Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US with 53 states, since 53 is an indivisible number, and America IS indivisible! ... :openedeyewink:😁

View attachment 643169

N.B.: MC is for Micronesia, and SA for Santo Domingo! And Puerto Rico (PR) encompasses both Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands...
So....Santo Domingo (aka The Dominican Republic), which has never been a US territory, becomes a state but the people of DC still have no Congressional representation?
Something seems wrong with that.

The US with 53 states, since 53 is an indivisible number, and America IS indivisible! ... :openedeyewink:😁

View attachment 643169

N.B.: MC is for Micronesia, and SA for Santo Domingo! And Puerto Rico (PR) encompasses both Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands...
And a prime, since the US is prime real estate. But isn't that 54 states? Or is Micronesia not a state? (I'm assuming DC is a state, since it's labelled and all)

Now, can anyone guess what this is a map of?
monarchism vs. republicanism.png

OK. But, the people of DC are still getting screwed.
And, why not add Samoa and Guam. That makes 57, which is also indivisible.
Now take 57 and divide by 3. Saw it at a glance, 60 divides by 3 into a whole number, so 60-3 (or +/- any multiple of 3) also must divide into a whole number.

So, this is what happened when I got bored and started a WorldA map with no regard to realism or lore. It was sort of an exercise in just letting my imagination drift wherever without inhibitions. Featuring:
  • A Xhosa Empire upon which the sun never sets
  • Sioux hegemony in North America
  • Great Britain as a client state of hecking Bjarmaland
  • An unstable Basque kingdom having control over Iberia and most of OTL France
  • The HRE but it's extended
  • Big Romania because why not
  • A Turkic Persian dynasty à la the Timurids or the Qajars
  • Thai Australia
  • A concerning no-man's land dividing China from the Thai empire, possibly created by anomalous superweapons
  • Liangguang irredentism that is ambitious but also somewhat aware of its limits
  • A kingdom in the upper Congo building up an alliance against Xhosa expansion
  • And more!
big xhosa.png

Last edited:
So, this is what happened when I got bored and started a WorldA map with no regard to realism or lore. It was sort of an exercise in just letting my imagination drift wherever without inhibitions. Featuring:
  • A Xhosa Empire upon which the sun never sets
  • Sioux hegemony in North America
  • Great Britain as a client state of hecking Bjarmaland
  • An unstable Basque kingdom having control over Iberia and most of OTL France
  • The HRE but it's extended
  • Big Romania because why not
  • A Turkic Persian dynasty à la the Timurids or the Qajars
  • Thai Australia
  • A concerning no-man's land dividing China from the Thai empire, possibly created by anomalous superweapons
  • Liangguang irredentism that is ambitious but also somewhat aware of its limits
  • A kingdom in the upper Congo building up an alliance against Xhosa expansion
  • And more!
View attachment 643270
Sometimes it's nice to see a map with no real focus on lore and more on just interesting ideas.

So Original timeline Planet of the Apes?

Yeah, circa "Conquest of", although I'm stretching the timeline out a bit, since the notion we go from no apes to mass ape labor globally in under 20 years is sort of ridiculous. (I mean, chimps need 15 years just to reach physical maturity...)

Last edited:
Now, also working on a background scenario, and I'm trying to get a bit of an early 70s retro-future vibe where it fits. Any suggestions as to what I should include? (There has already been a limited nuclear war, which is why the US is now a fascistic ape labor dictatorship.)

Status
Not open for further replies.