Catholic Church in Moderate French Revolution?

Assume the French Revolution doesn’t go anywhere near as far as it did historically, and ultimately results in a Constitutional Monarchy. It may or may not still be far more radical and egalitarian than Britain, but society isn’t totally remade.

This includes the extreme anti-clericalism of the historical revolution. I could see some reigning in of the Church in France, but it largely remains unscathed. No oaths of loyalty, dechristianization, cult of reason, (likely) no Pope dying in French captivity, etc.

What does the Church in France look like after this?

Assume the French Revolution doesn’t go anywhere near as far as it did historically, and ultimately results in a Constitutional Monarchy. It may or may not still be far more radical and egalitarian than Britain, but society isn’t totally remade.

This includes the extreme anti-clericalism of the historical revolution. I could see some reigning in of the Church in France, but it largely remains unscathed. No oaths of loyalty, dechristianization, cult of reason, (likely) no Pope dying in French captivity, etc.

Perhaps like it does in Italy or other places in Europe that didn't have a decisively anti-clerical belt. I doubt they would have the power they once did, but things like religious headgear or halal/kosher slaughter wouldn't be such a contentious issue.

Anti-clericalism was so built into the French Revolution I'm having a hard time picturing this.
On one hand it could be a lot easier to get reforms accepted. But on the other there would be a lot more conservative voices still alive to disagree with those changes.

Did you have any ideas on how to make this happen?

Perhaps like it does in Italy or other places in Europe that didn't have a decisively anti-clerical belt. I doubt they would have the power they once did, but things like religious headgear or halal/kosher slaughter wouldn't be such a contentious issue.

Thats brings up an interesting point, how much French anticlericalism influenced the rest of Europe.

Anti-clericalism was so built into the French Revolution I'm having a hard time picturing this.
On one hand it could be a lot easier to get reforms accepted. But on the other there would be a lot more conservative voices still alive to disagree with those changes.

Did you have any ideas on how to make this happen?

Not from the beginning, at least. The initial National Assembly did have the support of the majority of the delegates of the clergy.

Thats brings up an interesting point, how much French anticlericalism influenced the rest of Europe.

Not from the beginning, at least. The initial National Assembly did have the support of the majority of the delegates of the clergy.
While true it is the backlash I would be worried about. And while I can't look of specifics at the moment a few of those clergy weren't exactly that religious themselves.