Some Questions about a Balkanized USA

So, like the title says, I have some questions.

I know a balkanized USA has been done to death but I'm just doing this for fun so don't crucify me. My POD is June, 1788 when the Constitution is not adopted due to a failure to draft a Bill of Rights effectively. Three months later the Federal Government has lost all control and the states pretty much become their own nations.

1st: Who gets Vermont? It was claimed by both New York and New Hampshire until 1791.

2nd: Does Georgia recieve all claims reaching to the Mississippi? If they can hold them from the Spanish?

3rd: What happens with the North-West? Conneticut has a claim on the Western Reserve at this time but they have no land-route to protect it. Is it pretty much Virginia and Pennsylvania rushing to take the North-West?

Thanks for your help!

1) Vermont fights for its own independence.
2) Don't think Georgia had the population at the time to do so.
3) Conneticut gets sacked by Pennsylvania, which in turn looses to Virginia. Virginia would be the big player, and I can see wars fought over that piece of land.

1) Vermont's struggle wouldn't last long. My bet is on New York intimidating new Hampshire and snatching the state.
2) Georgia probably won't be able to fend off the Spanish throughout the westernmost territories, though I do think that they would be able to hold onto Alabama.
3) Yes, I would put mmy money on Virginia and Pennsylvania emerging on top.

I think that you would see some kind of economic based-union in the New England States, with a slightly larger, powerful New York. They would both be more worried about Britain swooping down from Canada and would probably protect each other incase of an invasion and squabble about everything else.

Next, you would have New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware; each maritime states focused on keeping good relations with Pennsylvania, Virginia, and in NJ's case, New York.

Pennsylvania will expand into Ohio, but how much farther they go depends on British involvment.

Virginia will have the easiest expansion, sheltered by neighboring states, and will probably extend all of the way to the Mississippi. It would be one of the strongest states with an agricultural economy.

Considering how poor North Carolina was, they probably won't see much expansion. Instead, they will probably focus on currying favor with South Carolina. The two of them may eventually use the same currency.

South Carolina won't see any territorial expansion, however, they will be a wealthy farming state and a major southern power.

Georgia's expansion depends on what the Spaniards and the Cherokees do.

Two interesting factors are the Napoleonic wars and the Indian Nations. The first would probably give the fledgling states time to settle in and begin expanding. The second is even more intriguing. You could potentially see a Cherokee Nation forming in North Georgia and Tennessee. If that was successful, then they could potentially block the expansion of Georgia and North Carolina, giving the more west-ward tribes time to expand. I wonder how much effort the British would put into regaining their colonies.

What happens to Delaware and Maryland? Are they absorbed by larger states? Does Pennsylvania annex New Jersey?

Besides South Carolina, what other states have poor economies? Would Virginia be able to wrestle all of the North-West from Pennsylvania in one war?

Who was on the good side of the British? And of the French?

Wolfpaw

Banned
Vermont: It fights for its independence and, after a brief and bloody war, is divided between New York and New Hampshire. Both have to contend with a low-level insurgency.

Connecticut: Divided between New York and New England

New Jersey: Divided between Pennsylvania and New York

New England: Becomes a commonwealth encompassing OTLs Maine, Massachusetts, (a somewhat bigger) New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and part of Connecticut.

The Carolinas: Eventually unite and become strong regional power

Virginia: Expands a good deal. Probably not all the way to the Mississippi, but probably a bit more into eastern Kentucky and Tennessee.

Georgia: Becomes a very interesting phenomenon due to the high number of Native Americans within its territories. Perhaps it evolves into and serves as a model for states where Native Americans and Whites can live in harmony.

Maryland: Hard to say. Maybe carved up between Pennsylvania and Virginia. More likely remains a sort of buffer state.

Delaware: Probably left alone unless Pennsylvania or Virginia or Maryland really want a bit more coastline, even if it isn't really all that valuable.

The West: Go figure! Chances are you'll get an independent Deseret. California and Texas will probably break off at some point, too.