What if Oda Nobuhide united Owari and became the true head of the Oda Clan?

As sparse as Oda Nobunaga AH are, I found myself thinking more and more about Nobunaga's father, Nobuhide. He was a great warrior and leader in his own right, but he suffered from being overly cautious. He was famous for mainly attempting to conquer neighboring territories with various levels of success, and then losing all of his gains and finally dying of a mystery disease at around 40-41. However, he had potential. If he had used his plans to unite Owari, a small but wealthy, fertile and populated province, then he could have built up a very strong base and even conquered parts of Mino and Mikawa and actually kept them.

I'd also like to discuss the potential of him living longer with him possibly not getting as ill due to less stress and how these factors could have affected Nobunaga's eventual rise. In my head I always envision Nobuhide retiring and guiding Nobunaga to fully unite Japan. I have other ideas, but they go farther than these two questions, so I'll leave it for you all to ask and discuss.

Last edited: