What if Hitler's inappropriate pictures were leaked?

Apple3169

Banned
What if a journalist leaked Hitler's pictures while he was having homosexual sex (as a bottom) with a bunch of musclar guys and managed to distribute it on a German newspaper while Hitler was on power? Would German people's perception about him change? How would Hitler react to this? What would happen to them? Could that trigger a change of power on Germany?

Last edited:
Uhhhh I have never heard of these images. What's your source on them existing?
All evidence I've seen points thoroughly towards Hitler being a heterosexual man.

I mean it was a "Let's say he was..." question.
Oh, okay, I misunderstood the prompt.
I highly doubt he'd have stayed in power, especially if this is after the persecution of Homosexuals has begun. Things didn't end well for the other gay Nazi leader, after all.

Question is, when they come out. I very much doubt they'd be allowed to be released in newspapers at any point after 1933.

This works as a what-if if it's just Hitler doing something inappropriate — if you specify what he's doing, then it's much closer to ASB territory, because then you're changing Hitler's character.

He says the photos are fake. Most people believe it. The perpetrators — at least, a group the Gestapo insists are the perpetrators — are caught and executed. The journalists involved are probably sent to concentration camps, though there's a chance they're shot too, and there's a chance they're spared, if they 150% support the Gestapo account of the forgery. Openly doubting the fact that the photos are fake is also, of course, a ticket to a camp.

Really, if the photos are fake, it should be easy to tell, and they should be easy to authenticate if they're real. This is 1930s photo editing technology. So the foreign press will know who's telling the truth — but, if the official German stance is that it's a forgery, they might stay relatively quiet about it.

What if a journalist leaked Hitler's pictures while he was having homosexual sex (as a bottom) with a bunch of musclar guys and managed to distribute it on a German newspaper while Hitler was on power? Would German people's perception about him change? How would Hitler react to this? What would happen to them? Could that trigger a change of power on Germany?
You can be the allies would use them as propaganda heavily.

I mean it was a "Let's say he was..." question.
I highly suggest you edit the title to make this clearer and explicitly state that part of this ATL is that Hitler was a homosexual.

Long story short, Hitler wouldn't have been leading the NSDAP, especially by the time this, however it may be gets leaked. Much less Germany.

Considering the cut throat nature of party politics, I'm sure an NSDAP member would have found this out much earlier and used it as kompromat in order to force Hitler to step down from major leadership positions. Paving the way for said NSDAP member's own rise to leadership within the party.

When this is leaked, Hitler is likely some back bencher in the Reichstag. This is still is a major scandal as a member of the Reichstag was revealed to be a homosexual. Hitler resigns from the Reichstag and is publicly kicked from the party.

Given the lower ranking nature of this ATL Hitler, the NSDAP would still easily survive this.

The main question is who would the NSDAP leader and thus Chancellor be in this period. One route is that Himmler would be the NSDAP chancellor during this.

However I think Goering is a far more likely candidate to replace Hitler as leader because of his WW1 service.

Goering would try salvage the situation the best he can. A few days after this leak occurs, Goering decides to claim credit for the leaking(even though he didn't do it). Goering then sends some SA guys to intimidate the newspaper that published it into acknowledging that Goering was the leaker.
Goering would publicly say, that as the NSDAP leader, he has zero tolerance for such actions from a party member, and accordingly took action against him.

For NSDAP members, Goering claiming responsbility shows that he is not afraid to publicly admonish and humiliate members, especially those he sees as a threat. This gives Goering much greater control over the party than he did before.

Behind the scenes, Goering would want to hasten the Enabling Act to get complete control of the country.
The Night of the Long Knives still occur, and Hitler is among those removed.

Certainly, having Goering be the Fuhrer would change a lot of things in WW2. But I do not have the expertise to comment how things go down once the war begins.

Last edited:
I highly suggest you edit the title to make this clearer and explicitly state that part of this ATL us Hitler was a homosexual.

(...)
Then his whole life is different, and there's a huge point of difference no later than the struggling artist in Vienna stage. Maybe he falls in love. Maybe he becomes a prostitute and dies of syphilis or gets murdered. Maybe he gets into art school and becomes a successful modern artist (where his sexuality would've been acceptable).

That's why I'd prefer inappropriate pictures of Hitler doing something he'd plausibly do. Maybe Eva Braun is pregnant in 1934, she says he's the father, and there's photographic evidence. That's actually pretty bad in 1930s terms; you don't need a 2020s standard of inappropriate.

Whatever the situation, gay Hitler or just a scandal, I maintain that Hitler denies it to the end... unless he can find a weird way to justify it and turn it into a win. Like, if he's already Führer and he's caught impregnating Eva, then the problem isn't that Hitler had premarital sex — the problem is that people think premarital sex is bad, when it is, in fact, by Führer decree, preferable for babies to be conceived out of wedlock. (I don't see him doing that in the OP scenario... but I do have to say it's kind of funny to imagine him trying.)

That's why I'd prefer inappropriate pictures of Hitler doing something he'd plausibly do. Maybe Eva Braun is pregnant in 1934, she says he's the father, and there's photographic evidence. That's actually pretty bad in 1930s terms; you don't need a 2020s standard of inappropriate.
I don't think it would work since it wasn't public knowledge that Hitler as involved with Eva.

If pregnant Eva pictures would emerge, Hitler and other NSDAP officials would claim that Eva's child was with another man. A fairly reasonable explanation and the issue would be dropped. Privately she would give birth and the child is basically kept away from the world, while publicly it is maintained her child was stillborn.

Not much of a scandal really. Only major divergence is what happens with Hitler's child. Does Hitler take the Goebbel's route? Or will he orphan the child and leave his fate to the allies?

I don't think it would work since it wasn't public knowledge that Hitler as involved with Eva.

Eva in general was a complete nonentity. She wasn't a public figure at all and never appeared with Hitler in public or at diplomatic functions. She literally had to leave the room whenever he met foreign diplomats.

Barely anyone knew who she was. Furthermore, Eva coming forward and publicly claiming she had the Führer's baby but he's not acknowledging its paternity would...really contradict what we know of her. And if she did it would be hushed up. By 1934 the Nazis control the press and the narrative.

It's a matter of debate among historians whether they had sex at all.

Last edited:
de7mbn3-64566cd2-8535-4639-a488-a8268e55a5dc.jpg

Oddly, there were picture Hitler not wanted to become public !

One were a Set of picture he made 1930 in Munich.
He wanted tested the way to express to People, the following Pictures Hitler consider to embarrassing.

Another is more rumor, it seems that there were picture of Hitler with his niece Angela Maria "Geli" Raubal.
Who show both to cosy for normal Uncle Niece relationship, if they exist ? unclear...

Eva Braun had a Hobby: Photographing and Filming
and her favourite subject: Hitler and is entourage in private circle.
Martin Borman had all hands full to prevent that picture and film rolls became public...

Most of Eva Braun photo and Film rolls survived WW2
also the 1930 Photo set
Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-10460%2C_Adolf_Hitler%2C_Rednerposen.jpg

Ramontxo

Donor
Hitler being an closeted homosxual is one of this theories that reappear periocally. Then there is the whole question of his teenager niece commiting suicide. This was investigated quite thoroughly by the newspapers, as this was before H. coming to power, but still all kind of sexual deviance theories keep appearing. You can have same pictures of both of them in intimacy and that would have been an very very big scandal. Before 1933 of course. After that it is as posted above

Those 1930s photos are hilarious and there are several Dancing Hitler parodies on YouTube. The one with them alongside Rhianna's SOS is hilarious.