Alternate History Combat Aircraft

ZXMBE10.png

and ofcourse that requires a twinboom fighter

View attachment 857049
Some old midengine fighter drawings
I gawked at the Me-509 as being fugly for having the cockpit being way too forward, but this doesn't look bad at all.

Can you make a mid-engined fighter with either Junkers Jumo 213E or Daimler Benz DB603 engine? I still want to have a propeller hub cannon and cowling-mounted machine guns like the Airacobra, so the cockpit's not too forward, just forward enough.

I gawked at the Me-509 as being fugly for having the cockpit being way too forward, but this doesn't look bad at all.

Can you make a mid-engined fighter with either Junkers Jumo 213E or Daimler Benz DB603 engine? I still want to have a propeller hub cannon and cowling-mounted machine guns like the Airacobra, so the cockpit's not too forward, just forward enough.
Unless its a cutaway drawing how are you going to see what engine is buried in the fuselage?

Can you move the radiator somewhere else? I am not the fan of chin radiators. Especially here, where it negates the mid-engine's aerodynamic advantage.

Also, mind moving the cockpit a bit closer to the engine, I don't think it can fit a prop hub cannon with a cockpit that close to the nose.

For reference, this is the P-39 Airacobra. I want the plane to have an aerodynamic nose and the cockpit close to the engine.
1708px-Bell_P-39D_Airacobra_3-view_line_drawing.svg.png

Last edited: