U.S. of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Well first of all, for someone to become the King or Queen of the United Kingdom, they must be a Protestant belonging to the Church of England, otherwise they cannot become head of the Church of England which is a prerequisite to becoming the Monarch.

Second of all, the United Kingdom is a Constitutional Monarchy. The Monarchy excercises no real power, and it certainly doesn't have the authority to convert the country to Islam, only Parliament can do that, and before you ask, they won't do that.

Lastly, the United Kingdom has been a Christian nation for more than 1000 years. Any attempt to convert the country to Islam will be met by much resistance and rebellion, I can guarantee you that. Anyone who tries to introduce Islam as the official state religion would be promptly overthrown, killed, stoned to death or sent on a one-way trip to the Sun.

In short, it's not going to happen.

Condottiero said:
WI Prince Charles Converted to Islam and became head of the United Sultanate of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/1199

The implications for kingship are also profound.
Sultan simply means one who holds power - I assume it has no religious significance in Islam, unlike Christian kingship.
Of course he would still have heredity and force as a basis for kingship.
I think, though am not sure that he might automatically be excluding himself under the terms of the Act of Settlement 1702.

Could a situation like the one that the French are living "facilitate" the transition?
There are statistics that more people in the U.K. attend to mosques than to anglican churches? Just suppose that the rest of the legal british stucture is kept...

Are there muslims in any of the chambers of representatives (Commons, Lords...)

Condottiero said:
Could a situation like the one that the French are living "facilitate" the transition?
There are statistics that more people in the U.K. attend to mosques than to anglican churches? Just suppose that the rest of the legal british stucture is kept...

Are there muslims in any of the chambers of representatives (Commons, Lords...)
Thats just because our immigrants from muslim countrys remain pretty religious whilst the general population is generally more athiest. We are not all converting to Islam.
I'd be suprised if there wasn't some muslims in the commons, there are majority muslim seats after all. Doubt it for the lords yet.

Floid said:
Anyone who tries to introduce Islam as the official state religion would be promptly overthrown, killed, stoned to death or sent on a one-way trip to the Sun.

No. They would simply be laughed at, derided and then ignored.

Remember in the UK for the recent immigrant muslims and their children there is a lot of social pressure to attend mosque, lets see what the figures look like in another 20 years.