Maximum alteration of technology in any of these years

Straha

Banned
so what is the maximum possible amount of technological change(whether positive or negative) that you think could happen to a wolrd diverging in any of those years?

1890\

1775 - The French develop the very first version of the Machine gun and add it to their army.
That sounds ASB to me. How'd they be able to develop it that quickly? I know they once had a faulty field pice which could sometimes shoot a large hail of bullets all at once, but the jump from that to even a gatling gun seems a tad much for 1775.

I know that it seems ASB. But the fact is that in OTL, the development of the very first version of the machine gun was in 1718.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_Gun

I think that this only needs a more interested king.

TBH, there's a fine line between advancing technology and going a step too far. The Puckle gun might've worked, and indeed it did fire quickly, but how would reloading it have gone? Was it man-portable? Did it jam easily? Was it cheap?

TBH, there's a fine line between advancing technology and going a step too far. The Puckle gun might've worked, and indeed it did fire quickly, but how would reloading it have gone? Was it man-portable? Did it jam easily? Was it cheap?
Mind you, in 1775 it'd've had 57 years to improve upon, if given proper funding and support.

But why the French? Which country has the most fascination with technology (military technology, fine) during the late Enlightenment? I would think the Dutch or Italians would be better suited to refining such a device.