Not promising anything, however I hope over the next few months that I will be able to do a few new things with this timeline, as I am quite proud of a lot of its contents. Still there remains work to do, changes to make. I wish to retcon a few things, expand upon figures that never appeared, address countries that I didn't really touch upon.

Last edited:
Absalom Robertson
1612051489300.png

Absalom Willis Robertson (May 27, 1887-June 15, 1938) was a Democratic politician who most notably served as congressman for Virginia’s 7th congressional district. Representing the conservative branch of his party, Robertson one of the commonwealth’s most vocal opponents of desegregation. However, his most famous and lasting impact on American politics was the Pittman–Robertson Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act, which funded public programs to pressure the nation’s wildlife through taxes on firearms and ammunition.

Robertson died in an automobile accident on June 15, 1938. He had been running for reelection, and was succeeded by fellow Democrat William T. Paxton. Pat Robertson (March 22 1930-June 15, 1938), the congressman’s son also died in the incident. Who knows where the boy’s life would’ve taken had he not perished at such a young age?

View attachment 621114

Absalom Willis Robertson (May 27, 1887-June 15, 1938) was a Democratic politician who most notably served as congressman for Virginia’s 7th congressional district. Representing the conservative branch of his party, Robertson one of the commonwealth’s most vocal opponents of desegregation. However, his most famous and lasting impact on American politics was the Pittman–Robertson Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act, which funded public programs to pressure the nation’s wildlife through taxes on firearms and ammunition.

Robertson died in an automobile accident on June 15, 1938. He had been running for reelection, and was succeeded by fellow Democrat William T. Paxton. Pat Robertson (March 22 1930-June 15, 1938), the congressman’s son also died in the incident. Who knows where the boy’s life would’ve taken had he not perished at such a young age?
ISWYDT

Sometimes you’re the powerful car cruising down the highway, but most of us are just the dead bugs on the windshield wiper.
“One of the defining world events of the early 21st century was the SARS outbreak. Originating in microbat populations in Yunnan Province, the virus leaped over to humans sometime in the early 2000s. SARS, being extremely contagious and having an unusually high mortality rate for a virus, (around 10% of infections resulted in death), devastated the world from around 2002 to 2009. By the time the WHO had realized the catastrophic implications of what had occurred, the virus had spread from Southern China to Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Delhi, Sydney, and Melbourne from travelers on commercial airline flights. In total 12 million people would die, the vast majority in Asia, making it the deadliest disease related event since the Spanish Flu. The political effects these events had on the global economy would be extreme…”
The strange fact that in a March 2019 post for a silly alt-history TL I envisioned a corona virus originating in China bringing society to her knees in a 21st century pandemic, has and will never be lost on me.

Maybe there’s still time for us to invade Spain...

ITT:L, does a certain flu-like malady originating from a certain city in a certain East Asian country exist?
If you mean SARS, then yes it serves as the sequel to the Spanish Flu here.
If you mean Covid-19, then no, as it never makes the leap from pangolins to primates.

Last edited:
Eva Duarte Buñuel
Eva Duarte Buñuel was an Argentine-Mexican film actress. Born to Basque parents, Duarte grew up in poverty in Argentina. Running away from home in her late teens, she made it across the continent and into Mexico to peruse a career in acting in the country's growing Hispanic film production market. Duarte found mild success, but it was not until meeting surrealist director Luis Buñuel and becoming his muse in a string of films in the 1940s that she received her highest acclaim. Marrying the director in 1949, Duarte Buñuel soon was diagnosed with advanced cancer, forcing her into a very early retirement. She died in 1953 at her husband's side in Mexico City at age 33.

1616458134114.png

Eva Duarte Buñuel was an Argentine-Mexican film actress. Born to Basque parents, Duarte grew up in poverty in Argentina. Running away from home in her late teens, she made it across the continent and into Mexico to peruse a career in acting in the country's growing Hispanic film production market. Duarte found mild success, but it was not until meeting surrealist director Luis Buñuel and becoming his muse in a string of films in the 1940s that she received her highest acclaim. Marrying the director in 1949, Duarte Buñuel soon was diagnosed with advanced cancer, forcing her into a very early retirement. She died in 1953 at her husband's side in Mexico City at age 33.

View attachment 635520

TTL, people are like "WI: President Eva Duarte".

They'd be like "ASB, haw haw!"

“Attempting to replicate Mussolini’s March of Rome, The Beer Hall Putsch was not nearly as successful. As Adolf Hitler, the event’s leader proclaimed, “Either the German revolution begins tonight or we will all be dead by dawn!” It was Hitler’s unorganized thinking that lead to his own death. The rebels, listless and bored, began to march to nowhere in particular when they were struck by government soldiers. Hitler was shot dead, sources are unclear by exactly whom, and another key Putsch organizer Max Erwin von Scheubner-Richter would be wounded critically, but survive.

The following trials would gather media attention throughout Europe, but it would take a few years before the Nazi movement would reform again. Many of the key participants of the failed coup would have large roles in the future German Empire. Chief among them, of course, would be future Chancellor Alfred Rosenberg, one of the Putsch’s critical planners, and fellow ideologies Hans Frank, Hermann Göring, Rudolf Hess, Heinrich Himmler, and Julius Streicher.”

-Excerpt from The Continent of Blood: The History of War, Authoritarianism, and Terrorism in 20th Century Europe

View attachment 360385

“Indeed, sometimes I ponder if those events nearly three decades ago had gone differently that I would not be such a miserable predicament. May those who find out what I am about to do forgive me. - February 3, 1951”

-Excerpt from The Diaries of Joseph Goebbels

View attachment 360386

Vonnegut: “And furthermore, I must admit Mr. Rosenberg that your work is quite miscalculated. Jew this, Jew that. You miss the mark ludicrously. I suggest you read Kilgore Trout’s “The Protocols of the Elders of Tralfamadore”. Then I think a few things will be illuminated for you.”

Rosenberg: “*Sigh*… Mr. Vonnegut, you have done nothing in this interview but insult me. You clearly have no understanding of my ideology. I am through of your opinions! Of your desire to ignore the man behind the curtain! I will not stoop to this level! You do not come back here unless you understand The Myth of The Twentieth Century."

Vonnegut: “Oh, I understand perfectly. The true myth of the twentieth century was this idea that anything was going to work out okay for anybody. That we could get through without violence, and if we did have to use violence it would always be righteous. But Mr. Rosenberg, I am afraid I can’t even give you the doubt of following that advice and not unleashing untold death in the modern age. You aren’t even unique in that regard.”

-Excerpt from the fiction book, Jack’s Kevorkian’s Daylight by Kurt Vonnegut, 2000

View attachment 360387
Post-war Europe circa 1953:

5ov0vCv.png

The major differences to our 1950s are:

No break-up of Germany into West and East as, upon the insistence of Stassen, Attlee and de Gaulle, the Western Allies would occupy the entirety of the reconstruction zone. Moscow's use of biological weapons had raised grave concerns in the west of Soviets potentially committing war crimes against German Civilians in occupied territory, though the Soviets would keep control of all land the Slavs had won back over Germany before Berlin's surrender.

Italy is neutral and continues to be under fascist rule, as does Albania.

Yugoslavia has warmer relations to the Soviet Union, despite the differences in ideology between Tito and Molotov, and is considered a major European ally to the Soviets.

Portugal is neutral.

Finland is under control of the communists as the Soviets won the Winter War.

Sweden is an ally of the West rather than being neutral. This is because it shares a large oceanic border with a Soviet ally.
It's unlikely in the scenario you've described that the border between Germany & Poland would be the Oder-Neisse line as it was in OTL. With the alliance with the Soviet Union, the WAllies, mainly the British & US had to make 1 of 3 bad choices because Stalin wanted to retain that part of Poland he captured in 1939.
1. Insist on the pre-1939 borders which would have resulted in war with the Soviet Union.
2. Sell out the Poles by restricting them to the area the Nazis took in 1939.
3. Compensate the Poles by moving the border West and turning a blind eye to the subsequent War Crime/Massive Ethnic Cleansing of Germans from the East.
The WAllies chose no 3, but are unlikely to have done so without Eastern Europe full of Soviet troops.

It's unlikely in the scenario you've described that the border between Germany & Poland would be the Oder-Neisse line as it was in OTL. With the alliance with the Soviet Union, the WAllies, mainly the British & US had to make 1 of 3 bad choices because Stalin wanted to retain that part of Poland he captured in 1939.
1. Insist on the pre-1939 borders which would have resulted in war with the Soviet Union.
2. Sell out the Poles by restricting them to the area the Nazis took in 1939.
3. Compensate the Poles by moving the border West and turning a blind eye to the subsequent War Crime/Massive Ethnic Cleansing of Germans from the East.
The WAllies chose no 3, but are unlikely to have done so without Eastern Europe full of Soviet troops.
Check out the replies on page 18, there have been retcons.

Check out the replies on page 18, there have been retcons.
I'm hoping to do some more retcons in the future. Not just for factual accuracy, but there are a few pop cultural references and allusions in the dialogue that are a tad cringe for me now. Rosenberg says and does a few things that I think are... inauthentic.

Right-Click
South Africa has announced today that they will be transitioning to become the world’s first NFT-based economy.

“NFTs are the ultimate form of currency for the white master race,” Prime Minister Elon Musk has stated. “Banks and paper currency will soon be irrelevant, so we won’t have to sorry about blacks robbing us. And a Jew can never steal a NFT no matter how hard he tries even with the world’s toughest supercomputer!”

“Corporations will assign the public their own randomly selected NFT from birth, with additional ones being buyable through MuskCoin. Before you know it, you will be gifting your landlord with a Lazy Lion or a few Bored Apes as a form of rent payment. Though some products like food will only be purchasable through certain NFTs, so as always, you’ll have to work hard to own that well-deserved hearty continental breakfast!”

Musk has been criticized for other strange proposals, such as claiming that Mars is “inherently South African land. It is our destiny to colonize the red planet and establish a glorious white ethnostate.”

More concerningly has been South Africa’s tensions with Katanga. Katangan dictator Gédéon Kyungu and Musk have exchanged sharp words and threats of destruction over the past few months. As both states are nuclear powers, there is great fear that soon all of Africa could turn into a radioactive wasteland. Other African nations have attempted to negotiate peace between the two, but it appears to be an extremely fragile balance.

Musk has been criticized for other strange proposals, such as claiming that Mars is “inherently South African land. It is our destiny to colonize the red planet and establish a glorious white ethnostate.”
Ah, some things never change.