Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comic Sans (much like CurlzMT) is an evil, vile burnable font, suitable only for schoolchildren who have yet to learn the value of fonts with serifs, such as Times New Roman or Palatino (no one loves you Cambria).

As for this map- I've always wanted to make a map on Imperial-era Europe federalising. (Also, in this TL, Hitler doesn't get syphilis, and Munich is avoided, which sort of prevents him getting stuck in prison long enouogh to write about his struggling, which combined sorta stop most of the genocidal, war-starting nonsense). And I have no idea how well I handled that Russian.

map 35.PNG

VT45

Banned
Mostly just twiddling and aimless practice, but I like how clear this map came out, so I'm posting it.

Not enough TLs have alternate ghost stories and creepy legends and haunted towns, so I tried to plot down some of the ones I can remember from OTL. Some didn't have names, like the hometown of Rip van Winkle (here named "Kaatskilwijk"), while others, like Sleepy Hollow, I just didn't want to keep the name of and so used an older or alternate name for the place.

Also added in the Miskatonic River.

Very cool. Two problems, though:

1. Billington's Woods would most likely be farther south, along the Cape. Look for the Billington Sea for a good indicator.

2. The Miskatonic River as you show it would actually be flowing uphill for quite a while. It'd also cross three watersheds. I'd show it running parallel to the Connecticut.

Very good map. The only thing is, I don't think the euio "tea" colouration fits with the modern style of the map. Either use more contemporary-looking fonts and so on, or (my recommendation) don't use the tea, and keep the original colour shades - then it would look like something out of a modern textbook.

I have uploaded the full version onto Deviant Art (photobucket shrinks it :()

This is the older version before the tea spilling incident

http://nymain.deviantart.com/art/1652-Map-130672483

What a simple accidental trip in 1846 could have done to the world. I wish I could say more but I'm running sort on time.

New LTTW map.

New map of a post apocalyptic america.

Sorry for the small picture, but the original is rather large, it would increase loading time of the site considerably. Use this link for a decent view.

I hope you like it.

Crossposting from Red and Gold, the map of the Atjuntja Empire just before European contact. For those interested the drafts are on my page, showcasing some kind of progress.

Thoughts, comments?

Random, huge HRE, French-made map from 1700:

From Stross's "Merchant Princes" series, modified to take some of the Space-Filling Empire Wank out of it. (Sorry, Charlie!)

Bruce

Crosspost from Sold de Austria, a map I did for Maverick's excellent timeline.

Okay, so I decided to rewrite my Western British Empire timeline to make some more drastic changes instead of just subtle changes. Please tell me what you think, especially if it's too unrealistic.

Quality maps

As for this map- I've always wanted to make a map on Imperial-era Europe federalising. (Also, in this TL, Hitler doesn't get syphilis, and Munich is avoided, which sort of prevents him getting stuck in prison long enouogh to write about his struggling, which combined sorta stop most of the genocidal, war-starting nonsense). And I have no idea how well I handled that Russian.

How could a failed Austrian artist become Chancellor in Wilhelmine Germany? It's not as if Hitler was some Captain Awesome who was destined to lead Germany from the moment of his birth, you know.

Also, what on earth is going on with the colonies? The British have stolen Libya from the Italians? What's the Colonial Alliance? It seems to have the Dutch, Belgian, French and Portuguese colonies plus German New Guinea, while the other German colonies are independent? What's going on in Eritrea/Ethiopia/Somalia?

How could a failed Austrian artist become Chancellor in Wilhelmine Germany? It's not as if Hitler was some Captain Awesome who was destined to lead Germany from the moment of his birth, you know.

Also, what on earth is going on with the colonies? The British have stolen Libya from the Italians? What's the Colonial Alliance? It seems to have the Dutch, Belgian, French and Portuguese colonies plus German New Guinea, while the other German colonies are independent? What's going on in Eritrea/Ethiopia/Somalia?

I suppose the Colonial Alliance is a union of semi-autonomous European colonies, still under the substantial control of their mother-countries : sort of Commonwealth, at least since the text implies some sort of connection with Europe ...

What's left of the UK after a super-apocalypse. This thing wipes out civilization for about thousands of years, and now scraps of scoceity are fighting over the smalest scraps of information to be found about civilization.

map 2.png

I always pictured metrolois being there, but quite frankly I like the idea of Gotham City being in South Jersey, even if it is a shit hole haha

Well there have been mix ups over the years, but Metropolis is generaly NYC and Gotham is Chicago and... can't remember what was used for LA x.x

Well there have been mix ups over the years, but Metropolis is generaly NYC and Gotham is Chicago and... can't remember what was used for LA x.x

I thought Metropolis and Gotham were supposed to be right next to New York? "The ugly sisters" is the phrase I heard for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.