Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

Selling the arcade businesses makes sense for sure. At this time they would be a financial drain.

Heck, Sega trying to expand physical arcades was one of the reasons they were burning a lot of cash in the 90s.

Heck, Sega trying to expand physical arcades was one of the reasons they were burning a lot of cash in the 90s.
Themed parks not arcades in fact were arcades in Japan saved Sega a lot till COVID hit.

Seems Disneyland Tokyo sucess make everyone wanting to emulated it too

It was more that they invest so much expansion to physical "parks" in the US that propping up the Genesis lost out. Combined with the exchange rates then, it really meant Sega of America really couldn't afford to sell the Genesis at the low prices they insisted on long term.

Selling the arcade businesses makes sense for sure. At this time they would be a financial drain.
It was more that they invest so much expansion to physical "parks" in the US that propping up the Genesis lost out. Combined with the exchange rates then, it really meant Sega of America really couldn't afford to sell the Genesis at the low prices they insisted on long term.
Now I Wonder what the future of SEGA amusement teams will be in the long term. Making them build arcades for other companies? Dedicated full-time to consoles? something else

Talking About Castlevania. What are the Chances of a quick Port or Remake of SOTN for the gamecube?
I am already planning for Symphony of the Night to be re-released in some form, but the GameCube isn't getting it. It'll be a Revolution/Wii release.
It's already Mid-2005 said port or remake would likely haven't started development until Late 2005 and by the time it's ready even if it'll be early 2006 and the Revolution/Wii will be launching. It's just a bit late for such a thing and spoiler alert there's already a lot of major GameCube games in 2006 it would likely get drowned out by just how many other games are releasing. The Revolution/Wii is a much different story. SotN will benefit from the limited library that comes with a just released console.

There are a lot of different ways for SotN to get put on the Rev/Wii.
WiiWare release like the OTL X-Box Live Arcade
A remake similar to OTL Dracula X Chronicles
Translating (and fixing) the Sega Saturn version for Virtual Console

Nintendo: all three.
The last one will release first of them on the DS and everyone will love it. The middle one will be a big Wii release and people will like it a lot but not be sure if it’s worth full price over the DS version. The first will release last of the three and everyone will wonder what’s the point

This is going to be interesting; I mean we have Nintendo owning Castlevania, the Bandai talks are happening right now, and Sunrise have probably got briefs for a few new shows based on Nintendo properties, which will lead to something interesting a few years later. Ok here me out
It's 2007, the dub I brought up ages ago is still a glimmer in the future, near future yes, but still the future, and Sunrise is overcrowded, they have several shows all in some stage in development
  • new Gundam series (probably 00)
  • Nintendo Detective Club: The Animation
  • F-Zero: Eternal Falcon [sequel to Falcon no Densetsu/GP Legend]
  • Sonic: World Chase
  • Super Robot Taisen [a SRW based anime, however it does have other characters involved, but they aren't the main focus, that is the originals of W, which is the first game not in the Original Generation sub-series to hit internationally, with agreements similar to the ones that were made when the decision to bring over 30 were made, just like ATLUS' release of the SRW OG games, the name was changed from Super Robot Wars to Super Robot Taisen because of well... Robot Wars {wouldn't it be odd if it turns out that here series 7 WASN'T the last one for the better part of a decade, and Typhoon 2 returned to defend its crown, but ultimately failed as Kronic had marched through the heats and semi's relatively easily, and then defeated Kan-Opener, the one who beat Typhoon 2 in the final round, and the series had been going on for ages now, with one of the Gamecube's last titles being a Robot Wars one,}.]
  • Panel De Pon [or some other obscure game that the anime of wouldn't be ready until after Captain Rainbow releases, which I hope will get an international release]
  • Sakura Wars: Edge of Shadows [took that because of the Shadow Tokyo within the franchise, first brought up in an OVA if I'm not mistaken, but its existence was confirmed in Shin/2019]
  • several more that I would spend all day going through
when the plan for a Fire Emblem anime came through, knowing that they were being bogged down, the agreement to have Toei co-produce it(not something that has happened since around the time of Mirai Robo Daltanious I think), which is when the idea of bringing Splash Star over comes up, and to be honest, I'm actually fine if it is decided that Disney had done the dub after all, perhaps as part of a Toei agreement, for instances, "We'll let you dub this, as long as you keep with PR", which really does change RPM a lot

Last edited:
that was what I was thinking
And Make sense, the same timeframe and the Incorporation Into Nintendo can delay some things, plus OTL Monolithsoft did work with the OG characters so the development team is right there if Banpresto needs more help. So this possible this game is released as one of the late-life GC/early-life tako game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars:_Original_Generations Or they jump straight to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars_OG_Saga:_Endless_Frontier being more traditional

when the plan for a Fire Emblem anime came through, knowing that they were being bogged down, the agreement to have Toei co-produce it(not something that has happened since around the time of Mirai Robo Daltanious I think), which is when the idea of bringing Splash Star over comes up, and to be honest, I'm actually fine if it is decided that Disney had done the dub after all, perhaps as part of a Toei agreement, for instances, "We'll let you dub this, as long as you keep with PR", which really does change RPM a lot
I think any anime plan would depend on ITTL Path of Radiance's Sucess or Failure, the OTL Failure of PoR in Japan but OKish performance in the west is what give us Radiant Dawn, if PoR still bombs in Japan that will send IS and Nintendo into Panic as OTL. but if perform better, that change things

And Make sense, the same timeframe and the Incorporation Into Nintendo can delay some things, plus OTL Monolithsoft did work with the OG characters so the development team is right there if Banpresto needs more help. So this possible this game is released as one of the late-life GC/early-life tako game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars:_Original_Generations Or they jump straight to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars_OG_Saga:_Endless_Frontier being more traditional

I think any anime plan would depend on ITTL Path of Radiance's Sucess or Failure, the OTL Failure of PoR in Japan but OKish performance in the west is what give us Radiant Dawn, if PoR still bombs in Japan that will send IS and Nintendo into Panic as OTL. but if perform better, that change things
I see, also I thought of the fact that one of the OG Mecha showing up in Brawl, probably the Valhawk (or one of the other OGs from W, but in all likelyhood it will be the Valhawk as the first SRW rep, with the codec call having the 2 pilots of the Valhawk involved, with the duo questioning about how they were shrunk down to fit the others, in a similar vein to how Olimar in Smash is way bigger than he is in Pikmin), as I did bring up in the earlier post that SRW W (released 2007 both IOTL and ITTL) ends up as the first international release, a record that SRW 30 has IOTL. Probably through legal agreements between the holders of the rights to each of the Mecha internationally (which prevented the series from getting a worldwide release until 30 last year), but this is just an idea, an unlikely one, but an idea none the less

I see, also I thought of the fact that one of the OG Mecha showing up in Brawl, probably the Valhawk (or one of the other OGs from W, but in all likelyhood it will be the Valhawk as the first SRW rep, with the codec call having the 2 pilots of the Valhawk involved, with the duo questioning about how they were shrunk down to fit the others, in a similar vein to how Olimar in Smash is way bigger than he is in Pikmin), as I did bring up in the earlier post that SRW W (released 2007 both IOTL and ITTL) ends up as the first international release, a record that SRW 30 has IOTL. Probably through legal agreements between the holders of the rights to each of the Mecha internationally (which prevented the series from getting a worldwide release until 30 last year), but this is just an idea, an unlikely one, but an idea none the less
Or they could do a version with the licenses they own internally and areable to snag too,from internal gundams and other cheap ones, Macross will be a nightmare because harmony gold so might be dropped but other are feasible

Or they could do a version with the licenses they own internally and areable to snag too,from internal gundams and other cheap ones, Macross will be a nightmare because harmony gold so might be dropped but other are feasible
yeah, all depends on who holds what rights, it's probably why the games tend not to be that experimental with what Mecha they have for a long time, and why the mobile ones are the ones that actually push the envelope out

Monolith Soft getting to work on the SRW IP was only happenstance, because Soichiro Morizumi, the director of the Endless Frontier games, was a former SRW dev at Banpresto, responsible for many of the GBA SRW titles including OG, After doing the GBA games he left Banpresto to work at Monolith Soft, where he ended becoming the director of Namco x Capcom. Currently IOTL he's at Tri-Crescendo, having left Monolith Soft, his last games there being the Project X Zone duology.