widow marrying her former father-in-law in the scriptures.

No, he considered that in otl but the Catholic Monarch's turned that down.
To be fair, it's hard to blame them. This kind of marriage would be extremly controversial. If it was problematic to marry brother and his former sister-in-law, then the entire idea of marriage between man and his daughter-in-law sounds like aberration of biblical proportions.