Status
Not open for further replies.
Not likely considering this hypothetical child would have two living parents, but it may butterfly away B'Elanna unless the child is male like Alexander .
Fair point, and I also realize that the child would be extremely young by the time of DS9, like a baby. Still, if any future entries of the franchise use them, I do think writers would still tap into the angst of having mixed Klingon-Human ancestry like Torres.

Speaking of Bio-Force....I think Saban/Disney would diverge from OTL Saban's decision to reuse the Zyuranger costumes, but instead transition into using each Sentai season's costumes, for the same reasons that Pyro listed months ago. However, that doesn't mean that Saban/Disney could just stop reusing the same cast and villains, like what they did with Rita/Zedd. I think a scenario where the cast fully switches to newer equipment as upgrades (Like switching from Bioman to Changeman) while they can always reuse the same villains, main/supporting cast, and setting seems like a viable option, at least until it gets old. It'd be like MMP3 to Zeo but far earlier and the villains would be alt-Rita/Zedd instead of the Machine Empire.

In my opinion, all of the Sentai stuff from 1984-1987 (Bioman, Changeman, Flashman, and even Maskman) could be seen as continuations of one large Bio-Force saga like Mighty Morphin was, although seeing the alt Power Rangers as just separate stories is also a valid path that they could make as well.

I'm just glad that alt-Sentai/Power Rangers even exists at all.
IIRC, Maskman would be the next Bio-Force adaptation in 1988/1989, which is amazing because it's the first Sentai to have 5 combining pieces like with the original Daizyujin/Megazord. It would truly be a new watershed moment in Bio-Force/Power Rangers history.
oh yess....that's the good stuff

Last edited:
Are you still following through with this suggestion?
Honestly I hadn't planned on writing anything on it. I only have so much time, I'm afraid.

Unless the company wants it to look more dated than the original Tron, I don't think there's a good chance of that. Maybe if they were to give it the Brave Little Toaster treatment and turn it into a 2D-animated film, then it could work. But if it were to stay as a CGI feature, I think it would be terrible.
Hadn't heard of it. Will look into it.

Thee is something to consider here that hasn't been brought I think:

The 1998 Sonny Bono Act that Disney had a massive part in.

I don't know what Jim Henson would think or if he would be alive by that point, but I think he'd find the extension of it for the sake of Mickey Mouse to be ridiculous. I imagine him or someone working with him would propose Disney protect their property rights through trademark instead to avoid the lobbying needed
Yea, that's an interesting one. Still a ways out I believe, so time to think about it.

Any chance that Disney's slated adaptation of Phillip K Dick's King of the Elves will be made, let alone earlier?
I'll look into it.

I have an idea, the Star Wars Prequels but in 1989 since Howard the Duck ain't occupying George Lucas' time. I nominate Eric Stoltz as Anakin and Peter Capaldi as Obi-Wan. (Jon Pertwee can be Qui-Gon if the character hasn't been butterflied.)
That might keep him busy enough to keep him from remastering the original trilogy so I'm in total support of this, but one condition, keep Kathleen Kenney away from this. Also I would love to see Toshiro Mifune as Qui-Gon Jinn.
To me, I believe Kathleen to be a decent choice for an apprentice for Brillstein so long as she steers clear of being tied to a specific franchise like how she was shackled to Star Wars (and believe me, the brand certainly suffered for it on top of Kathy's showbiz career).
I'm kicking around ideas on the prequels. There's a lot to consider there.

And before things spiral into a Kennedy-bash (I figured this would happen here eventually!), FWIW Kennedy is an incredibly skilled and talented producer (seriously, look at her CV: she was behind half of your favorite 80s and 90s movies; Bernie could have learned from her, frankly) who was hand picked by Lucas for a reason, and she honestly gets unfairly singled out for the Sequel trilogy. And yes, I think that her gender plays a role in why she gets singled out by the most toxic and gatekeeping parts of the fandom in particular. I find it interesting that Kennedy didn't lose her position when CEO Bob Iger did despite how many times the self-appointed "experts in the fandom" have prematurely predicted Kennedy's sacking. It makes me wonder just how much of the decision making was coming from the top, particularly on ROS which was clearly made as a reaction to fan anger rather than made on any artistic merit in its own right.

I'm certainly not going to claim that she's without fault here. She, possibly under instruction from above, gave the directors just enough reign to hang themselves and made the crucial (but understandable) mistake of adopting the MCU production model, which doesn't really work with an "event-driven" franchise like SW with a single, central storyline. But there's plenty of blame to spread around. Both JJ and Johnson made questionable choices in their individual movies and clearly never really coordinated a transition plan beyond "so, how does your film end, exactly?" Some better foreshadowing on JJ's part or a less unnecessarily shocking transition on RJ's part (Luke throws his old lightsaber deliberately aside in "rhyme" with how he tossed it aside in RotJ?) may have softened the blow for the fandom and star alike. I'm also fairly sure that JJ had no idea who Rey's parents were either (just another of his empty mystery boxes) and then got upset when no one else did either (clearly the "mystery" was gratuitous rather than a critical part of her story, or there would have been a definitive answer from the start, making the eventual reveal a meaningful moment, not just an empty ESB rhyme).

And yes, as I've said elsewhere, we the fandom deserve a huge share of the blame there too. Every decision made in the ST, including Lucas selling the franchise to begin with, was driven by fan backlash.

[/rant] (Sorry!) :happyblush

With regards to Sean Young, apparently, she had a habit of not getting along with her co-stars or others on some of the films she worked on (and take it with a grain of salt nowadays): On The Boost, for example, relations between her and James Woods (who she had been in a relationship with, and who's hardly perfect himself, to put it mildly (1)) were so bad that, when they filmed a scene where he was supposed to slap her, he did it for real.

And don't forget about her going to a hotel where director Tim Burton was staying at in full Catwoman costume, trying to convince him to cast her in that role in Batman Returns...

I also hope Casey Kasem makes an appearance; I was just listening to American Top 40 on the radio (syndicated, of course)...

(1) Just Google James Woods and Amber Tamblyn (who I hope makes an appearance in TTL)...
Yea, she has a reputation. Deserved? Who knows? Katie Bar Zedor clearly has her opinions. :winkytongue:

Because of the changes with Worf, Yar, and Miles would be carried over to DS9 if all 3 cast members are transferred there. Not to mention if JMS becomes showrunner of DS9, that is a big deal that might change the entire premise or core plot of the story entirely. A JMS run DS9 would be very interesting indeed, although removing memorable characters like G'Kar, Londo, Vir, Delenn, and so many others is going to be painful. Like really painful.

Voyager might be unscathed since it's less connected to DS9/TNG, although I think if Geekhis throws out that "Native" consultant, that would already be a huge improvement to the show.

I'm on board with K'Ehleyr becoming the name of their child, since it's a nod towards OTL and it fits. I wonder if she'll face similar issues to B'Elanna Torres in future ST stories due to her mixed Klingon-Human blood.

I've been thinking about what sort of castle would fit in Disneyland Valencia and the Alcazar of Segovia seems like a huge no-brainer.
View attachment 625136
It would be a huge troll if Jim Henson and the I-Werks deliberately implements historical info, culture,and artwork from Al-Andalus in Disneyland Valencia somewhere, although I think they could get away with that under the more left-wing administration after Franco, who might be more sympathetic to Arabist/Islamic content.
Welcome aboard, @Denliner, and thank you. My plans for what comes after TNG will be "interesting". I may take you up on the Segovia castle suggestion. The fact that I coincidentally like Andres Segovia probably helps there...

Here's hoping that when they build their second theme park in California they either use the former Disneyland parking lot better or they seriously pursue the Long Beach option. While I understand that the DisneySea/Port Disney concept as conceived in OTL would be butterflied I still think that Long Beach could be a good place for a theme park. So would Hong Kong. Versions of projects undertaken in OTL could work better without Disney being assholes to the French and consequently shooting themselves in the foot. Wait. No. That's not strong enough. EuroDisney's failure was a result of a cavalcade of bad choices. So it's more like firing the full clip into your foot, reloading, and firing off the entire fresh clip.
Stay tuned there. The "groundwork" will be coming fairly soon.

Fair point, and I also realize that the child would be extremely young by the time of DS9, like a baby. Still, if any future entries of the franchise use them, I do think writers would still tap into the angst of having mixed Klingon-Human ancestry like Torres.

Speaking of Bio-Force....I think Saban/Disney would diverge from OTL Saban's decision to reuse the Zyuranger costumes, but instead transition into using each Sentai season's costumes, for the same reasons that Pyro listed months ago. However, that doesn't mean that Saban/Disney could just stop reusing the same cast and villains, like what they did with Rita/Zedd. I think a scenario where the cast fully switches to newer equipment as upgrades (Like switching from Bioman to Changeman) while they can always reuse the same villains, main/supporting cast, and setting seems like a viable option, at least until it gets old. It'd be like MMP3 to Zeo but far earlier and the villains would be alt-Rita/Zedd instead of the Machine Empire.

In my opinion, all of the Sentai stuff from 1984-1987 (Bioman, Changeman, Flashman, and even Maskman) could be seen as continuations of one large Bio-Force saga like Mighty Morphin was, although seeing the alt Power Rangers as just separate stories is also a valid path that they could make as well.

I'm just glad that alt-Sentai/Power Rangers even exists at all.
IIRC, Maskman would be the next Bio-Force adaptation in 1988/1989, which is amazing because it's the first Sentai to have 5 combining pieces like with the original Daizyujin/Megazord. It would truly be a new watershed moment in Bio-Force/Power Rangers history.
oh yess....that's the good stuff
I hadn't planned on going into any detail on BioForce, but if anyone wanted to ghost-write PM me. I'm always open to "guest posts".

Last edited:
I really hope the DisneySea/Port Disney concept involving the Queen Mary happens as from what I understand Disney where far more amenable, and prepared to pay for the restorations and ongoing maintenance the Queen deserves.

As for Star Trek- there is nothing to say DS9 happens yet. We could get to the later seasons Paramount decides to go with the Captain Sulu option rather than DS9 (cost of new sets, new actors etc) or JMS might be on-board and we get something very unlike OTL’s B5 or DS9. Too far in the future to matter yet.

I am still hoping Lucus goes sequels for Star Wars rather than prequels- tell us more about the characters we already care about rather than give us tales with a forgone conclusion please...

CEO Bob Iger
I will throw this out here, but I think Iger deserves much of the blame as he rejected Lucas' proposed treatment for the sequel trilogy (not that he was obligated to, Lucas did sell the company after all) and it was he who instructed that The Force Awakens be a retread of A New Hope. That should have raised an alarm for the direction "Disney Wars" was going to take--basically a corporation milking a venerable franchise, only to go awry to the point where Sequel trilogy merchandise languished on discount store shelves until Baby Yoda came along. Anyway, I won't derail the thread any further with my thoughts on the OTL state of the franchise. Not that I really have that many because I stopped watching at Rogue One out of casual disinterest.

My sincerest hope when it comes to the future of the entertainment ITTL is a more creator-driven one than corporate, or least find a better balance. Jim appears to be steering things that way--I think what Lucas could use when he drafts the screenplay for the prequels is get some honest criticism. It was painfully clear that dialogue wasn't one of his strengths in the OTL prequel trilogy. I mean, did we really need to know Anakin's thoughts on sand? :p

• Animal Kingdom/Beastly Kingdom: My few wishes for this timeline is that Jim Henson and the I-Werks seriously consider building this as it was originally intended, perhaps even better than it was supposed to be OTL. Beastly Kingdom would've been absolutely magical and with Henson at the head, it's just a no-brainer. We'll just have to see.
Oh, I do too wait for DAK in the Hensonverse. I can already picture the many ideas for it:
  • Dinoland USA is here themed after both Dinosafari and The Land Before Time (and maybe just a bit of The Frost Giants at that). Further ideas:
    • Dinosafari as a dark ride replacing DINOSAUR. The reason why not LBT ride in DAK is that Geekhis did say LBTride were at Adventureland, and I suppose that'd mean its at TTL's Disney World.
  • Tiger River Rapids, a kind of river ride with live animals that was replaced by Kali River Rapids, is made, but with audio animatronics in the place of them. Think a more serious Jungle Cruise.
  • Additional South American and Australian lands for the park.
  • Kermit in a safari outfit would probably be among this park's mascot.

Maybe it could be the next Ashman project after Aladdin? 🤷‍♂️
I figure if Disney ever does Don Quixote it'd be better done as a live-action film, perhaps with someone like Christopher Plumber or Christopher Lloyd in the lead role. I think the mix of comedic pathos and tragedy would suit either man well.

Already I'm thinking of some fun things you can do with filming Quixano's (aka Don Quixote's) hallucinations, filming the 'real life' scenes with older cameras and film stock so it looks like something from the 1960s, then film the hallucinations with modern film and cameras so they look more vivid and 'real' than reality.

Last edited:
Already I'm thinking of some fun things you can do with filming Quixano's (aka Don Quixote's) hallucinations, filming the 'real life' scenes with older cameras and film stock so it looks like something from the 1960s, then film the hallucinations with modern film and cameras so they look more vivid and 'real' than reality.
Or, hear me out, you could pull a Mary Poppins or even a Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and have the hallucinations be animated segments, considering Quixote's vivid imagination. Then again, some of the older Disney workers would treat that as an insult to Uncle Walt's philosophies, so it could go either way for this method.

Oh, I do too wait for DAK in the Hensonverse. I can already picture the many ideas for it:
  • Dinoland USA is here themed after both Dinosafari and The Land Before Time (and maybe just a bit of The Frost Giants at that). Further ideas:
    • Dinosafari as a dark ride replacing DINOSAUR. The reason why not LBT ride in DAK is that Geekhis did say LBTride were at Adventureland, and I suppose that'd mean its at TTL's Disney World.
  • Tiger River Rapids, a kind of river ride with live animals that was replaced by Kali River Rapids, is made, but with audio animatronics in the place of them. Think a more serious Jungle Cruise.
  • Additional South American and Australian lands for the park.
  • Kermit in a safari outfit would probably be among this park's mascot.
That sounds amazing, and I definitely think alt-Dinoland would be more exciting and thrilling thanks to the inclusion of both Dinosafari and The Land Before Time. I could see it more like an actual Land on par with Tomorrowland ITTL, especially if Disney continues to create more works similar to the two above. I would love to see Disney create fun documentaries in the 90s that are like Walking with Dinosaurs, perhaps even higher quality than the one produced by BBC thanks to their Imagineering department and Creatureworks. Hell, Walking with Dinosaurs could be a Disney-BBC collab ITTL and it would be freaking epic.

The holy grail is Jurassic Park (the novel) but I doubt they'll acquire the adaptation for Jurassic Park, but if they do create one under Fantasia and directed by Steven Spielberg, that's basically a wrap; Dinoland would officially be one of the best lands ever made.

I could also see a Kermit/Mickey Mouse safari attraction, either as a live stage show or an animatronic one if both are used as mascots for Animal Kingdom. I'll raise you some additional suggestions for Mexico and Indonesia as well, though I think Brazil, Peru, Chile, and Australia are fantastic candidates for a DAK expansion.

Beastly Kingdom is certainly on the table though under Henson though, and I think he'll turn that place into something really special.

Welcome aboard, @Denliner, and thank you. My plans for what comes after TNG will be "interesting". I may take you up on the Segovia castle suggestion. The fact that I coincidentally like Andres Segovia probably helps there...
Happy to be part of the magic and thank you for creating this timeline, it really awakened some amazing childlike wonder within me at what could've been.

Yeah, I think Segovia fits because it's one of the closest parallels of the castles currently in Disneyland (they really didn't deviate that far from the original Sleeping Beauty Castle) while still retaining its distinct Spanish flavor.

Note that even the Imagineers created an epic castle in Euro Disneyland despite massive hurdles, so imagine what they could do when Disney is more stable and construction is far smoother?

I figure if Disney ever does Don Quixote it'd be better done as a live-action film, perhaps with someone like Christopher Plumber or Christopher Lloyd in the lead role. I think the mix of comedic pathos and tragedy would suit either man well.

I thought that it would be animated because there were existing OTL depictions of the characters in animated form while the adaptation would fall into the "OTL Disney Renaissance" of the 90s with all of the fixings of Howard Ashman.

However, this idea isn't bad at all, with the live-action proposal bringing a different style of filmmaking that would've enticed Henson. Not to mention Ashman did work on live-action films before like the Little Shop of Horrors, so this isn't something completely unheard of. I think Christopher Lloyd might be a better casting choice for Don, but anything is possible for a Don Quixote adaptation.

I just think that an adaptation is possible given the necessity to promote Disneyland Valencia, the possibility of Ashman on board in exchange for making Little Mermaid/Aladdin, and the achievement of actually making one after decades after the failed adaptation. Lightning can strike again for Disney, and I'm sure that this time.... it will strike right on the mark.

Let's be clear here, Don Quixote isn't a kid's story. It might be a comedy but it's definitely a tale for adults, in the manner of OTL's Pirates of the Caribbean. I'd make it to the same standards and intended audience. The animated shorts that were made are very kid friendly renditions of just one of the tales of the mad nobleman.

Let's be clear here, Don Quixote isn't a kid's story. It might be a comedy but it's definitely a tale for adults, in the manner of OTL's Pirates of the Caribbean. I'd make it to the same standards and intended audience. The animated shorts that were made are very kid friendly renditions of just one of the tales of the mad nobleman.
That's a fair point, although Disney can easily take either the more kid-friendly path or the more mature adaptation for teen/adult audiences by the late 80s and early 90s. I honestly prefer the latter over the former and the live-action version might fall into that with Lloyd/Plummer giving out some hilarious maddening lines during their quest for chivalric glory.

Sadly I don't think a mature animated work is going to fly with American audiences (though might be extremely popular in Japan if they ever get their hands on it), so I don't think Disney will go for that route. It either has to be a kid-friendly animated film or a more mature film akin to Pirates of the Caribbean/Indiana Jones, imo.

Terry Gilliam was interested in directing a Don Quixote adaptation as early as 1989 OTL but his initial deal with Phoenix Pictures collapsed due to what he considered an insufficient budget. Eventually, by a long twisted road, came 2018's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote.

ITTL (assuming Gilliam still reads the book and takes an interest), Disney may be able to accomodate Gilliam's ambitions for a direct adaptation of Don Quixote under one of their more mature labels.

Considering the working relationship between Disney and Terry Gilliam Disney may pick up her Don Quixote adaptation in 1989:
(@Alberto Knox ninjaed me)

To be neither were most of the fairy tales Disney made films from, especially the ones from the Brothers Grimm.

To be neither were most of the fairy tales Disney made films from, especially the ones from the Brothers Grimm.
Oh, well, they just don't build kids these days like they used to.
You really needed to put the fear of bloody dismemberment into children to distract them from the poverty, starvation, and pestilence.
I remember reading something along the lines of 'you know it's a good fairy tale when someone dies at the end'.

You really needed to put the fear of bloody dismemberment into children to distract them from the poverty, starvation, and pestilence.
Or to teach them that if they don't go to church or honour the abusive parents they had, bad monsters will be after them.

I'd be down for a Don Quixote film by Mel Brooks

Also, an ideal Don Qioxote casting for me would be a hispanic actor. No whitewashing here, folks! Ricardo Montalbán would be a good fit IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.