AHC Make Eurythmy a standard and accepted part of performance art by our present day

Eurythmy is a type of performance art, pioneered by Rudolf Steiner, an Anthroposophist, in which people are encouraged to respond to hearing particular lines of poetry, and/or riffs of music, with either contorted or gymnastics-like bodily movements in a group. This behavior supposedly has therapeutical benefits.
Nowadays, this is mostly taught in the so-called "Waldorf-schools" which base their ideology of teaching around Rudolf Steiner's work and the ideology of Anthroposophy.

I have never attended a Waldorf school in my youth, and have never heard of Eurythmy before, but I have recently seen videos of this art, and immediately remembered that in my childhood, I frequently threw myself randomly into weird, contorted positions upon hearing certain parts of songs, and experiencing certain kinds of emotions, and telling my parents, that "this music/emotion feels like throwing my arms apart and standing on one leg!" so the whole thing, despite how strange it might sound, might have a basis in instinctive human behavior.

How do you think this type of performance art would have been accepted as a normal kind of self-expression by the 21st century? Would a continued Weimar Germany without the Nazis have helped?

trurle

Banned
Eurythmy is a type of performance art, pioneered by Rudolf Steiner, an Anthroposophist, in which people are encouraged to respond to hearing particular lines of poetry, and/or riffs of music, with either contorted or gymnastics-like bodily movements in a group. This behavior supposedly has therapeutical benefits.
Nowadays, this is mostly taught in the so-called "Waldorf-schools" which base their ideology of teaching around Rudolf Steiner's work and the ideology of Anthroposophy.

I have never attended a Waldorf school in my youth, and have never heard of Eurythmy before, but I have recently seen videos of this art, and immediately remembered that in my childhood, I frequently threw myself randomly into weird, contorted positions upon hearing certain parts of songs, and experiencing certain kinds of emotions, and telling my parents, that "this music/emotion feels like throwing my arms apart and standing on one leg!" so the whole thing, despite how strange it might sound, might have a basis in instinctive human behavior.

How do you think this type of performance art would have been accepted as a normal kind of self-expression by the 21st century? Would a continued Weimar Germany without the Nazis have helped?
Eurythmy sounds like the formalized Synesthesia. As such, it would not be very popular because the Synesthesia is notoriously variable among individuals. Also, the music Conducting has some similarity with Eurythmy, to the extent of directly competing with it.

Therefore, part of solution: never invent formal Conducting, and Eutrythmy will have more chances to become popular.

Eurythmy sounds like the formalized Synesthesia. As such, it would not be very popular because the Synesthesia is notoriously variable among individuals. Also, the music Conducting has some similarity with Eurythmy, to the extent of directly competing with it.

Therefore, part of solution: never invent formal Conducting, and Eutrythmy will have more chances to become popular.
This requires 19th century PoD.

Eurythmy sounds like the formalized Synesthesia. As such, it would not be very popular because the Synesthesia is notoriously variable among individuals.

Eurythmy is not completely random, but rather, consists of a series of basic movements and expressions, which are applied to the various separate moods, concepts, and rhytms that appear in speech, song or music. As a result, it can be applied by a group to any kind of text or song they hear, making it work as a kind of mass game.

Here are two examples of children performing Eurythmy: