Good Father's Legacy

Jean-Jacques-Dessalines.jpg

Mural of Jacques I of Haiti, the first Emperor(1) of the Haitian Empire, and also the last of his line.

Somewhere in the Empire of Haiti
Sometime in 1805

The young Haitian nation were nothing but a disunited mess. With the former slaves of the nation now experiencing the liberty they wanted, the life that they wanted, and the freedom that they longed for. No more living under the white yolk. No more. Now, they are fighting to secure what is their right, and also, what they have achieved. But little that they know, that they are living under a unstable yolk. Living under a emperor who doesnt know the capacity and the capability that the people of Haiti have. Jacques Dessalines, or known as Jacques I, eversince his coronation, is essentially a questionable figure from the very beginning. With a clear grudge towards the white-skinned French people of the island, the very first thing Jaques I pushed a policy of revenge, focused solely on massacring the French residents of the nation. Blood after blood, it was clear that Jacques I only wanted revenge. Not anything.

With the fact that the adminstration under Dessalines was nothing but a mere, repetition of what it was, as Haiti's former history with slavery, with the the former race-based slavery system, now replaced with a class-based quasi-slavery system(2), with the rope becoming more tight each day, as the lower class becoming far more enslaved by the rich, therefore, only repeating what the old French colonialists did to them long ago. As the condition only grew worser each day, each time, the only thing Alexandre Petion, and his rival, Henri Christophe, is to assembly a mob, in order to end the tyrant king's rule. Both men eventually met, and conspires to end the tyrant king's life. Initially putting a date of the plan being put on next year, by Henri's request(3), Dessalines's life is marked for a mere days from the meeting, believing that the Haitian people is in great danger if Dessalines's rule is kept for more than 4 months or more.

There are more than one accounts(4) on how the tyrant king died. Ranging from a ambush, to a mere shooting. Due to the fact that Jacques's body was never been found, the commonly known fact regarding the assassination is that Petion also bribed Henri Christophe's men to kill their leader(5), securing Petion's future rule.
alexandre-petion-.jpg

Black and white potrait of Petion, later coronated as Alexandre I(6), dated unknown.

The future of Haiti, afterwards, is forever changed.

With the king, and a possible contender for the throne and the rulership of the nation is taken out, Alexandre Petion now holds everything.

The good father, now will change Haiti, and even, the world.

Good Father's Legacy
A Audie's Madhouse Story
---------------------------------------------------
Alright. This timeline would not be abandoned like its always been by me, and now, basically, the main premise is simple. What if Alexandre Petion goes in as a benevolent king figure? Simple, isnt it? This timeline will be updated every Monday.
(1).Because there are more than just one...
(2).Yes, just like IRL.
(3).Because we need a exposition on how mad Henri is, right?
(4).Will be explored later.
(5).YES! This is the POD, the big cheese!
(6).Yes.