Trying to Please Everyone: Or Converting multiple Pop Culture Utopias into a Timeline.

Demon Slayer was OTL pitched to Shonen Jump in 2013 but rejected. It was called Kagarigari, but ITTL would be translated as Demon Killer, which is closer to the later reworked titled Demon Killing Blade which then changed to Demon Slayer. The pilot manga had a lot of elements that would carry over with the protagonist looking like Giyu but with Tanjiro’s scar and sense of smell and missing an arm(which led to the concept getting rejected as the editor didn’t like the idea of a one armed demon slayer.there is a taboo of sorts when depicting one armed people(for example future Gohan has both arms in video games even when he is supposed to lose one, but one armed swordsmen have existed in anime and film before). The Nezuko character is introduced later but takes on a similar role. Demon Killer is published in Sienen Jump which was created for darker series usually gore that Shonen Jump would normally not touch. Berserk and Attack on Titan are Sienen Jump ITTL(Attack on Titan was actually pitched basically as know it to Shonen Jump but rejected OTL). Because it was accepted earlier, the manga ran from 2013 to 2018. The Anime started in 2017 because by then the Manga was wrapping up and ITTL anime adaptations tend to wait until a work is finished if it’s serialized or have the author onboard to approve changes. While OTL it’s still running ITTL it may have finished already. The manga did the unthinkable and eclipsed long runner Romance Dawn(OTL’s One Piece), in sales in 2018 for the first time in years only to then end due to wrapping up the story. Also the success of an earlier series with a similar premise(Tezuka’s Dororo) actually helped the series ITTL. Since decades had passed, Demon Killer was seen as a spiritual successor rather than a remake or ripoff.

That tends to be how I feel while writing or researching. I used to do improv so I think I picked up a way of talking in an exaggerated way from that. I read somewhere that Thomas Jefferson was actually quite shy in person in contrast to how passionate his writing tended to be.
Do you have a threadmark about romance dawn in the works? How soon can you post it?

Do you have a threadmark about romance dawn in the works? How soon can you post it?
After the next post( 1997 in Anime) it's getting its own dedicated chapter with some major changes to the storyline. An Anime Adaptation will begin in 1998 based on an OTL OVA that ITTL is instead A full series.

After the next post( 1997 in Anime) it's getting its own dedicated chapter with some major changes to the storyline. An Anime Adaptation will begin in 1998 based on an OTL OVA that ITTL is instead A full series.

Cool. Hey you mentioned a few times that horioshi was doing a x men manga instead of my hero academia, when are we gonna see that?

My plan was to reach 1999 in anime, do a recap page and then switch to comics, going up to 1999 and then repeat. I could keep going to current year covering anime if people would prefer that. I’d cover My Hero Academia a lot sooner since I mention it if it was an anime OTL not if it was one ITTL.

My plan was to reach 1999 in anime, do a recap page and then switch to comics, going up to 1999 and then repeat. I could keep going to current year covering anime if people would prefer that. I’d cover My Hero Academia a lot sooner since I mention it if it was an anime OTL not if it was one ITTL.
I can’t wait to see how Spirited Away is handled in 1997!

Haven't you pretty muched covered comics in general from dc, marvel, image and everything?

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T!!!!!!! I like it just the way it is! I Don't want it erased just to wait for bits and parts of what was once there!
So far all old stuff has remained intact and just been expanded and what's been changed was originally largely the same as OTL.You're not losing anything.

Also after OJ Simpson died I did write up some notes I thought id share:
I might as well respond to this post since I didn’t immediately the first time I saw it.

- serial killer Glenn Edward Rogers was living near OJ and Nicole and it’s possible ITTL he broke in and a fight resulted in his death and that of OJ’s.
-Cut out a bad taste joke about OJ dying by being beaten to a pulp.
Huh, the more you know. Does OJ get help with his mental health before his death? And will end up happening to Nicole and Ron?

-Norm McDonald needs a new punching bag since he now outlives OJ.
Will Norm McDonald still pass away in 2021 from cancer?

- an idea proposed by the Detailer was Bill Cosby making a run for it and that mirroring OJ’s run for it. If so this would be around 1965.
Ah yes I remember this! I originally imagined it still happening in 1994, but I guess 1965 makes the most sense since it will be the first time when Cosby will be exposed. Also I just realised that this will take place almost 30 years earlier during the time of the Watts riots and William H. Parker being the police chief of the LAPD instead of Daryl Gates, which means that TTL’s equivalent of the 1992 Los Angeles riots and the OJ Simpsons trial could happen earlier in 1965-1966, but with the verdict being guilty instead of not guilty.

- ITTL an actor playing the Lone Ranger in a then recent film was in costume with a horse when a police car chase went by. He got on the horse and rode after the criminal and actually succeeded in stopping them by smashing the window and pulling the driver out. The Police reports naturally mention a “white bronco”. It’s possible either Christopher Reeves or Patrick Wayne do this as they were up for the Lone Ranger role. Reeves is known to have ridden horses.
Oh cool! I assume Christopher Reeves doesn’t get into that horse-riding accident that left him paralysed and that he lives much longer as a result? And oh yeah I remember you mentioning Patrick Wayne a while ago in an earlier post.

I might as well respond to this post since I didn’t immediately the first time I saw it.

Huh, the more you know. Does OJ get help with his mental health before his death? And will end up happening to Nicole and Ron?
First covering OJ. His father would not die of AIDS in 1986. In fact his father was gay and ITTL him being born at all could be butterflied since his father wouldn’t be as required to hide it but he did divorce OJ’s mother in 1952 and may have discovered it about himself later. OJ likely joined the military ITTL while OTL a childhood friend being injured in the conflict dissuaded him. Another interesting butterfly is he actually threatened to leave football in 1968 if the manager of the buffalo Bills didn’t agree to pay him more. ITTL he did move to acting though OTL he still balances acting and playing football, which I’m inclined to keep as he broke several records. His first film would be 1973’s Why? Which was unfinished OTL. The Naked Gun Movies could actually happen much earlier as the creators wanted to do films, but here I’ll say Police Squad gets more seasons which butterfly away the films and OJ's role as a result. Simpson is then killed by a serial killer while Nicole and Ron are away. The two later marry. OTL they were stated to be friends. OJ Simpsons' last project Frogmen(An A-Team style tv series made with Warner Bros about Navy special forces dubbed Frogmen due to wearing wet suits during operations) would air around the year's Super Bowl while OTL it was pulled.
Will Norm McDonald still pass away in 2021 from cancer?
He possibly lives longer. I don't have solid plans for him. Family Guy has two counterparts in Larry & Steve on Adult Swim and The Flintstones reboot and MCDonald likely plays roles there. He won Celebrity Who Wants to be a Millionaire(OTL he lost due to listening to host Regis Philbin). In 2012, he had a TBS show called Norm McDonald is Trending(mocking Social Media). He would become the host of the Late Late Show around 2014(OTL it was James Corden). He had a special Titled Norm McDonald: Nothing Special which was a success(Posthumous OTL)(OTL he was one of two people the Smiling Friends crew wanted to appear in the Halloween Episode. It would have either been him or Dan Ackroyd. ITTL that show's equivalent. Little Helpers. Had Dan Ackroyd appear, trying to sell Crystal Skull Vodka to the audience).
Ah yes I remember this! I originally imagined it still happening in 1994, but I guess 1965 makes the most sense since it will be the first time when Cosby will be exposed. Also I just realised that this will take place almost 30 years earlier during the time of the Watts riots and William H. Parker being the police chief of the LAPD instead of Daryl Gates, which means that TTL’s equivalent of the 1992 Los Angeles riots and the OJ Simpsons trial could happen earlier in 1965-1966, but with the verdict being guilty instead of not guilty.
I'm planning on keeping Parker around(OTL he considered becoming a lawyer and was scratched by a bullet during the invasion of Normandy), but he also had an impact on Pop Culture, including possibly inspiring Mr.Spock, L.A. Confidential and Gangster Squad based on his time as Police Chief, and sponsoring the Thin Blue Line and Dragnet to be authentic. He also made the Police Less corrupt. Segregation ITTL would not existed due to Wilson not being President. The Rodney King Riots might not happen ITTL largely due to the Police responsible being arrested.
Oh cool! I assume Christopher Reeves doesn’t get into that horse-riding accident that left him paralysed and that he lives much longer as a result? And oh yeah I remember you mentioning Patrick Wayne a while ago in an earlier post.
Reeves doesn't suffer the OTL accident but he might also not be Superman. Patrick Wayne was considered and if he becomes Superman then Reeves could become the Lone Ranger(possibly. OTL the Lone Ranger was based on Bass Reeves who was black and that might be maintained in actor portrayals).

First covering OJ. His father would not die of AIDS in 1986. In fact his father was gay and ITTL him being born at all could be butterflied since his father wouldn’t be as required to hide it but he did divorce OJ’s mother in 1952 and may have discovered it about himself later.
Oh! Interesting. Yeah that is an interesting PoD that would nip the Juice’s entire life in the bud. And America being more LGBT friendly earlier on is overall a good thing. Will homosexually be decriminalised and same sex marriage legalised earlier?

OJ likely joined the military ITTL while OTL a childhood friend being injured in the conflict dissuaded him.
Yeah I could see that considering what he did.

Another interesting butterfly is he actually threatened to leave football in 1968 if the manager of the buffalo Bills didn’t agree to pay him more.
Oh, so before he became famous in football?

ITTL he did move to acting though OTL he still balances acting and playing football, which I’m inclined to keep as he broke several records. His first film would be 1973’s Why? Which was unfinished OTL. The Naked Gun Movies could actually happen much earlier as the creators wanted to do films, but here I’ll say Police Squad gets more seasons which butterfly away the films and OJ's role as a result.
Nice stuff, I did know about OJ Simpson being in movies thanks to somebody else on this website mentioning it and posting a video in the Personal Pop Culture Utopia thread.

Simpson is then killed by a serial killer while Nicole and Ron are away.
Killing two birds with one stone, if you will…

The two later marry. OTL they were stated to be friends.
That’s nice. In the Nintendo SNES timeline by RySenkari and Nivek OJ murders Nicole before committing suicide on the same night, with Ron later going on to star in the first season of Survivor and found a successful restaurant chain.

OJ Simpsons' last project Frogmen(An A-Team style tv series made with Warner Bros about Navy special forces dubbed Frogmen due to wearing wet suits during operations) would air around the year's Super Bowl while OTL it was pulled.
Interesting.

He possibly lives longer. I don't have solid plans for him. Family Guy has two counterparts in Larry & Steve on Adult Swim and The Flintstones reboot and MCDonald likely plays roles there. He won Celebrity Who Wants to be a Millionaire(OTL he lost due to listening to host Regis Philbin). In 2012, he had a TBS show called Norm McDonald is Trending(mocking Social Media).
Good stuff.

He would become the host of the Late Late Show around 2014(OTL it was James Corden)
A major improvement!

He had a special Titled Norm McDonald: Nothing Special which was a success(Posthumous OTL)(OTL he was one of two people the Smiling Friends crew wanted to appear in the Halloween Episode. It would have either been him or Dan Ackroyd. ITTL that show's equivalent. Little Helpers. Had Dan Ackroyd appear, trying to sell Crystal Skull Vodka to the audience).
Oh cool! What’s Little Helpers like? Does it premiere in 2020?

I'm planning on keeping Parker around(OTL he considered becoming a lawyer and was scratched by a bullet during the invasion of Normandy), but he also had an impact on Pop Culture, including possibly inspiring Mr.Spock, L.A. Confidential and Gangster Squad based on his time as Police Chief, and sponsoring the Thin Blue Line and Dragnet to be authentic. He also made the Police Less corrupt. Segregation ITTL would not existed due to Wilson not being President. The Rodney King Riots might not happen ITTL largely due to the Police responsible being arrested.
Oh yeah, I learned about all that on his Wikipedia page. I could still imagine that with African Americans being more respected and less powerless ITTL he could get into trouble for something related to his racist tendencies.

Reeves doesn't suffer the OTL accident but he might also not be Superman. Patrick Wayne was considered and if he becomes Superman then Reeves could become the Lone Ranger(possibly. OTL the Lone Ranger was based on Bass Reeves who was black and that might be maintained in actor portrayals).
Interesting. A shame about Reeves not playing Superman, but it’s not that severe IMO.

Also, since they were involved in the case IOTL, what happens to Johnnie Cochran and Mark Fuhrman ITTL? Do they do anything of notice?

Oh! Interesting. Yeah that is an interesting PoD that would nip the Juice’s entire life in the bud. And America being more LGBT friendly earlier on is overall a good thing. Will homosexually be decriminalised and same sex marriage legalised earlier?
Yes. Not certain exactly when however. Would be ironic if J Edgar Hoover had a hand in it.
Yeah I could see that considering what he did.

Oh, so before he became famous in football?
He played football and has records before that but mostly college
Nice stuff, I did know about OJ Simpson being in movies thanks to somebody else on this website mentioning it and posting a video in the Personal Pop Culture Utopia thread.
He never really had any big roles and was always a side character.
Killing two birds with one stone, if you will…

That’s nice. In the Nintendo SNES timeline by RySenkari and Nivek OJ murders Nicole before committing suicide on the same night, with Ron later going on to star in the first season of Survivor and found a successful restaurant chain.
And in Kentucky Fried Politics Nicole kills OJ.
Interesting.

Good stuff.

A major improvement!

Oh cool! What’s Little Helpers like? Does it premiere in 2020?
It could though it doesn’t seem to have been delayed by Covid. There’s a different and bigger cast including Mike Stolaska being a recurring voice actor and some guests stars they wanted to get like Dan Ackroyd and Christian Weston Chandler(phone in his lines from a mental hospital).
Oh yeah, I learned about all that on his Wikipedia page. I could still imagine that with African Americans being more respected and less powerless ITTL he could get into trouble for something related to his racist tendencies.

Interesting. A shame about Reeves not playing Superman, but it’s not that severe IMO.

Also, since they were involved in the case IOTL, what happens to Johnnie Cochran and Mark Fuhrman ITTL? Do they do anything of notice?
Cochran remains a pretty popular lawyer known for defending celebrities but will also defend those who can’t afford him. His most famous client would probably be Tupac who is known to have had gang connections but remained a popular musician surviving his OTL death. Fuhrman would likely remain a cop longer with some signs of racism before retiring.