Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my (more refined) entry for @CourageousLife's 9th Telephone Map Game! I'm really pleased with this one, not going to lie. Be sure to check out the other entries, since they are really stellar! (and way more similar to each other and far off from mine lol)
dejolzq-8e3de4de-d2b3-406f-a2fd-569fdc4cc989.png
Good map, but RIP the Mediterranean, and probably the world.

View attachment 654964

The Dawn of a New Era

The 19th Century has been full of surprises, from the rise of the Peruvian Empire, to the victory of the Confederacy in the Civil War, all the way to the Italian Unification in 1853. All these achievements, howevers, were like specks of dust compared to the greatest event of the 20th Century so far: the founding of the Organization of Latin Nations.

The OLN was founded in 1902 by Emperor Fernando I de Veracruz, in one of his last acts before his death. Succeeding him is Eliza de Veracruz, his granddaughter, who set forth to stabilize the Empire, and ensure it will stand the test of time. In 1903 most of Latin America had joined the OLN, and by 1904 all Romance-speaking nations had become part of it. The existance of the OLN was a cause of concern for the German and English nations, especially given the Germans still wished to take back Alsace and Lorraine, which had been 'stolen' from them in 1896 by the Franco-Peruvians.

The late 19th Century was characterized by large waves of immigration, the greatest example being Peruvian East Asia. Within these provinces one may find a variety of people from all across the world, from the Chinese native to them, to the Peruvians of the Andes, the Hispanics of Iberia, Britons of England, and even Romanians and Serbians, all of them looking for a better life in the Empire. These waves were so great [1] that the Chinese were forced to either assimilate, of flee to the Qing-controlled territories, leading to the creation of a 'League of Southern Provinces' within the Qing, intent on expelling the Peruvians.

At large, the world is headed towards a great war, as the animosity between the French, Germans, British and Russians is growing more and more. At the same time, the Americans are looking for a way to reclaim their lands, and given that an Anglo-Saxon League is in the works between the British and Germans, they may find it.
I was wondering what happened to the Chinese until I read that this was a Victoria II campaign. Yep, makes sense. That's some crazy pop growth, btw. Did you manage to finish the game?

I was wondering what happened to the Chinese until I read that this was a Victoria II campaign. Yep, makes sense. That's some crazy pop growth, btw. Did you manage to finish the game?
Lol, I stopped at 1910. The TL itself diverges from the game in 1904. So yeah. Next map in the TL will show the more pieces of China that I ate. After all, while the Europoors colonise Africa, I aim for the big prize: China.

A map of the jurisdictions of the Chaldean Catholic Church
View attachment 655449
View on Deviantart
Not related to this one in particular, but I do find it interesting how the one place (well, apart from the Middle East) that all these different branches of Christianity have a bishop is in the USA. I know why that's the case (what with high levels of immigration and so forth) but damn, the USA must have nearly as much Christian diversity than the actual Middle East by this point.

Last edited:
My map from the 9th Telephone Map Game!

dejlgbs-629cda37-a041-4c6d-ae69-2d43bb13ea7c.png

In case I didn't make it obvious, the text accompanying the map has a certain amount of bias. The descendants of the Thai and Malay population might describe a military occupation followed by colonial settlement, and question whether the occupiers were "forced" to live by raiding. The Samrassi would not consider Malay influence a corruption. The author is a devotee of Gangetism, a late 21st century military cult that drove much of the expansion into what would become the Indian Diaspora. Like any religion, it has mellowed out over the centuries, but some Gangetists take it's original hyper-nationalist beliefs very seriously.

Last edited:
A map of the Commune of France in Kaiserreich.
If you made it, there are quite a few errors.
Alasce ? Alsace is the strip that is entirely owned by Germany that includes Strasbourg and Mulhouse.
Either you use the Vosges (mountain range) or you call the region Lorraine.
Argonne ? I suppose it is a thing but it is not something that will be seen as a prominent geographic feature. You may want to replace that with the Ardennes.
The "Maritime Alphs" ? The Maritime Alps only cover the region in the vicinity of Nice. Just call them the Alps.
Legie is not a place, the town is called Liège. Same for The Hague/Den Haag/ La Haye
Similarly, Bearn is a region in the Pyrénées. You must mean Berne/Bern for Switzerland
Same for Nates instead of Nantes, Toulone instead of Toulouse, and Pampolna for Pamplona.

Not related to this one in particular, but I do find it interesting how the one place (well, apart from the Middle East) that all these different branches of Christianity definitely a bishop is in the USA. I know why that's the case (what with high levels of immigration and so forth) but damn, the USA must have nearly as much Christian diversity than the actual Middle East by this point.
I think the US certainly has more. Every Christian denomination that's found in the Middle East can be found in the US, and there are dozens of little Protestant sects/cults you won't find in the Middle East.

Not related to this one in particular, but I do find it interesting how the one place (well, apart from the Middle East) that all these different branches of Christianity definitely a bishop is in the USA. I know why that's the case (what with high levels of immigration and so forth) but damn, the USA must have nearly as much Christian diversity than the actual Middle East by this point.
Because well, USA welcoming immigrants means everyone persecuted anywhere sorta opted to emigrate to US.
And what @Quantum Immortal just said is deeply connected to the fact that the USA was a country which since it's founding had no state religion, meaning once a schism occured there was no authority to force the schismatics back to the fold

If you made it, there are quite a few errors.
Alasce ? Alsace is the strip that is entirely owned by Germany that includes Strasbourg and Mulhouse.
Either you use the Vosges (mountain range) or you call the region Lorraine.
Argonne ? I suppose it is a thing but it is not something that will be seen as a prominent geographic feature. You may want to replace that with the Ardennes.
The "Maritime Alphs" ? The Maritime Alps only cover the region in the vicinity of Nice. Just call them the Alps.
Legie is not a place, the town is called Liège. Same for The Hague/Den Haag/ La Haye
Similarly, Bearn is a region in the Pyrénées. You must mean Berne/Bern for Switzerland
Same for Nates instead of Nantes, Toulone instead of Toulouse, and Pampolna for Pamplona.
So I kinda rushed this map, so I made a lot of spelling mistakes and errors.

Balkanized South Africa 2019.png

I'm going to keep the description short because I don't feel like elaborating too much on this. This map is inspired by me reading up on Margaret Thatcher's foreign policy, especially on South Africa, hence the snappy title I came up with, "The South Africa Thatcher Made". I contemplated making a full world map but honestly the one interesting area would've been southern Africa, so I opted to just make this instead of toiling at a world map which would otherwise look very similar to one from the late 1980s.

My map from the 9th Telephone Map Game!

dejlgbs-629cda37-a041-4c6d-ae69-2d43bb13ea7c.png

In case I didn't make it obvious, the text accompanying the map has a certain amount of bias. The descendants of the Thai and Malay population might describe a military occupation followed by colonial settlement, and question whether the occupiers were "forced" to live by raiding. The Samrassi would not consider Malay influence a corruption. The author is a devotee of Gangetism, a late 21st century military cult that drove much of the expansion into what would become the Indian Diaspora. Like any religion, it has mellowed out over the centuries, but some Gangetists take it's original hyper-nationalist beliefs very seriously.
What happened to the original India?

That is such an interesting map :0
Writeup is concise and informative, great work!
Yeah, with the annotations and the implicature... It kinda works. I didn't feel like collecting sources for specific references, but I'm glad I got something done, and southern Africa always was one of the main points of interests for a Thatcherite Punk scenario, at least in what I imagined. Glad to hear you like it ^^

While normally I'd be against terrorism, considering how much of a colossally stupid idea the Mediterranean dam is, these eco-terrorists might have a point...
They might have a point if they attacked the dam while it was under construction and before sea levels had fallen. By the point shown, blowing the dam probably means killing thousands or tens of thousands of people and certainly immiserating many more who have to flee the flood waters...

Status
Not open for further replies.