Status
Not open for further replies.
Your very welcome. LONG LIVE NEW JERSEY!
newjersey-flag-description.jpg

*a moment of silence, for we lack a national anthem*

In my fascination with Beelok's Planet ISO series. I like show another different version I just thought of hours ago. Instead of entire countries being teleport to planet by alphabetical order. I give you a different one. Instead of countries, its subdivisions (states, provinces, territories, oblasts (which I was too lazy to do sorry), etc.) being teleported to planets with three letters.

Well guys I bring you my first planet I made for this series of mine in honor to Beelok. Planet CNQ

Not completely finished, but I decided to show it because I couldn't wait to share this to you guys. I will show a updated map of it soon when I get the chance.

Interesting. What happened to New York? And how come the world population increased so much in 15 years?

A map I quickly rushed through making. It's a WIP, just like basically every single other of my maps :D

It's very ASB, and it is the universe in which the Empire of Califia resides in. It was very much inspired by the Terra Altier Collaborative Timeline I started, as many of the countries are very similar. A lot of countries began large water relocation projects after the viable technology became avaliable, including Atlantropa and several other projects in North America and stuff. Also, Ireland decided to leave Britain, and said "lol bye britain sry m8 lol", however, the British still own the island, though it is in the middle of the Atlantic. I went with a very monarchist approach in most nations, as famous dynasties currently rule over certain nations. Russia has the Romanovs, Germany has the Habsburg-Hohenzollerns(The two dynasties intermarried to create a super-Germany dynasty), Poland has an elective monarchy, that opened up to the public after a constitutional reform in the 1860s, France has the Capetians, Great Britain has the Tudors, Italy has the Caesar dynasty(After the king of Italy died without an heir in 1890, Italy went into a frenzy trying to get a new leader. A very shady man arrived at the court of Italy, claiming to have a solution. He supposedly took some high generals and other high ranking politicians of the Italian government to an alternate universe, where Augustus Caesar had a son, and they took him back with them to their universe, astonishing everyone. As it was proved he was the son of Augustus due to the many artifacts brought back and the like, everyone immediately began educating him. He was given the throne at 18, and it was a massive ceremony, with many nations in the world arriving.). Almost every single other country is a democratic republic, so far. The canal leading to Lake Sahara is internationally owned territory, with the League of Nations governing it.

(Oh yeah and sorry about Turkey, Greece's size is mostly for compensation for the Byzantines, and the rest is from my Armenian friends who convinced me to add that :p)

Any feedback or questions are encouraged!

MAP LINK HERE
http://imgur.com/a/D79m5

Last edited:
Strangely, I find this harder to wrap my head around than an IOST. I mean think about it, waking up one day to find that the whole world is just... New Jersey.
I think that if I woke up in this world, I know first thing I would do is cry. Because I wouldn't be able to talk to all you guys online.

Jcw3

Banned
upload_2016-7-31_10-33-37.png

Feeling a bit under the weather, so the write-up will be more limited.

Phoebea-Hamilton-Earth-Gaea-Otherworld

*The year is 2125. Hyperloop-equivalents connect all of the five settled worlds, but there are still noticeable discrepancies in power difference now.
*The United States still has its capital in Washington D.C., but the Hamiltonian economy has been larger than the Earther one for a long time.
*The Realized Republic of Colombiana is a rising power on Hamilton. They were formed by conservative-leaning states that thought that the United States was going the wrong way. You can see them in dark gold on the left side of Libertatem. They're settling the northern longcoast on the entryside of Phoebea.
*Phoebea earned its name when the initial expedition leader's daughter died, and he decided to name the world after her. The name stuck.
*Scientists think Phoebea was sliced out from a bigger world and transported to the worldscape. The longcoasts are the remnant of when it was once part of a greater, larger planet, and are steadily collapsing into the sea over the years.
*The emergence of mining colonies, or interior colonies built around large mineral deposits, are becoming more noticeable as scanning technology and tubechutes (hyperloops) become more and more commonplace.
*The United States has fully withdrawn from Earther politics, having annexed Haiti and Liberia, its last remaining client states, and is now solely focused on exploiting the worldscape. It still keeps in touch with Mexico and Brazil, especially in terms of colonizing, but doesn't really talk with the other powers.
*Canada's left the A.C.S., having grown annoyed with the comparative lack of assistance on its preferred side for settlement. Now, it operates in lockstep with America, the two adjusting laws to match each other, and so on. Pundits are talking about unification being possible within twenty years or so.
*Spain is officially under Portuguese influence.
*Brazil is working diplomatic wonders in Africa, and is in sort of an economic cold war with Germany in the area. There hasn't been major armed conflict on Earth for over a century, so no worries there.
*Germany officially goes by the European Union nowadays.
*Britain is now only the seventh largest economy in the A.C.S., after Mysore, Bharat, Rajasthan, Australia, East Africa, and Near Satisia (Far Satisia is rapidly catching up).
*Mag Mell, the smallest and closest of Otherworld's continents, is seeing major settlement by the powers. Indonesia's even staked a claim, officially embracing the A.C.S. A good tradeoff for Canada, London thinks.
*The official power blocs/alliances are...
*The United States, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Ecuador, Uruguay, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Canada, Deseret, New Crete, and the American People's United Republic. This bloc dominates the westworlds almost entirely on their own, and they generally cooperate to the full extent. Thanks to translation software, they're growing closer and closer, but they can't quite agree on how to form a united nation, and aren't sure that they want to.
*The European Union, Italy (States under Italian influence), Russia, Japan, Indochina, and the Ottoman Empire. Nothing much to say here.
*The Association of Commonwealth States, China, Ethiopia, Thailand, Ireland, France, Indonesia, and the Netherlands are the final bloc, and are regularly competing with the Russo-Japanese bloc.
*Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Criticism? All welcome.

Jcw3

Banned
Germans are not a majority in EU even with the smaller area in your map tho. A plurality, yes, but we have enough of Fourth Reich jokes already

You do realize this has a 1900 P.O.D., right? And that Germany has been taking steps to further unite its sphere of influence since then?

EDIT: And that's why they call themselves the European Union nowadays, because they're European cultures united. I don't get your point.

Germans are not a majority in EU even with the smaller area in your map tho. A plurality, yes, but we have enough of Fourth Reich jokes already
On his map? I'm fairly certain they are still a majority, though just barely, if you go by the modern populations of each country.

*Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Criticism? All welcome.
Logistically, if you want to travel quickly between worlds, it would make the most sense to go near one of the poles, and then you could cross many worlds quickly, right? It would take longer to go from Brazil to Brazilian Phoebea along the equators than it would to go from Brazil to Antarctica and then quickly travel to the 10th or even 100th world, depending on how far South you go. Seems like this method would allow individuals, if not countries, to quickly spread out many worlds away.

Jcw3

Banned
Logistically, if you want to travel quickly between worlds, it would make the most sense to go near one of the poles, and then you could cross many worlds quickly, right? It would take longer to go from Brazil to Brazilian Phoebea along the equators than it would to go from Brazil to Antarctica and then quickly travel to the 10th or even 100th world, depending on how far South you go. Seems like this method would allow individuals, if not countries, to quickly spread out many worlds away.

Yeah, that's what they're doing. But colonization and exploitation beyond homesteads on the coast takes a long while. You're only seeing the more developed colonies. But you only get to them through the sides of the earth, not the poles. If you're talking about the southern ocean, then yeah.

Nations typically sponsor regions close to them that they can maintain a naval grasp on. It's more cost-effective to colonize a world close to them than one far. There aren't really any resources on Westworld-10 that they cant get on Westworld-2 or -1.

Did that answer your question?

Phoebea-Hamilton-Earth-Gaea-Otherworld

Just a few questions; wanted to ask if this alliance map was correct. What are Egypt/Ireland up to, if it is? They don't seem to be in a block. It seems that the Ireland may be trying to stay neutral, or is the Westworld Bloc trying to make them another Spain/Portugal? I imagine that Egypt is trying to play both A.C.S. and the Eurasian bloc off of each other, but how long will it be successful as the Suez diminishes in importance.

Polymap Blocs.png

Also, has space exploration taken a lesser or larger role? With so much energy being spent on colonization, it might be put into the backburner for a little while... Though, as other nations finally settle in, they might try and figure out where exactly the are in the universe. Did they manage to stumble on a path to galaxy wide colonization outside of the polyworld, if they are teleported to different planets in different locations? Maybe they can search the stars and attempt to find the other locations.

New Crete looks like it would make a real good capital for a united Westworld, if they unite sometime when Phoebea colonization ends.

Jcw3

Banned
Just a few questions; wanted to ask if this alliance map was correct. What are Egypt/Ireland up to, if it is? They don't seem to be in a block. It seems that the Ireland may be trying to stay neutral, or is the Westworld Bloc trying to make them another Spain/Portugal? I imagine that Egypt is trying to play both A.C.S. and the Eurasian bloc off of each other, but how long will it be successful as the Suez diminishes in importance.

View attachment 282254

Also, has space exploration taken a lesser or larger role? With so much energy being spent on colonization, it might be put into the backburner for a little while... Though, as other nations finally settle in, they might try and figure out where exactly the are in the universe. Did they manage to stumble on a path to galaxy wide colonization outside of the polyworld, if they are teleported to different planets in different locations? Maybe they can search the stars and attempt to find the other locations.

New Crete looks like it would make a real good capital for a united Westworld, if they unite sometime when Phoebea colonization ends.

It's correct. You're spot on when it comes to Ireland, but the Suez Canal has been irrelevant for a while now to the A.C.S. as a whole. Oh, Britain uses it a lot, but they haven't been the big dog in the A.C.S. for ages. The capital just happens to be there. Could just as easily be in Bombay or Nairobi. Egypt is mostly keeping to itself and enjoying the cheap goods. They send a steady stream of immigrants to A.C.S. colonies, since there still is a bit of A.C.S. influence there, but not enough to take away their independence.

The alliance map is correct. Awesome work.

Lesser. There's considered to be zero reason for it. Private landings have occurred on most of the planets in the Hamilton-Earth-Gaea systems, but not really anywhere else. There's a planet in Eastworld-5's system that looks like it bears some form of silicon life, and the A.C.S. is talking with the Eurasians about a joint expedition there for scientific purposes. Why colonize empty space when there are verdant, resource-full worlds that stretch on for infinity?

EDIT: But yes, with space travel, they could find the other worlds without the Earth-based portal system.

It would be, especially as they're moderating in terms of their Christian fundamentalism as the influence from conventional America pours in.

Status
Not open for further replies.