Of lost monkeys and broken vehicles

Pretty certain the Americans will find a battleship or two... all these standards getting decommissioned.
But yeah, the Katsuragi being nuked at Bikini Atoll as the largest IJN warship to survive the war with the lack of surviving IJN battleships to nuke does work, especially as it could be used to help demonstrate the effect of nukes on carriers?

Last edited:
If the Eastern Neisse river is being gone for the proposed plan was to follow the Oder river until Upper Silesia, then follow the administrative border down to the Czechoslovak border.

The interesting question will now be to see what happens to Stettin.

I wonder if East Prussia goes entirely to Poland and Grodno stays Polish, if the border ends up being line B on this map.

wow, East Germany is going to be a good bit wealthier and stronger ITTL, didn’t see that coming. Poland probably ends up slightly nerfed in the long run, even if they keep Lvov—that area’s much, much poorer than Lower Silesia and will face the same tensions with the local Ukrainians that existed there in the OTL interwar period.

Uskudar is in a situation not unlike Berlin. Would getting Channak mean Konigberg is left to Poland? After all the Soviets would still want a Baltic port that is not freezing.

Maybe the USSR keeps just Konigsberg as a port and gives the hinterland sliver to Poland?

I must note that this, with the border on Plovdiv, was proposed seriously by some people. Just saying. :angel:

The map still labels it as Philippopolis, that’s almost Byzantine levels of hilariously outdated names XD

wow, East Germany is going to be a good bit wealthier and stronger ITTL, didn’t see that coming. Poland probably ends up slightly nerfed in the long run, even if they keep Lvov—that area’s much, much poorer than Lower Silesia and will face the same tensions with the local Ukrainians that existed there in the OTL interwar period.
IOTL, Stalin and the Bierut government cooperated in moving Ukrainians east of the new border and Poles westward (to simplify a rather complicated situation). Even with Lviv's importance as a center of the Ukrainian world, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens TTL and Lviv's Ukrainians are moved east.

They would be best advised... but by whom? ut he died too young and too early in OTL to really know how he would develop.

The Irish Foreign Ministry was actually very capable during WW2 and their ambassador in London, Delahanty was first rate. So was the head of their intelligence service Colonel (OTL, probably a General TTL with an expanded Irish armed forces) Dan Bryne. And, if Collins is still around, presumably so is Kevin O'Higgins?

That's contigent on Lvov staying Polish and I'm of too minds on that one. Will the Americans and British insist on Curzon line B when it looks Poland will be turning into a Polish puppet? Possibly they would. They may be selling out Sikorski's government but Sikorski should have sufficient personal influence left for that at least and it shouldn't matter to a Polish patriot supporting it what government Poland has at the moment. That's temporary, borders are not.
Maybe the USSR keeps just Konigsberg as a port and gives the hinterland sliver to Poland?

The map still labels it as Philippopolis, that’s almost Byzantine levels of hilariously outdated names XD
Let me help. Google maps! :openedeyewink:

1714898376075.png

And this is from the Turkish version
1714899352687.png
1714899469833.png

Well both Greek and Turkish versions agree it's named after Philip! :openedeyewink:

If the Eastern Neisse river is being gone for the proposed plan was to follow the Oder river until Upper Silesia, then follow the administrative border down to the Czechoslovak border.

The interesting question will now be to see what happens to Stettin.

I wonder if East Prussia goes entirely to Poland and Grodno stays Polish, if the border ends up being line B on this map.

Get Poland - Germany border via Oder river would be too good for Germany and even Poland get whole East Prussia should not be enough compensation for polish eastern loss.

And againt you have to define CS-PL-GER point of interference and borders from that point to Oder.

Czechoslovakia’s Kłodsko is much more elegant. You have natural borders via mountains, shorter borders and get region to state, which has natural interest about it.
Eventhoug, Czechoslovakia could “change” this region by some other area, such as Egerland or Friedland strip.

I guess it's just a bit of hope for the map making bit of my brain. I prefer an un-split Pomerania if possible...

Are you trying to make him cry...?
-
Because I kinda am now...

View attachment 904795

I guess had had one more speculative map in me. So, likely fate of Pomerania now reflected- and I guess it looks fine but still, slightly more Greek gains in the Rhodopes, and a slightly enlarged South-German Union for funsies and potential British meddling. Although it does make me wonder what a prospective North-West German state would be called... The North German Republic?
I really love this map. The Bavaria-Austria is something that I really want to see, especially if they still merge with Germany at the end for extra 'why did we do this for Germany do reunify' vibes even though I'm perfectly happy with Bavaria-Austria staying as its own thing, and Yugoslavia being split between the monarchists in Serbia and an extra chunky Croatian Yugoslav state is very cool too. Italy keeping the Slovanian parts before WWII is a fair trade too and makes things don't look as bad on the map lol. Poland gaining Pomerania is also painful asf if you ask me. At least Poland has Cursor B...

Well, the local Greeks did call it that name, and the exiles of the 1900s were still alive in 1945. Also the rule of thumb of greek names for locales is to follow church names, which are of course helleno-eastern Roman. I mean officially the Patriarchate of Constantinople/Istanbul does not use Turkish names in the titles and administrative divisions (the family cult of the Turkortodoks does). So for example the ruined Greek school at Beshiktas writes Diplokondylion on its facade. I would hazard most greek living there would probably had said Beshiktas in everyday life, but Diplokondylion in their community papers.