The Cast of Watchmen Movie, with pictures

Oh ho, why not link to the source?

Ozymandias is the only guy who's costume bothers me. He's got nipple guards on it, like in those Batman movies from a decade ago. PLASTIC NIPPLE GUARDS. Ought to have stayed closer to the comic's look with him. Nite Owl to a lesser degree concerns me. He's more Batman-y in that pic, when the character was more based off the Blue Beetle.

Other than that, it's all good.

Looks decent. I'll se how it actually turns out before I watch it, though (like with Golden Compass -- I originally was all gung-ho about that one too, and then it turned out to be crap. I mean, how can you drop the last two chapters of the book? Especially those last two chapters?)

Looks decent. I'll se how it actually turns out before I watch it, though (like with Golden Compass -- I originally was all gung-ho about that one too, and then it turned out to be crap. I mean, how can you drop the last two chapters of the book? Especially those last two chapters?)

To fit them into the start of the next film?

I've not read the book, but as a film, as a visual and aural spectacle and great film storytelling, I loved [The film version of Northern Lights which I refuse to call by it's infidel name].

To fit them into the start of the next film?

I've not read the book, but as a film, as a visual and aural spectacle and great film storytelling, I loved [The film version of Northern Lights which I refuse to call by it's infidel name].

But that changes it from a book with one hell of a :eek:wham:eek: ending and logical start to the second book into a movie with an OK ending and the most WTF opening to the second movie.

Indeed, but it's all about the censorship. The event in question would have smacked the film up from a PG to a 12 (or Kiddie to Teen or whatever the US ratings are). To the industry scumbags busy counting all the money, this is like hamstinging yourself and letting all the Harry Potters and Disney crap run past you (yes, they considered this film as in the same genre as those :|).

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I would say take the film on it's own merits and not let the money-men's machinations ruin it for you (

Not too sure about Blue Beetle.Think Silk Specte's costume is too updated.Do not remember if the original SS's costume was this way.Comedian is OK.Why the mask?His original costume looked an awful Captain America-ish.

Overall, I like the costumes. I am a little uncertain about Ozymandias’, but he’s still got that creepy “Colin-Farrell-is-Alexander-the-Great” vibe, which he already had in the book.

Goldstein

Banned
I have a growing worry about this movie. Looking the set photos in the warnerbros site, I noticed that they show normal 1980's cars, not the weird electric ones. Now I see the promotional pics... and there is no trace of Dr Manhattan.

I suppose you know where i'm going with this, but I still hope being wrong. If not, I will never see it, not even if I lived a thousand years :(

Overall, I like the costumes. I am a little uncertain about Ozymandias’, but he’s still got that creepy “Colin-Farrell-is-Alexander-the-Great” vibe, which he already had in the book.

Well is forteress of Doom look darker so I guess having him wear a golden/pinkish costume would have been weird :D

Silk Specter remind of something coming of the 70's which kinda fit if you ask me

He -billy Crudup will be made "blue" and other things through FX.There was a report by someone on the official movie site who said when Dr M was in on a TV interview it was Crudup who had some devices on his head.I think when you see the film you will see him as in the book.The CGI effects will be added in.

On the other hand, either the movie site or Comics2Film site had pictures of scenes in the film that are dead on from the book like the newstand and the East Indian restaurant.

Not too sure about Blue Beetle.Think Silk Specte's costume is too updated.Do not remember if the original SS's costume was this way.Comedian is OK.Why the mask?His original costume looked an awful Captain America-ish.
The Comedian always had a mask in the comic. Here's a picture from wikipedia:

Comediancomic.jpg

And the Silk Spectre doesn't look too different from the comic either, here's how her costume looked:

Laurie_Jupeczyk.jpg

The Comedian always had a mask in the comic. Here's a picture from wikipedia:

And the Silk Spectre doesn't look too different from the comic either, here's how her costume looked:

Well he must refer to the gimp mask he wore in his later years

Ozymandias does not bother me that much, because he would dress like that being that he is less of a hero than a marketing campaign. He would be a parody of a superhero, trying to sell himself to the public while making sure his hair looks great. Think lead singer of a poseur nu-metal or emo band.

Silk Spectre is all right too, because she is for all intents and purposes a stripper masquerading as a superhero. Which is what that costume brings to mind. The fact that she looks like your Catwoman/Elektra movie versions is half the fun, if it is done right. She's a little girl lost, dressed like a whore, because that is how her mommy got attention and because that is how she thinks the world works.

Rorschach is also good in the shabby worn down way. This guy tries, he really does. But he is low rent, so he would look like that.

Comedian looks great too.

Nite Owl also make sense. Nite Owl is a geek who grew up wanting to be a hero. He was so pathetic that he didn't even come up with his own idea, just took up the mantle of a retiring hero. Came up with goofy little toys and tried to hang with the big guys. He can't even get it up, unless he pretends he is somebody else. He would be the guy dressed like Batman from "Batman Forever"... actually strike that, he'd be Robin from "Batman Forever". Trying to project toughness and failing miserably at it.

All in all, the update they did to costumes makes sense.

Ibn Warraq

Banned
I always thought Watchmen made more sense as a miniseries than as a two-hour movie. There's just way too much ground to cover.