A Progressive Russia

Ok heres a map that's a while after OTL peters rule closest I could get though

eu1770.gif

Ok heres a map that's a while after OTL peters rule closest I could get though

I read a little bit about him too it said that he died around 1725 so I bet if his reforms would start to take root 2 to 5 years after his death and if that is so we can see the russia due it's size be able to catch up to other european powers at this time in 10 years or so without any problems and the next emperor due to grooming of peter the great would leave the reforms alone adding new ones I hope and overall it would be able to do other stuff.

Man I wish someone would make a tl on this

You could! or I could

But I am so lazy :(

curse you Procrastination!

I am new at this site I just inlisted in this sight a few weeks ago but I really wish there was a way that some people could help me. And there is the time issue to I mean I could only update weekly not daily so I am not sure?
sorry:(

Hey the only way to improve is to do!

Great but before I even think about doing a tl we still need to talk about the fun stuff so since Peter the great and his son already layed the political reforms and everything we need a tsar ruler to become a colonialist emperor and expanisonists emperor.

erggg, this a little bit before my strong suit, I'll do some research and put up the Vaguest general idea possible.

erggg, this a little bit before my strong suit, I'll do some research and put up the Vaguest general idea possible.

It's okay the Russians after the death of Peter the great have one of the most famous generals in Russian history and the most awesome general of this era Alexander Suvorov with him no one can fail. Also the conquest of Siberia began when a rich stroganov merchant family interested in the fur trade hired a cossack leader by the name of Yermak Timofeyevich he defeated the khanate of Sibir and claimed all territories of the west of the Ob river and Irtysh rivers which started all the conquest of siberia.

Last edited:
Great but before I even think about doing a tl we still need to talk about the fun stuff so since Peter the great and his son already layed the political reforms and everything we need a tsar ruler to become a colonialist emperor and expanisonists emperor.
His son? :confused:

How could Russia become a more powerful more modern power?
I am not saying to push out of it's original borders but how could Russia keep up with other foreign powers like Great britain or France or prussia?
Agricultural productivity was always a problem in Russia. Even in ~1910, when Russia accounted for ~1/3 of global grain exports, productivity per hectare or per worker was way lower than in Western Europe, and growth was mostly extensive.

Here's some reading for you (pdf).

Improving efficiency in agriculture would free labour for an earlier industrial revolution. You can start at almost any moment. :)

Agricultural productivity was always a problem in Russia. Even in ~1910, when Russia accounted for ~1/3 of global grain exports, productivity per hectare or per worker was way lower than in Western Europe, and growth was mostly extensive.

Here's some reading for you (pdf).

Improving efficiency in agriculture would free labour for an earlier industrial revolution. You can start at almost any moment. :)

ah 37 pages well I am just going to ask during Peter's tour of europe in OTL I think in a TL he should go into Russia to see it as a serf does I think if he abolishes serfdom after seeing the freedoms of europeans compared to the Russian counterpart will abolish serfdom. But what I really want to ask if the Russians did this would it help labor proficciency and if not will new agricultural practices need to be implemented to increase agricultural proficiency to do this.

I am currently reading it and it's really interesting honestly it is wonderful. Thank you for coming to this sight now there is another russian expert all we need is a few more russian experts.:):):):)