Map Thread XXII

Hungary isn't a stretch given the POD and even OTL's heavy development of finance and banking by the Templars. Portugal isn't a stretch at all given they were the nation most tied to the Templars in OTL. Even after the Templars were condemned, in Portugal they basically just changed their name and continued business relatively unscathed at the local level.
I suppose I am a bit uncertain about what is meant by "administering".

FAD784B8-A8D5-4F84-BEBA-502F0297E54F.jpeg

From the same TL as the Vinland and Haudenosaunee scenarios I did a while back. The Empire of Anahuac(Imperiyah Anahuacoyotl) is a country in Hesperia. It has an ancient history dating back to the Bronze Age Olmec civilization. The Ancient Mayan civilization, which has a similar place in Mesohesperian culture that the Greeks and Romans do in the west, occupied much of Anahuac’s southern jungles, which even today are majority Maya. Mexico’s modern history begins after the Maya collapse with the migration of Nahua tribes into the Valley of Mexico. One of these Nahua tribes, the Mexica, settled around the city of Tenochtitlan, and began expanding throughout Mesohesperia until they had defeated most of their enemies, including their bitter rival, the Purepecha Kingdom. The Mexica became a fairly typical gunpowder empire, conquering the technologically inferior Chichimeca tribes to their north and the disorganized Maya states to their south.

The Mexica then went into decline, until they were forcibly reopened in the late Nineteenth Century by the Anglo-French Empire. The Mexica Empire rebranded itself as the Empire of Anahuac under the reformist Emperor Cuitlahuac II. Cuitlahuac, an admirer of western culture and bitter enemy of the entrenched priest class, enacted a series of religious reforms intended to reduce the priests’ power(and increase his own). The most drastic of these practices was the criminalization of the age-old practice of human sacrifice. Among Cuitlahuac’s other reforms were the creation of a democratically-elected Parliament and building a modernized military. During the First Continental War, Anahuac joined the coalition against the Anglo-French Empire, and surprised the world with its military gains. Tlalmac Teuitaca, an Anahuacan general from the First Continental War considered a national hero, lead the growing militarist faction to victory in the following elections, and established a highly nationalistic, highly militaristic, Pan-Hesperianist dictatorship that wished to establish Anahuac as the beating heart of the Western Hemisphere.

Under Teuitaca’s reign, Anahuac would again emerge victorious in the Second Continental War. Today, Anahuac is a global superpower with influence throughout the world. It is a one-party state, ruled by the Teuitacaist National Salvation Party. Anahuac is engaged in an ongoing geopolitical struggle with the Russian Republic known as the Silent War. Anahuac is also known for its cultural heritage, including the religion of Teotism[1], the internationally popular sport of ollamaliztli, and the country’s rich artistic heritage. The temples and canals of Tenochtitlan are internationally famous. At the same time, the country’s belligerent foreign policy and domestic repression have won it many enemies on the global stage.

[1]From Nahuatl teotl, variously meaning god or the cosmic principle of duality

Speaking of Christóforos Kolómvos' Journey, heres how that turned out c. 1580View attachment 880453
CnsV Spread of the Hellenic Peoples .png

Timeline for the Spread of the Hellenic Peoples.
Greeks broke off from the greater Indo-Aryan group sometime around 2200-1900 BC when it reached the Balkan Peninsula. The Greeks became one of the first colonizing peoples, and expanded across the Mediterranean Sea, rivaling the Carthaginians along the way. It was during this time that the Iberian, Gallic, and Italic Greeks came into existence. Sadly, the Greeks of Corsica, Sardinia, and Cyrenaica would not survive entities like Carthage and Rome. The Next Expansion was in the opposite direction, when Alexander the Great conquered all of Persia and parts of India. Though these places would be barely populated with Greeks at first, they would see rapid growth after the death of Alexander, as they saw criminals and other refugees from the homeland settle to find a fresh start for their families. These related in the Ptolemaic, Seleucid, Bactrian and Indic Greeks. While Seleucia and Bactria found success, Ptolemia and India would struggle the Arab and native Hindu populations respectively. Upon the collapse of the Visigothic Kingdom, the Iberian Greeks would rebel and successfully conquer parts of Iberia from them and the Mauretanian Empire. These Iberian Greek States would go on to make the first exploration into Vespuchia, and spread across them, taking over Mexiko, Eirinikóa, Kolomvia, and Ándeisea. The Second Colonization Period was by far the biggest, but it would not stop there. The Third Colonization Period would see Nótia Afrikí, Néa Kýpros, Madagaskári, Kefláni, Aegeadea, The Kommenines, and Formóza settled by the Greeks, some seeing more success than others. They would also make an attempt at colonizing Australisia, but were driven out by Lusitania. During this time, the Indic Greeks were forced to migrate out of their homeland by the Marathian Emperor, and settled in the nearby Andhra region of the Cuideachta Ghailís Thoir India, a Trade Company run by Ghalis.

the_obsequorians_by_spiritswriter123_dgp0des-fullview.jpg

The Obsequorians (Arabic: ۘالِإسْلَام, al-ʾIslām, lit. “Submission” [to the will of God], also known as the Muhammadans) are a religious group originating in Arabia in the 600s. Although commonly believed by Evandrians to be a branch of non-Trinitarian Christianity, they’re insistent that they’re actually not Christian at all, but a separate religion.

While most Evandrians associate the Obsequorians with Malaynesia, as previously mentioned, it was founded in Arabia by their prophet Muhammad, hence the alternative name of Muhammadism. After his death, the Obsequorians established a Republic (or Caliphate) that still exists to this day.

The Obsequorians spent the first couple centuries confined to Arabia. In the 10th century, the religion started to spread via Arabian merchants, particularly in the Indian Ocean, where they were very prolific. In particular the three places that converted the most were East Africa, the west coast of the Indian Subcontinent, and Malaynesia, where more than half of the world’s Obsequorians live today.

~~~~~-----~~~~~
Follow up to the Turkish Republic map I posted the other day. In this world, Islam failed to break out of the Arabic Peninsula, but still spread through the Indian Ocean. Without the Arab conquest of the Middle East and North Africa, it never becomes seen as the great enemy of the European Christian world, and is even seen as a weird heretical Christian offshoot in the western world, although Muslims are quick to correct this misconception.

Obsequor is Latin for "to submit," so it's a Latin translation of the Arabic word al-Islam.

Analysis of Race CAN be history. As presented in the post in Question?

Not so much.
Reguarding stories set in the time when Racial belives were more common, even the truely wrong ones like segregation, opression and slavery or such, can we portray that in chapters or map form if it is driven by the narritive, not our own belive and not the same as OTL, in essence mostly poking fun at the overall absurdidity of the idea that seperating mankind is a truely looney mind set?

I was hoping it was more historical analysis and not like current events
I think it's fair to call it "political" rather than "historical" (at least as a distinction made for the purposes of moderating an online forum) when what you're doing is depicting current notions of race. Those are obviously a product of history but the thing you're describing is (mostly) in the present, not the past.

the_obsequorians_by_spiritswriter123_dgp0des-fullview.jpg

The Obsequorians (Arabic: ۘالِإسْلَام, al-ʾIslām, lit. “Submission” [to the will of God], also known as the Muhammadans) are a religious group originating in Arabia in the 600s. Although commonly believed by Evandrians to be a branch of non-Trinitarian Christianity, they’re insistent that they’re actually not Christian at all, but a separate religion.

While most Evandrians associate the Obsequorians with Malaynesia, as previously mentioned, it was founded in Arabia by their prophet Muhammad, hence the alternative name of Muhammadism. After his death, the Obsequorians established a Republic (or Caliphate) that still exists to this day.

The Obsequorians spent the first couple centuries confined to Arabia. In the 10th century, the religion started to spread via Arabian merchants, particularly in the Indian Ocean, where they were very prolific. In particular the three places that converted the most were East Africa, the west coast of the Indian Subcontinent, and Malaynesia, where more than half of the world’s Obsequorians live today.

~~~~~-----~~~~~
Follow up to the Turkish Republic map I posted the other day. In this world, Islam failed to break out of the Arabic Peninsula, but still spread through the Indian Ocean. Without the Arab conquest of the Middle East and North Africa, it never becomes seen as the great enemy of the European Christian world, and is even seen as a weird heretical Christian offshoot in the western world, although Muslims are quick to correct this misconception.

Obsequor is Latin for "to submit," so it's a Latin translation of the Arabic word al-Islam.
Fuck, Obsequorians is such a good alt Latin term for Islam. Like, I'm almost kind of mad I didn't think of this for my own late antique/early medieval timeline

View attachment 880515
Timeline for the Spread of the Hellenic Peoples.
Greeks broke off from the greater Indo-Aryan group sometime around 2200-1900 BC when it reached the Balkan Peninsula. The Greeks became one of the first colonizing peoples, and expanded across the Mediterranean Sea, rivaling the Carthaginians along the way. It was during this time that the Iberian, Gallic, and Italic Greeks came into existence. Sadly, the Greeks of Corsica, Sardinia, and Cyrenaica would not survive entities like Carthage and Rome. The Next Expansion was in the opposite direction, when Alexander the Great conquered all of Persia and parts of India. Though these places would be barely populated with Greeks at first, they would see rapid growth after the death of Alexander, as they saw criminals and other refugees from the homeland settle to find a fresh start for their families. These related in the Ptolemaic, Seleucid, Bactrian and Indic Greeks. While Seleucia and Bactria found success, Ptolemia and India would struggle the Arab and native Hindu populations respectively. Upon the collapse of the Visigothic Kingdom, the Iberian Greeks would rebel and successfully conquer parts of Iberia from them and the Mauretanian Empire. These Iberian Greek States would go on to make the first exploration into Vespuchia, and spread across them, taking over Mexiko, Eirinikóa, Kolomvia, and Ándeisea. The Second Colonization Period was by far the biggest, but it would not stop there. The Third Colonization Period would see Nótia Afrikí, Néa Kýpros, Madagaskári, Kefláni, Aegeadea, The Kommenines, and Formóza settled by the Greeks, some seeing more success than others. They would also make an attempt at colonizing Australisia, but were driven out by Lusitania. During this time, the Indic Greeks were forced to migrate out of their homeland by the Marathian Emperor, and settled in the nearby Andhra region of the Cuideachta Ghailís Thoir India, a Trade Company run by Ghalis.
If you're going to be doing more with this setting, could you make a religious map at some point? This all seems really interesting, it reminds me a lot of the old Lux Invicta mod for CK2.

Bantustans, Republic of South Africa [Greater South Africa], Library of Congress (1983)​

bantustans-republic-of-south-africa-greater-south-africa-v0-c83e6eayrfbc1.png

"The Republic of South Africa was formed out of the Union of South Africa, a British Dominion which was the result of the unification of the Cape Colony, Transvaal Colony, the Colony of Natal and Orange River Colony, in 1910, Rhodesia (then known as Southern Rhodesia) joining in 1922 after their white citizens voted for it, and South-West Africa when it was finally annexed as a territory in 1966. Since 1948, a legal system of separation, Apartheid, was applied in the country, ensuring the political, economic and social dominance of the white population (being around the 19% of the total population) over the majority black population. Following this system, from the 1950s onwards, the South African government created territories or Homelands for the black peoples of the country, known as Bantustans, in order to keep black people marginalized and separated from the State institutions. On this map, the different Homelands are shown as they were organized in 1983" - History of Southern Africa, Volume 4.

Fuck, Obsequorians is such a good alt Latin term for Islam. Like, I'm almost kind of mad I didn't think of this for my own late antique/early medieval timeline
I had someone else suggest the name to me. I was originally going to go with "the Submissives," but for... Certain reasons, that might be a bit insensitive to call a real world religion. Instead I'm going to pocket that name for some weird American Puritanical Christian group