Crusader Kings III

Or do the fun thing, be Littlefinger and kill everyone and rule over the ashes.
I still remember my play though as Aerys targaryian. God I was a magnificent monster.

I beat Robert quickly by capturing him in the battle so rebellion cut short, naturally executing him. I then turned Cannibal on Stannis and set Renly on fire.

naturally I was not accepting surrenders for the other kingdoms so they all re rebelled into separate kingdoms not that stopped me. so much fun murder and mayhem in the riverlands. executed the Tullies through torture deaths of course although I forget the specifics, lit some folks on fire and all.
exterminated the Blackwoods so that was fun.

oh! family was turning evil on me of course so naturally all into prison they go!
rape time for Queen and princess but what was fun is that the queen got to hold a trial and stuff and who do you think shows up to do be her champion then my own Son Rhaegar who I tried to arrest but ran away! all heroic and triumphant.
naturally I had him clasped in chains and then burned him alive along with the wife. As one does.

I finally eventually died bringing the Vale to heel and super murder for the Arryns ( my kingsguard commander was super duper depressed that was amazing.)
I think I blinded Jaime as kingsguard as well???? he must have been dead.

and I must have done something to the westerlands I cant remember.

naturally as Viserys I finished up the Vale and then moved on to conquer the north, doing all the torture death and all the other good stuff before my little kid self got murdered. I had already killed the line of the Baratheons and Rhaegars family so the game ended.

but that was a satisfying ending cause lord knows what the aftermath of that was for everyone else.

I still remember my play though as Aerys targaryian. God I was a magnificent monster.

I beat Robert quickly by capturing him in the battle so rebellion cut short, naturally executing him. I then turned Cannibal on Stannis and set Renly on fire.

naturally I was not accepting surrenders for the other kingdoms so they all re rebelled into separate kingdoms not that stopped me. so much fun murder and mayhem in the riverlands. executed the Tullies through torture deaths of course although I forget the specifics, lit some folks on fire and all.
exterminated the Blackwoods so that was fun.

oh! family was turning evil on me of course so naturally all into prison they go!
rape time for Queen and princess but what was fun is that the queen got to hold a trial and stuff and who do you think shows up to do be her champion then my own Son Rhaegar who I tried to arrest but ran away! all heroic and triumphant.
naturally I had him clasped in chains and then burned him alive along with the wife. As one does.

I finally eventually died bringing the Vale to heel and super murder for the Arryns ( my kingsguard commander was super duper depressed that was amazing.)
I think I blinded Jaime as kingsguard as well???? he must have been dead.

and I must have done something to the westerlands I cant remember.

naturally as Viserys I finished up the Vale and then moved on to conquer the north, doing all the torture death and all the other good stuff before my little kid self got murdered. I had already killed the line of the Baratheons and Rhaegars family so the game ended.

but that was a satisfying ending cause lord knows what the aftermath of that was for everyone else.
It sounds like the real Aerys from the way everyone talks about him in the books.

The latest Dev Diary is here.

It mostly details how the tournament activity is going to work. It's actually more envisionned as a big festival with a number of competitions that can be held among eight possibilities: Melee, Achery, Jousting, Wrestling and Duels among fighting types and Recital, Board Games and Horse Race in non-fighting options. These various activties are to reflect the variety of cultures in the game. Jousting for example is a primarily Western European thing while Mongols would more likely go for Wrestling or Horse Races.

A tournament won't have to host only one contest as you can have several take place. But that requires innovations to reflect that early on festival were simple while at latter times you could go for something more lavish. Some cultural traditions help as well (the French are noted as having a bonus via one of their own). Personnally feel like rank should also matter a bit: an Emperor probably has more lattitude to do a big event than a lowly Count for example.

Another interesting point is that you don't have to take part in the tournament if you want: there will still be things on the side for you to do while you watch. Great for the roleplay, and pretty accurate as well.

Aside from that it's mostly about the design and the modability of the thing. There is also a tiny bit on how the lifestyle traits like Hunter by presenting the new Hastiluder trait they've created for these events. That one looks a bit broken by the way if I'm honest but apparently they've worked it so that you really need to spend your time tourneying to get it to the max level. We'll have to see how it goes when it's released: I love how the traits have been reworked, but knowing players I feel the balance will probably be still be off despite their precaution.

Game of Thrones mod is out.

Robert's got 45 prowess. Gods he was strong.
bit annoyed at all his stats though, they made his stewardship a 1 and cunning suck so much. and WHERE is Roberts Hammer as a weapon tech status thing

and his diplomacy is very measly. but they make Rhaegar far more balanced! the man should get like a 5 in diplomacy and stuff cause he is so stupid.

and they continued the process with the tower of joy thing of Ned never lives through the dang thing. Although at least this time all the kings guard died, go Howleen Reed! although poor man got imprisoned by Doran now and im not sure how to free him.

although I did win the rebellion as Robert and it always feels really satisfying cause it was a challenge. the way battles work differently really changed the dynamics from ck2 though. I had a really epic battle at storms End that broke the back of the Empire, funny enough Rhaegar died fighting in the riverlands, lost his arm and the like.

Not to sound rude but speaking as a Robert Fan, what were you expecting?
1 is way too low. I mean, that's worse than most child characters - I'd have stuck it at six/seven prior to Big Bobby B falling into PTSD stricken alcoholism. Intrigue should be about the same. Diplomacy should be up somewhere 16+ - for all Robert's faults he was a very good diplomat.
Something like:
  • 16 - Diplomacy
  • 22 - Martial
  • 6 - Stewardship
  • 7 - Intrigue
  • 11 - Learning
  • 30+ - Prowess
While Rhaegar's stats would be roughly:
  • 16 - Diplomacy
  • 17 - Martial
  • 15 - Stewardship
  • 5 - Intrigue
  • 22 - Learning
  • 28 - Prowess

1 is way too low. I mean, that's worse than most child characters - I'd have stuck it at six/seven prior to Big Bobby B falling into PTSD stricken alcoholism. Intrigue should be about the same. Diplomacy should be up somewhere 16+ - for all Robert's faults he was a very good diplomat.
Something like:
  • 16 - Diplomacy
  • 22 - Martial
  • 6 - Stewardship
  • 7 - Intrigue
  • 11 - Learning
  • 30+ - Prowess
I agree on the diplomacy and I am fine with Stewardship and Intrigue for balance sake.......but why 11 learning? Thats actually halfway decent from memory and when did canon Robert ever show any interest in books ever?

I agree on the diplomacy and I am fine with Stewardship and Intrigue for balance sake.......but why 11 learning? Thats actually halfway decent from memory and when did canon Robert ever show any interest in books ever?
He never showed interest, but conversely he never really showed disinterest or a lack of ability to understand what's going on. 11 is only average learning for CK3, so I thought it was balanced.

bit annoyed at all his stats though, they made his stewardship a 1 and cunning suck so much. and WHERE is Roberts Hammer as a weapon tech status thing

and his diplomacy is very measly. but they make Rhaegar far more balanced! the man should get like a 5 in diplomacy and stuff cause he is so stupid.

and they continued the process with the tower of joy thing of Ned never lives through the dang thing. Although at least this time all the kings guard died, go Howleen Reed! although poor man got imprisoned by Doran now and im not sure how to free him.

although I did win the rebellion as Robert and it always feels really satisfying cause it was a challenge. the way battles work differently really changed the dynamics from ck2 though. I had a really epic battle at storms End that broke the back of the Empire, funny enough Rhaegar died fighting in the riverlands, lost his arm and the like.
I watched my friend play as Ned Stark and he actually survived the tower of joy. In fact the whole thing went down "historically".

Dev Diary 124 is here.

Aside from the hurricane of puns (seriously) and some historical references, this is mostly to showcase how activities have been reworked. They all now have a planner that you use to determine how these events are gonna play out, just like for tourneys, hunts or previously mentionned activities. Whether you are a guest or the oragnizer of the event, you will get content. They go a bit into more details in regard to the specific activities, but that's the gist of it.

In regards to these activities, Grand Weddings are basically just a supplementary option you can use when negotiating a marriage. You can still go the usual "pick a groom, a bride and seal the deal" way but if you pick the Grand Wedding you're basically going the extra mile to make the event special and have a big ceremony. The promised pair are bethroed for at least three years until the ceremony takes place (and if you fail to prepare it the bethroal is cancelled) and then you basically send out the invites and plan everything. The Grand Wedding will have a purpose like any other activity beyond simply wedding two people: aside from the previously evoked Recreationnal, Murder or Seduction purposes we've seen in other events, the wedding can also serve to build diplomatic ties or to arrange other bethroals beyond that of the newlyweds. In regards to the event itself, it's divided in three phases: the ceremony itself, the celebratory banquet and the bedding.

Feast will now have an honoured guest and aside from Recreation, Murder or Seduction, you can use the activity to befriend people.

Both of the above options can see you opt to start playing The Rains of Castamere and murder everyone of course should you wish... But these Bloody Wedding and Murder Feast options are locked behind specific perks and the AI is normally not going to do it. Besides, choosing to do one of these events isn't going to end well for you as there will be severe negative repercussions: disrespecting the sanctity of marriage and the guestrights is no joke in Medieval Times. A bloody wedding can see you excommunicated for example and you'll need to wait five years before you can try to lift that...

Other activities that have been reworked include the Great Blot (for Norse pagans), the Grand Rite (for Witch covens) and the Meet Peers interaction.

I'm eager to see their next dev diary that will likely touch the subject of knights. Perhaps after almost four years we'll be able to act as knights for our lieges. Even the GoT mod got it first than the own CK devs.

And here is Dev Diary 125.

This Dev Diary is knightly themed. Knights can now be given accolades, which gives them special traits and abilities. They also earn and lose glory through events.

It's neat, but I'm slightly disappointed they didn't do more than that with knights. Kinda expected them to pull what you can do in the GoT mod.

I'm eager to see their next dev diary that will likely touch the subject of knights. Perhaps after almost four years we'll be able to act as knights for our lieges. Even the GoT mod got it first than the own CK devs.
How does the GoT mod do knights?