These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

2024-World-Map.png
Damn, what happened near Basrah? That's more water than I think is normally there

What was the timeline for climate change in this timeline? When did things get really urgent and how long was the process of land loss due to rising ocean levels? There should be more desertification too and frequent heat waves that make whole regions uninhabitable for humans, animals, and crops

btw what happened to the people who declared independence for Texas and Louisiana?
The Republic of Louisiana was going really swell until Napoleon deserted the cause taking his Imperial Guard with him, and combined with anemic British support the cause collapsed fairly quickly. Louisiana was de-recognized in the later Treaty of Lisbon with the United States. Texan independence never really got any steam and collapsed even quicker then Louisiana.

Last edited:
Climate change has induced sea level rise, to the point Iraq couldn't really stop the area from flooding.
Maybe this is just me coping, but I don't think the flooding would be that bad unless parts of Iraq and Vietnam suddenly started subsiding. Plus Micronesia and Tuvalu miraculously appear to be intact.

Great map - especially interested in the Italian states, given some earlier tidbits about (northern) Italy being conservative to a frightening degree; Corsica/Sardinia would be interesting, too.

What do "closed city", "hero city" and "independent political entity" mean in this context?
Ashley can talk more on the subject, but essentially, a closed city is a city with limited passage for reasons of national security, a hero city is like a regular city, but one with a recognized role in a former conflict, and an "independent political entity" is essentially what it says on the tin--an independent indigenous political entity, recognized by the U.S. as a separate country. Other countries? Not so much.