Does anyone have a map about how timezones in a (surviving) Tsarist/non-Communist Russia could have potentially looked like?

Thanks in advance!
this 1917 timezone map of the world seems to indicate that the russian empire had not implemented timezones based on the worldwide standard. There are no reason to think that a surviving Tsarist Russia would *not* have adopted the same timezones as the USSR. IF you want something different, maybe just have half-hours zone (as exist OTL) applied to governates which overlap some worldwide hour-based timezones.

standard time zone chart of world 1917

Can someone change the color of this flag to green, whose shade is like in the CoA of the Archdiocese of Zamboanga?
994px-Burgundy_merchant_1762.svg.png

this 1917 timezone map of the world seems to indicate that the russian empire had not implemented timezones based on the worldwide standard. There are no reason to think that a surviving Tsarist Russia would *not* have adopted the same timezones as the USSR. IF you want something different, maybe just have half-hours zone (as exist OTL) applied to governates which overlap some worldwide hour-based timezones.

standard time zone chart of world 1917
Should Russia retain the Baltics and not fall into economic isolation, the considerations for timezones could also be quite different, imo. This is especially the case if Petrograd remains the capital, since the system would be based on its local time, instead of Moscow's.

Petrograd geographically falls into the GMT+2 zone, which would probably be adopted there. Finland, the Baltics, Belorussia and Ukraine would also adopt this time, but what about Moscow? The city is pretty much right at the geographic border of GMT+2 and GMT+3, either time could be adopted. GMT+2 would have the advantage of Moscow being on the same time as the regions mentioned above, while GMT+3's advantage would be Moscow being on the same time as the Caucasus and most of European Russia East from the city.

So which time would Moscow adopt? How would that influence the other time zones? These are the questions that inspired my request.

Should Russia retain the Baltics and not fall into economic isolation, the considerations for timezones could also be quite different, imo. This is especially the case if Petrograd remains the capital, since the system would be based on its local time, instead of Moscow's.

Petrograd geographically falls into the GMT+2 zone, which would probably be adopted there. Finland, the Baltics, Belorussia and Ukraine would also adopt this time, but what about Moscow? The city is pretty much right at the geographic border of GMT+2 and GMT+3, either time could be adopted. GMT+2 would have the advantage of Moscow being on the same time as the regions mentioned above, while GMT+3's advantage would be Moscow being on the same time as the Caucasus and most of European Russia East from the city.

So which time would Moscow adopt? How would that influence the other time zones? These are the questions that inspired my request.
In my own opinion, if the capital of your Russian Empire is in a "half hour" time zone then, to me, it encourages half-hours timezones throughout the empire.

Hello everyone, I am back for another request. I'm currently working on a timeline over in the flag thread about the Cult War of the 2040s and I need help creating an insignia for a fictional military unit known as Task Force Pale Horse. I was hoping to get a circular emblem with the task force name around a white horse head with some kind of skeletal motif, which I will leave up to you what that is. I will of course give credit when I include it in the post.

Thanks!
I ended up coming up with a design that ditches the skeletal motif, however could someone insert some curved text that says Task Force Pale Horse on the right side in the same red. Paint 3d doesn't give the option to curve text. Thanks
Task Force Pale Horse Insignia.png

I need a bit of help with making a map of the Americas for my TL. The South gains its independence, but is constrained to the Nueces River, Mexico still controls California, Quebec and the Metis are independent while Canada ceases to exist, Peru and Bolivia are one country, Gran Colombia is a thing, and Paraguay and Peru-Bolivia expanded into Argentina. Also, I haven't dealt with the Mapuche yet, so maybe Chile gets their territory in Patagonia. :p

Last edited:
Deglaciated_Antarctic_Topography.png

Source: Wikimedia and Great White South
Can I ask anyone for a big favor, please? Can anyone possessing a higher expertise/skill convert or make this deglaciated version of the Antarctica map more friendly to the Robinson projection and WorldA?
In addition to what @Gokbay posted above, @rvbomally posted this 5½ years ago:
After a few hours of fiddling on Gprojector and outlining on MS Paint, I have successfully transferred this Green Antarctica map onto worlda. Now you can add the Tslal to any timeline! Make them fight the Draka or something.

View attachment 309904

Could anyone here please convert this map from a QBAM to an 8K-BAM? Its for a little passion project of mine, and I'm terrible at making QBAMs to 8K-BAMS so yeah I'll need some help for this one.

1667200710039.png

is there a basemap project similar to WorldA or Qbam but in a conical projection for just europe? like a europe focused raster basemap in a conical projection? if no, how would i go about starting a project like that?

For some time now I have been toying with the mental image of a “Tree of Crowns” as the heraldic device of some High Kingdom and would greatly appreciate the help of some experts when it comes to refining the basic concept into a more polished design.

The basic notion is for a tree (possibly an apple tree, based on an old tradition associated with the Battle of Hastings) with either shields bearing heraldic devices and/or crowns on it’s branches OR with three crowns about the trunk (the three crowns are an homage to Arthurian legend, specifically to the attributed arms of King Arthur himself).

At this point I’m not sure whether or not to place the three crowns in the branches and another, larger crown about the trunk or whether to place three shields in the branches while a single crown encircles the trunk.

My basic idea is to use the heraldic tree as a symbolic allusion to the distinguished family tree which has produced a High King (effectively turning several realms into one monarchy,Habsburg-style), but am not sure what the most visually elegant way to achieve this would be.

May I please ask your thoughts?

For some time now I have been toying with the mental image of a “Tree of Crowns” as the heraldic device of some High Kingdom and would greatly appreciate the help of some experts when it comes to refining the basic concept into a more polished design.

The basic notion is for a tree (possibly an apple tree, based on an old tradition associated with the Battle of Hastings) with either shields bearing heraldic devices and/or crowns on it’s branches OR with three crowns about the trunk (the three crowns are an homage to Arthurian legend, specifically to the attributed arms of King Arthur himself).

At this point I’m not sure whether or not to place the three crowns in the branches and another, larger crown about the trunk or whether to place three shields in the branches while a single crown encircles the trunk.

My basic idea is to use the heraldic tree as a symbolic allusion to the distinguished family tree which has produced a High King (effectively turning several realms into one monarchy,Habsburg-style), but am not sure what the most visually elegant way to achieve this would be.

May I please ask your thoughts?
Not a bad concept, but it would probably have a lot of small pieces that would be hard to see.

Doesn't mean it can't happen but...