Crusader Kings III

How does the GoT mod do knights?
Apparently, just like the base game but the player character can be made a knight by their liege and remain stationed at the liege's capital. I was playing a monster 60 prowess Lord of Duskendale and I was stationed at King's Landing as a knight for Robert and also taking part as a knight in battles. My character killed so many people as a knight, almost a character per battle.

1. Gregarious (lose stress for talking to people)
2. Diligent (free development)
3. Chaste (I always have too many kids)
4. Just
5. Temperate

Very good options though I would order them differently and remove Just (generates to much stress in events)

1. Diligent
2. Gregarious
3. Temperate
4. Chaste
5. Ambitious

Very good options though I would order them differently and remove Just (generates to much stress in events)

1. Diligent
2. Gregarious
3. Temperate
4. Chaste
5. Ambitious
1. Diligent
2. Just
3.Gregarious
4. Brave (when ya can get it) Temperate when cant.
5. Lustful ( got to have ALL the kids for the bloodline)

While not as bad as Honest Just generates too much stress to be viable imho. It's superficially really attractive but I've never had a Just character that hasn't had a half dozen mental breaks and the maluses from those cancel out the benefit. Certainly compared to other traits.

While not as bad as Honest Just generates too much stress to be viable imho. It's superficially really attractive but I've never had a Just character that hasn't had a half dozen mental breaks and the maluses from those cancel out the benefit. Certainly compared to other traits.
I can see that but it usually works out for me.
then again im not usually the type to assassinate folks I usually just conquer or diplomacy them.

I can see that but it usually works out for me.
then again im not usually the type to assassinate folks I usually just conquer or diplomacy them.

It's not just assassinations, a lot of court events generate stress unless you do something unappetising like giving away land or pissing off a more powerful vassal.

You can be knighted for bravery in battle or tourneys, and also become one by being a squire to someone as a child
do you know the rules on how the squiring works better then me?

I know you can do training periodically in Strategy, Horse Riding, Chivalry, and Fighting but the how and why those works to give good traits escapes me.

do you know the rules on how the squiring works better then me?

I know you can do training periodically in Strategy, Horse Riding, Chivalry, and Fighting but the how and why those works to give good traits escapes me.
i dont think it actually matters, you just fill up a progress bar on every successful training session for your squire achieving knighthood. The system will probably be reworked soon, way too tedious right now

i dont think it actually matters, you just fill up a progress bar on every successful training session for your squire achieving knighthood. The system will probably be reworked soon, way too tedious right now
yeah. my OTHER problem is that paradox keeps crashing. I dont know if I have to many broken items in my computer slowing things down or what. wish I was more computer literate about things like that.

I'm playing with the More Bookmarks+ mod as an Anglo-Saxon king in Anatolia (renamed Anglia) from the 1081 start date and am working on a hybrid culture between Anglo-Saxon and Greek cultures and I'm trying to figure out which heritage I should go with (for RP reasons). I'm currently a vassal of the Romans and I'm Orthodox.

Last edited:
I honestly just want a game where I can live in a premodern setting and enjoy creating a life there, along with courtly politics. Is there an "easy mode" or the like in this game that makes it more of a relaxing experience potentially good for roleplay, or is it just as hard to learn as all the other Paradox games?

They're good games, I just don't know if I have the energy for it.

I honestly just want a game where I can live in a premodern setting and enjoy creating a life there, along with courtly politics. Is there an "easy mode" or the like in this game that makes it more of a relaxing experience potentially good for roleplay, or is it just as hard to learn as all the other Paradox games?

CK is generally a much more forgiving game, if you really do just want to roleplay I think CK3 is by far the easiest paradox game to do so. Failures tend to had excitement and drama to the game and is perfect for a casual roleplay IMO, unless you are unlucky it can be hard to lose lose in the game. A character dies and you move onto the next

CK3 also has Game Rules that allow you to set difficulties to lower levels. There are settings for Realm stability, for example, If you want an easier time, set that to "Extreme Stability". There are other Game Rules too that you can set as you please...

The first Dev Diary for Wards and Wardens has been posted.

It's mainly a presentation post talking about what is planned. We only get glimpses but that's promising:
  • Hostage system. Not just for wartime: you can also freely send one of your kids to another court to keep the peace.
  • Perpetual hooks. It's a middle ground between a weak and strong hook. The example given is that of a warden getting a perpetual hook on a hostage.
  • A new traits called eccentric to reflect people that don't quite fit the mold of society.
  • Wet Nurse court position.
  • Adult Education: You can now visit centers of learning in hopes of bettering your education.

The first Dev Diary for Wards and Wardens has been posted.

It's mainly a presentation post talking about what is planned. We only get glimpses but that's promising:
  • Hostage system. Not just for wartime: you can also freely send one of your kids to another court to keep the peace.
  • Perpetual hooks. It's a middle ground between a weak and strong hook. The example given is that of a warden getting a perpetual hook on a hostage.
  • A new traits called eccentric to reflect people that don't quite fit the mold of society.
  • Wet Nurse court position.
  • Adult Education: You can now visit centers of learning in hopes of bettering your education.
I'm just so tired of the LARPing content.