These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

wuIXsHO.jpeg
I was/ would be rooting for Sápmi, I think the Nordic community could keep them alive on a ventilator but it's very interesting and unusual to see a storyline where a country actually changes their minds. Like imagine Adams and the Federalists sending envoys to London to start talks about a reunification (say the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and the United States) or at least some kind of aristocratic republic/ proto commonwealth realm.

I was/ would be rooting for Sápmi, I think the Nordic community could keep them alive on a ventilator but it's very interesting and unusual to see a storyline where a country actually changes their minds. Like imagine Adams and the Federalists sending envoys to London to start talks about a reunification (say the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and the United States) or at least some kind of aristocratic republic/ proto commonwealth realm.
It's certainly a novel concept!
I'd also wonder whether Sapmi's downfall may have something to do with their neighbor's desire to see them fail...

Nothing too out of the ordinary, though I'm amazed that German isn't on that list. I reckon it's at #16, since in terms of native speakers, it should be at around 69 million (adding together the various German-speaking states in Central and Western Europe; I did include Luxembourg and Switzerland though, and I do know that the Prussian Rhineland still has a significant French-speaking population), and it's probably still a language studied by quite a few people. Though this 69 million people could be lower if Low German is more popular in the smaller North German states (based on the social media post we have seen coming out of Prussia, High German seems to be the norm there), though even then they'd still probably learn High German as a language.

Nothing too out of the ordinary, though I'm amazed that German isn't on that list. I reckon it's at #16, since in terms of native speakers, it should be at around 69 million (adding together the various German-speaking states in Central and Western Europe; I did include Luxembourg and Switzerland though, and I do know that the Prussian Rhineland still has a significant French-speaking population), and it's probably still a language studied by quite a few people. Though this 69 million people could be lower if Low German is more popular in the smaller North German states (based on the social media post we have seen coming out of Prussia, High German seems to be the norm there), though even then they'd still probably learn High German as a language.
I think your guess here may be correct. I may be misremembering here, but the lower number may also be because many foreigners seeking to learn conversational German learn the Lower variety due to Hannover's personal union with the British Empire opening some avenues for its cultural influence.