USA in the world of KPU War!

Calling upon US and Spanish members! And anybody else with knowledge and interest.

In the KPUW! I have the USA at the close of 1810 have the borders on the attached map below \/

But to proceed from here; the Spanish Pacific Coast claim have been surrendered to Britain as an outcome of the Slavery War in which the USA participated as an ally of Britain and Denmark-Norway.

With a much smaller landgrab than OTL - Louisiana Purchase would this result in faster growing USA understood as all of the newly aquired area becoming states no later than 1820?
I can still see US citizens seeping into Spanish territory as per OTL but the experiences of the Slavery War massacre in Mississippi may have a cooling effect on this.

Spain:
Would this outcome of war serve to strengthen Spanish military engagement in New Spain to guard for future situations; i.e. another war with USA?
Of course developments in Europe - Italy that is - may upset Spanish designs on reinforcing New Spain, but until then would this result in changes in administration in New Spain like in the areas of the Vice-Royalties?
I would suspect such change to happen to some degree because of the perception of the strategic possiblities of the USA - alliance with major naval powers to interfere with reinforcing New Spain in case of future war.

Comments please! :)

world 1810.png

Valdemar II

Banned
I see a lot more US support for the Texas filibusters.
http://www.tamu.edu/ccbn/dewitt/filibusters.htm

I doubt Spain will likely adopt a rather strict Anti-Anglo policy in the North, which ensure little American settlements.

AW, in OTL the Revolutionary War ended a wave of German emigration to USA, and German immigrant first began to move in the 1840ties again, here without the contignental system, and the number of dead of the Wars, Germany emigration will continue, USA will still receive a lot of the Protestants, through Poland and Russia will also take many. But Spain will likely open Northen New Spain up for Catholic settlers from Germany to create a buffer against American exspantion, the result will likey be that Tejas and Spanish California becomes the Spainish equalant of Volga Germany. That will also take some of the preassure to USA of. If von Dalberg has succes I imagine that a lot of pro-Vatican German catholics will move to New Spain, through Austria will also receive a lot of them. They will quite loyal to the Spanish throne, and hostile to American filibuster and exspantion.

I see a lot more US support for the Texas filibusters.
http://www.tamu.edu/ccbn/dewitt/filibusters.htm

Thanks for the link - quite interesting stuff especially about the 1810 Hidalgo revolution.

I doubt Spain will likely adopt a rather strict Anti-Anglo policy in the North, which ensure little American settlements.

AW, in OTL the Revolutionary War ended a wave of German emigration to USA, and German immigrant first began to move in the 1840ties again, here without the contignental system, and the number of dead of the Wars, Germany emigration will continue, USA will still receive a lot of the Protestants, through Poland and Russia will also take many. But Spain will likely open Northen New Spain up for Catholic settlers from Germany to create a buffer against American exspantion, the result will likey be that Tejas and Spanish California becomes the Spainish equalant of Volga Germany. That will also take some of the preassure to USA of. If von Dalberg has succes I imagine that a lot of pro-Vatican German catholics will move to New Spain, through Austria will also receive a lot of them. They will quite loyal to the Spanish throne, and hostile to American filibuster and exspantion.

Think Catherine the Great was instrumental in bringing in the Volga Germans - they may go to Poland-Lithuania and USA in TTL.

Agree on the Spanish points.

I get the idea of a Revolution in Mexico and filibustering into Texas but is the USA going to enforce the Neutrality Act of 1794 to assess Congress rights of declaration of war seen in the shadows of the Slavery War that needed allies to carry off or is the US considering itself ready for another go at New Spain in say 1812?

Valdemar II

Banned
I think 1812 is to early, it need time to get control over the new areas (they're bigger than Frnace), pay the war-dept and the population is tired of war. If USA try again in 1812 alone the Spanish will crush them like a empty beercan. Beside that in case of revolutions in the new world, not a sure thing without European inspiration, and the occupation of Spain, it going to fight a much stronger Spain than in OTL.

Last edited:
I think 1812 is to early, it need time to get control over the new areas (they're bigger than Frnace), pay the war-dept and the population is tired of war. If USA try again in 1812 alone the Spanish will crush them like a empty beerbottle. Beside that in case of revolutions in the new world, not a sure thing without European inspiration, and the occupation of Spain, it going to fight a much stronger Spain than in OTL.

But Spain will be distracted by events in southern Europe! :D

And there is no Embargo or Non-intercourse Acts in TTL.

Last edited: