These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Philippine King?

A member of the Japanese Nobility, but not the House of Yamato. He is known as King Kaito (海斗).

Presumably Japan decided to install a king in the Philippines along with their occupation force

This is correct. A member of the Japanese Nobility has been brought to the Philippines (Luzon) and established a new civilian government through a mixture of previous regime forces and anti-regime advocates.

Ah right… a Japanese intervention… very interesting.

I always forget there is a lot of lore on discord that we don’t see :coldsweat:

Not... entirely. The discord server gets the same content that gets posted here. The only thing missing from here is that there is a large contingent of other people who perform analysis on the articles and pick apart details in the sidebars, where a lot of the information is.

Again, the same content is in both places.

I am pretty sure Japanese military intervention in the Philippines has been mentioned in the thread before.

I am not certain if ever directly, but on the sidebar of news posts at least.

Yeah, on the sidebar of news posts. No article or event was posted specifically detailing it.

wait what happened in France?

See my next post.

Do the people of Luxembourg wish to rejoin France?

This is a complicated question. The people of Luxembourg primarily speak French, despite government efforts to encourage Luxembourgish as a primary language. Attempts to install a new language have overall been a failure. The present crisis stems from a legislative election which saw the pro-French unification party win a majority. A military coup deposed the democratically elected government in favour of hardline nationalists, who began to jail unification activists. The French military responded with an invasion of Luxembourg to "respect the will of the people."

The side story about the shopping trolleys is honestly either too funny or a good example of reality being very stupid.

Truth is stranger than fiction, but I like to keep it equal sometimes.

2023 French coup d'état (Connectr Thread)
XWqFbWX.png

Bonaparte coups the rightful government because he's all weepy about Luxemburg? May the party of Republican Memory of 1789 ARREST and EXECUTE this TRAITOR.

Bonaparte coups the rightful government because he's all weepy about Luxemburg? May the party of Republican Memory of 1789 ARREST and EXECUTE this TRAITOR.
I also think some monarchists would head to England to enjoy their famous Huge Suspicious-Looking Sausages in Scarlet Pimpernel Sauce.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
A member of the Japanese Nobility, but not the House of Yamato. He is known as King Kaito (海斗).

This is correct. A member of the Japanese Nobility has been brought to the Philippines (Luzon) and established a new civilian government through a mixture of previous regime forces and anti-regime advocates.

Not... entirely. The discord server gets the same content that gets posted here. The only thing missing from here is that there is a large contingent of other people who perform analysis on the articles and pick apart details in the sidebars, where a lot of the information is.

Again, the same content is in both places.

Yeah, on the sidebar of news posts. No article or event was posted specifically detailing it.

Thanks for clarifying, love your content as always!!

I didn't necessarily mean content, but the analysis is a lot of what I miss out on here in the forum, but thanks for clarifying.

What info do we have on the formation of Germany?
Of what we know, Germany arose against French and Austrian despotism in the late 1930s, an insurrection fueled by the sense that for too long Germany had been used as a plaything for outside powers. This is a general theme, though, and one can say that it would be more accurate to classify the Revolt as initially more a collection of insurgencies rather than a unified movement; the temporary recreation of an independent Bavaria was not lead by the same stripe of people as the ousting of the Hapsburgs from Vienna. A shared belief among the revolutionaries was aversion to excess of centralized powers, and so after the insurgency reached in impasse against Prussian forces, an association of cantons, cities, and various other states was formed to consolidate and facilitate Germany's prosperity and Germany's freedom.

Botswana is a commonwealth of the British Empire

I believe that is also their extent in OTL, before the Brits beat them in the Boer Wars.
I just arrived and i demand some info ,so Vaalia does Apartheid,of course its a boer state...how is the demographics of Natal,is it white majority?,Monopotapa survived......why is everyone worried about a Mozambique military intervention..is it some local power or something

As a Black African i always feel uncomfortable just reading scenarios in which whites are just unstoppable force who act with impunity on Africa dunno why...

Last edited:
I just arrived and i demand some info
I am happy to answer what I can, with the asterisk that I am not the author of the TL, and that my knowledge is limited and may be incorrectly recalled.
,so Vaalia does Apartheid,of course its a boer state...how is the demographics of Natal,is it white majority?
According to the author, Natal is 47% white.
,Monopotapa survived......why is everyone worried about a Mozambique military intervention..is it some local power or something
From what we gathered during this period, there were concerns that the Niassan invasion of the rogue Boer states could expand into a wider regional conflict, echoing previous wars in the area, and that Mozambique's involvement could cause a domino effect. The war is long over, though, with Niassa resuming legally-recognized authority over the land of the entities formerly known as Grootmyn and Kafuestroom.
As a Black African i always feel uncomfortable just reading scenarios in which whites are just unstoppable force who act with impunity on Africa dunno why...
TFS is a world where European--and other White--powers continue to hold a strong hand in political affairs, but imperialism rarely goes unchallenged, and there are plenty of nations who have been able to evade colonization and become powers in their own right. Direct annexation is an anomaly, rather than the rule.

Last edited:
I feel like they would mention the fact that the House of Delegates in the British Empire has seats that are disproportionately allocated to white countries, for instance. Java if I remember has 50 million more people than Canada but Canada has more than two and a half times the seats and I dunno that seems pretty racist to me