Nazi colonies

Say after WW I for some reason the Germans are allowed to keep their colonies. How would things have turned out for the Nazis, and more specifically for the people in Namibia, Tangynika etc. And how would the war have been different (more manpower expended in Africa kicking the Nazis out of the abovementioned colonies possibly). I know the idea is probably a non-starter but I thought I'd ask the question.

Germany had colonies in East Africa so I suppose they could set up U-boat bases there before ww2 to attack into the indian ocean and close the suez canal.Not very likely though.

Thande

Donor
By the end of WW1, the Allies had already conquered all of the German colonies except Tanganyika - which Britain most wanted because it was needed for the Cape-to-Cairo railway - so it's hard to see how Germany could retain any colonies.

Susano

Banned
By the end of WW1, the Allies had already conquered all of the German colonies except Tanganyika - which Britain most wanted because it was needed for the Cape-to-Cairo railway - so it's hard to see how Germany could retain any colonies.

Do I need to say it? Lettow-Vorbeck, of course. Hes an AH cliche anyways :D
No seriously, if Germany can keep its coloneis that means it wasnt beaten so badly that such extremist revanchist thought could get a hold, I would say.

What Susano said.
The only way for Germany to keep colonies is its deafeat isn't utterly embarassing.
Which was of course the excuse the nazis used to get the people to support them.

Do I need to say it? Lettow-Vorbeck, of course. Hes an AH cliche anyways :D
No seriously, if Germany can keep its coloneis that means it wasnt beaten so badly that such extremist revanchist thought could get a hold, I would say.

Which means that, under Lettow-Vorbeck, if a second war still happens, Germany might actually have a chance at winning.

The coolest thing would have been if a Lettow-Vorbeck-type run the colony as a anti-nazi.

I think I once read a timeline where Lettow- Vorbeck stayed in East Africa when Germany surrendered, and fought a war successful of independance against the British Emprie. It was quite an interesting timeline.

But going back to the Nazis and colonies, what if Germany had deafeated Britain in 1940, and regained it's former colonies? What would the consequences have been, for the war, and the native people in the colonies?

Well, maybe with a much closer Nazi presence in Namibia, the anti-British Boer nationalists could have a stronger hand during the WWII yrs ?

Would any Nazi-controlled remaining German colonies in Africa poss have been used as focal points for the Final Solution or systematic atrocities against the local ppl ?

Well, maybe with a much closer Nazi presence in Namibia, the anti-British Boer nationalists could have a stronger hand during the WWII yrs ?

Would any Nazi-controlled remaining German colonies in Africa poss have been used as focal points for the Final Solution or systematic atrocities against the local ppl ?

If the black African population of any German African colony was to be exterminated, it would be that of Namibia. Such campaigns would be too difficult logistically in the other colonies. Furthermore, the Nazis could probably come up with propaganda justifying the acceptance of those communities, even if said populations are descriminated against rather than exterminated or treated equally to Germans. Although, the dynamics of Tanganyika would be the most complicated due to its ethnic diversity.