Map Thread XXII

Untitled935_20231228154205.png

Hello, everyone! Its been a while, I can’t say my absence has strictly been due to map making or developing the lore, but I’ve been able to put something together for all of you. I decided it would be interesting to do a population density map, so he we are! If you notice any possible mistakes, or have any questions, please tell me! I should be able to answer all of them with relative ease, so ask away.

Just a HUGE thank you to everyone over at the discord for helping me out with this map, it wouldn’t be as nice as it is without their support. Currently, I am working on a list of Prime Ministers, so if you are interested in seeing the process of developing that, come on by. I have a few more maps to be posted, but they need to have some quick edits before I post anything, so stay tuned for that.

This is a great map, it's nice to see people do ATL demography maps.

On a different note, where did you find the basemap and/or is it originally of all of North America?

Untitled935_20231228154205.png

Hello, everyone! Its been a while, I can’t say my absence has strictly been due to map making or developing the lore, but I’ve been able to put something together for all of you. I decided it would be interesting to do a population density map, so he we are! If you notice any possible mistakes, or have any questions, please tell me! I should be able to answer all of them with relative ease, so ask away.

Just a HUGE thank you to everyone over at the discord for helping me out with this map, it wouldn’t be as nice as it is without their support. Currently, I am working on a list of Prime Ministers, so if you are interested in seeing the process of developing that, come on by. I have a few more maps to be posted, but they need to have some quick edits before I post anything, so stay tuned for that.
Awesome, Hamilton-Toronto megacity

Oh my all the numbers and letters! I like it and I don't. Which old thread?

100_years_after.png

In 1919, the guns fell silent across Europe. After a world war against the scourge of leftism and the Cold War against the revanchists engaged in every prejudice imaginable, the world continues to be looped in turmoil. The economies of China, America, and Russia compete to dominate the world. Recently reunified by more moderating revanchists, France has built up a power block with Italy (a now Hapsburg monarchy moving ever farther to the right) to challenge the German hegemony over Europe. The French have even gone so far as to set foot in their old colony of Algeria, occupying the city of Oran in full violation of international law.

While the Islamic Caliphate undergoes a bountiful economic boom, catapulting it into first-world status, radical Islamist insurgencies terrorize Africa and India. The Indian government is a feeble one, and an ambitious warlord has taken up the mantle of leadership in Punjab and is crushing the Islamists with brutal efficacy. Leftist ideas still live in Africa, as revolutionaries led by the Nigerian People's Union have been terrorizing the continent, overthrowing regimes, and invading countries. Even mighty Mittelafrica has a massive chunk of its territory under the Communist yoke.

And then, the villain of history, a nation that has slaughtered tens of millions ruthlessly, the British Empire, still lives, though devoid of a king, on the harsh shores of Newfoundland. The newly formed nation of Canada seeks to unify with its American neighbor. However, the final dominion of the British Empire claiming Canada as its land still lurks, with its nuclear arsenal primed as a warning to any nation who would dare steal its prize.

Europe in 1887 in my current project, aka USA but rng, post the Tunisia War, and less than a decade until the Great World War.
1704081974036.png

a sequel to this, europe in 1910, 10ish years since the end of the Great World War, and 7 years after the end of the Russian Civil War that saw a Paternalist victory (ttl's version of fascism) (also the nations are in ranking of power (ish) this time) (also the pan-slavic colors are white-green-red ittl, so the serbian and ACS flags are retcons)

View attachment 878718
In 1919, the guns fell silent across Europe. After a world war against the scourge of leftism and the Cold War against the revanchists engaged in every prejudice imaginable, the world continues to be looped in turmoil. The economies of China, America, and Russia compete to dominate the world. Recently reunified by more moderating revanchists, France has built up a power block with Italy (a now Hapsburg monarchy moving ever farther to the right) to challenge the German hegemony over Europe. The French have even gone so far as to set foot in their old colony of Algeria, occupying the city of Oran in full violation of international law.

While the Islamic Caliphate undergoes a bountiful economic boom, catapulting it into first-world status, radical Islamist insurgencies terrorize Africa and India. The Indian government is a feeble one, and an ambitious warlord has taken up the mantle of leadership in Punjab and is crushing the Islamists with brutal efficacy. Leftist ideas still live in Africa, as revolutionaries led by the Nigerian People's Union have been terrorizing the continent, overthrowing regimes, and invading countries. Even mighty Mittelafrica has a massive chunk of its territory under the Communist yoke.

And then, the villain of history, a nation that has slaughtered tens of millions ruthlessly, the British Empire, still lives, though devoid of a king, on the harsh shores of Newfoundland. The newly formed nation of Canada seeks to unify with its American neighbor. However, the final dominion of the British Empire claiming Canada as its land still lurks, with its nuclear arsenal primed as a warning to any nation who would dare steal its prize.
Interesting.

I wanna know all the evil shit the British Empire did, it's post WW1 situation and the post WW2? situation in Newfoundland and the British Isles.

Interesting.

I wanna know all the evil shit the British Empire did, it's post WW1 situation and the post WW2? situation in Newfoundland and the British Isles.
I would assume with historiography in this TL not so heavily biased toward the British, AND no Holocaust, the colonial British are firmly the literally Hitler in this TL given all their shit.

A map key i made up for my non-earth Biome Mapping. The Newest changes are the addition of Colors for Lowlands and rivers, and also mentioning water on the key instead of just coloring it on the map.
terrain colors.png

View attachment 878748
a sequel to this, europe in 1910, 10ish years since the end of the Great World War, and 7 years after the end of the Russian Civil War that saw a Paternalist victory (ttl's version of fascism) (also the nations are in ranking of power (ish) this time) (also the pan-slavic colors are white-green-red ittl, so the serbian and ACS flags are retcons)
I love the work on the flags in particular. It's phenomenal.

Are the lowland and highland differences drastic? Like atmospheric pressure, temperament and composition that are lethally different for each other?
Lowlands = Like the netherlands, the Great Rift Valley and other areas of exceptional low elevation.
Highlands = Non-mountainous high elevation areas Like the Scottish Highlands.

Last edited:
turkish_republic_in_the_levant_by_spiritswriter123_dgnpjh0-fullview.jpg

A world in which the Caliph Umar failed to break out of the Arabian Peninsula, leaving Islam stuck in Arabia (although it would later travel via merchants to East Africa and South/South East Asia, and perhaps beyond). Centuries later, the Turks would still arrive in the eastern Mediterranean basin, but now not as Muslims, but as Zoroastrians. Their successor state in the region, the Turkish Republic, is now known for their diversity, but also for their internal divisions, as minorities fight for autonomy, while the Turks fight to keep their state in one piece.

What is happening in the southern part of the country? Which party is that?
No seats.

The 1866 election happened before many Southern states were "fully readmitted"; representatives from several would be readmitted before the 1868 election (I don't know how these people were selected).

By the 1868 election, only Virginia, Texas, and Mississippi still weren't allowed in; and they were admitted by 1870.