Geological WI

Diamond

Banned
I found this while randomly Googling, and thought you guys might find it interesting. The author suffers from a profound lack of imagination, assuming geological changes this drastic will leave human history mostly unchanged, but it does draw some interesting conclusions.

Here's the link.

Damn good site.BTW I wonder if the gentleman who wrote an AH about Custer being President and his son being on the side of the Native Americans heard of this?The map in each volume shows a North American geography much different from OTL.Also- in a volume of Years Best SF edited by Judith Merrill there was a nonfact article about a BIG quake in the midwest causing large changes.Don't remember the volume-might have been Vol 8 or 9.

Diamond

Banned
Ed, I know the books you're talking about, but I think the geological/topographical changes in that were caused by a meteor impact. I could be wrong though.

You are right.I seem to recall that some meteor(?) crashed causing the difference.I am going to try and find that Years Best SF with the article reprint.Difference between that and the books is that a BIG earthquake started somewhere in Middle America where a big fault line is supposed to exist.Forgot the name,though.