Double Blind: WI George W. Bush ran for Governor of Texas?

I don't see how this would even be a major issue.

Dubya appears to be a personable fellow and has a record of picking good advisors, but even his own family went with Jeb's run in 2004, and if the guy isn't top choice for the White House in his own family...

All that happens is Governor DeLay has to wait another term or two.

I'm Not So Sure...

Grimm Reaper said:

Dubya appears to be a personable fellow and has a record of picking good advisors, but even his own family went with Jeb's run in 2004, and if the guy isn't top choice for the White House in his own family...

Well does anyone remember the controversial 2004 television interview with 60 Minutes(CBS-TV), wherein he openly admitted his use of cocaine, his addiction to painkillers, and alcoholism until roughly 1999, when he "found God waiting there..."? Based, on that interview, I can hardly see anyone foolish enough to vote for him...

Grimm Reaper said:

Governor Delay???? That man is the most corrupt politician this side of the Rio Grande. Even though they couldn't pin those charges on him, everyone knows he's a wily fox. Too bad Texans can't seem to figure it out. I guess he's a little like Bill Clinton.

Secondly Delay makes Dubya's fundamentalism look igsignificant. I mean, look what he's doing to the illegals down in Texas, and the "Gay Actions" bill he supported. Not someone I want as president.

Mr_ Bondoc said:
Wouldn't this be a terrible idea for the country. Just consider that while he was the manager of theTexas Rangers, the Major League baseball team demanded a the construction of a major baseball stadium in Houston, TX, yet they also happened to be the worst professional team in the major leagues for 5 years straight. Why do you think Michael Jordan ended up playing for them in 1994? It wasn't because he was a great baseball player, but because the team was close to $200 million in debt and needed a gimmick to win fans to the stadium. Also remeber when he testified in 2005 about steroids in the major leagues? Apparently he claimed that players were just taking "special vitamins"....
Yeah the Rangers were so bad in Arlington (near Dallas) that they totally lost the support of the fans and had to move to Houston.

Remeber This One?

emperorharry86 said:
Yeah the Rangers were so bad in Arlington (near Dallas) that they totally lost the support of the fans and had to move to Houston.
I seem to remember one game in particular on ESPN-TV, in 1996, wherein the San Francisco Giants were playing the Rangers wherein things got ugly after a fan threw a bottle of Jim Bean whiskey onto the field hitting Barry Bond. They still play the highlights wherein Bonds jumps into the stands and starts brawling!!