AH American States

Here's a map of North American, c. 1928 in an AH. Light gray are American states, blue are territories, and dark blue of military occupied zones. Name changes are as followed:

1: Guyamas
2: Baja
3: Sequyha
4: Orleans
5: Pensacola
6: Mississippi
7: Louisinana
8: Franklin
9: Ohio
10: Appalachia
11: Columbia
12: Niagra
13: Hudson
14: Quebec
15: Bahamas
16: Cuba
17: Santiago
18: Hispana
19: Washington

US MAp.JPG

Kuralyov said:
Is it just me, or are there no light blue areas?

Hawaii and Hispana are territories. Here's a slightly updated map.

1: Ontario
2: Montreal
3: Mississippi
4: possible names: Alabama, Atalanta, and Tennesse
5: Louisiana

Military Occupied Zone: Durango

US MAp2.JPG

I hope I'm not sounding like an ass, but you might want to split Montreal again. The western part would be mostly french, while the eastern would be british. To me, it'd make more sense for them to be seperate states. Also, you might want to straighten and roughen up the new national borders. When they're curvy like that, they look like indefinate borders (it could be just me though).

Again, I hope I'm not being anal about it, I'm just that way. :D

I would like to know why a portion of West Texas gets named Sequoyah - unless Cherokee indians were eventually settled there rather than in the Indian Territory.

Xen

Banned
Not bad, other than Mississippi not touching the Mississippi

As a side note, if you want West Virginia to be named something other than West Virginia use the name Kanawa (pronounced Kan-aww-uh), the state was nearly named that in 1863. Appalachia isn't too bad but it is used to to refer to people of Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina and Kentucky, sorta like how New England is used to describe the North Eastern states.

I'll split up Montreal again, and make borders rougher, and name changes will be adminstered.

History of the Territory and State of Sequoyah

In 1838, the United States government decided to move the Cherokee Indians of Georgia to the Indian Territory north of the Republic of Texas. But something was discovered. Let's say that gold (something added by God to that area). Since gold was in Indian territory, and half the the Cherokee were sitting on the new gold, the US had to move them again.

In 1840, the governments of the United States and Texas made an agreement. In exchange for equal rights of the Indian Territory's gold area, the United States will be allowed to move the Cherokee into West Texas. This worked, and by 1861, the Cherokee were well respected by other Texans.

But during the Civil War, the Indians were treaty badly by Texan forces. So, Union sympathizers and Cherokee seeded from Texas and formed the Territory of Sequoyah. This new territory's capital was in Lubock. Sequoyah was admitted as a state in 1879.

Xen

Banned
I dont think its that big of a deal with that really, just have there be some Cherokee influence there, maybe they get relocated to a different part of Oklahoma. Like OTL Kentucky, the area of Kentucky was most inhabited by Shawnee and Cherokee, but the word Kentucky is Iroquois as they exercised some influence around that area. In fact the translation of Kentucky from Iroquois to English is Land of Tomorrow. Knowing the name and the way the country was shaped in the late 18th century it makes sense why it was called Kentucky, although it could have easily been called Cumberland.

Also the area you were asking for of naming Atalanta (you didnt mean Atlanta did you?), Tennessee or Alabama. Call it Alabama, it was the name of a tribe of Muskogee Indians living in the region before European contact.

Mikey said:
I'll split up Montreal again, and make borders rougher, and name changes will be adminstered.

History of the Territory and State of Sequoyah

In 1838, the United States government decided to move the Cherokee Indians of Georgia to the Indian Territory north of the Republic of Texas. But something was discovered. Let's say that gold (something added by God to that area). Since gold was in Indian territory, and half the the Cherokee were sitting on the new gold, the US had to move them again.

In 1840, the governments of the United States and Texas made an agreement. In exchange for equal rights of the Indian Territory's gold area, the United States will be allowed to move the Cherokee into West Texas. This worked, and by 1861, the Cherokee were well respected by other Texans.

But during the Civil War, the Indians were treaty badly by Texan forces. So, Union sympathizers and Cherokee seeded from Texas and formed the Territory of Sequoyah. This new territory's capital was in Lubock. Sequoyah was admitted as a state in 1879.

Great Heavens! Don't make things worse. Since Oklahoma might have entered the Union as two states, Oklahoma and Sequoyah, just let them be in their respective areas. Don't you think the Comanche, which are prevalent in West Texas, will be a little pissed. As mentioned by someone else I doubt the Cherokee would be given any sort of special consideration if the Texans mistreated them since abusing the Indians was run of the mill in the 19th century.

Besides, Texas wasn't a state until 1845 and they certainly wouldn't want any more indians in their territory. Also, if given a portion of these "gold field" that might keep the Texan Government solvent and independent.