Bring the Jubilee by Ward Moore

Thande

Donor
I haven't actually read it but I should point out that, at the time it was written, Confederwank wasn't a cliché yet. I think it was the first American Civil War AH to do that (though not the first American Civil War AH at all - that might be Churchill's 1930s work, or even earlier).

Yes I enjoyed it the first time.It isn't strictly AH but a sort of time travel story in which a different outcome occurs at a point of divergence that no one would have guessed from historical records. Effectively it supports the butterfly effect.

Try reading a Rebel in Time by Harry Harrison that tackles a similar theme only there is a minor change in outcome

Yes I enjoyed it the first time.It isn't strictly AH but a sort of time travel story in which a different outcome occurs at a point of divergence that no one would have guessed from historical records. Effectively it supports the butterfly effect.

Try reading a Rebel in Time by Harry Harrison that tackles a similar theme only there is a minor change in outcome

...Not strictly AH? If I may remind you, the time travel only takes place in metatime after the POD. In the BtJ universe, Lee normally wins Gettysburg.

...Not strictly AH? If I may remind you, the time travel only takes place in metatime after the POD. In the BtJ universe, Lee normally wins Gettysburg.

Sorry I'm a purist. The whole saga involves a time loop and a series of events that never happened so there was no point of divergence as they came together again. The POD was part of the butterfly theory in that a very minor event escalated. Alternate history is when history has taken a different track and therefore parallel worlds i.e the Destroyermen are not AH nor is hidden history of course that doesn't prevent a story from being a good read