For the Republic: A History of the Second American Civil War

With how Blacks, Japanese-Americans, and Hispanics are treated I balk at how the other “Great Other” aka Catholics are treated by the NatCorps and Longist South especially when you consider the fact that Al Smith is a Roman Catholic himself not mention Irish-American.
Since a common argument in OTL against Catholic leaders was that they would listen more to the Pope than to the American people, we can be sure that they will be treated as if they were worse than Jews.

Partly on that basis I said that nothing associated with Italy or Spain would be adopted for NatCorp: for the NatCorps, they would be "popish shit", not something worthy of imitation.

Here’s hoping the NatCorps don’t send Catholics, and Irish in particular, to forced labour camps en masse or worse extermination camps — though then again last time I check the majority of Irish-Americans live in Republican-held territory no?

Last edited:
Here’s hoping the NatCorps don’t send Catholics, and Irish particular, to forced labour camps en masse or worse extermination camps — though then again last time I check the majority of Irish-Americans live in Republican-held territory no?
Yes, which I can see will be exploited by NatCorp in their propaganda ("Rumpublic uses hordes of Irish Catholics against us, that proves they are not real Americans"), and they may even believe that it gives them a chance of gaining British support. ("Rumpublic supports those annoying Irish, while we put them in their rightful place, we have much more in common than against").

Here’s hoping the NatCorps don’t send Catholics, and Irish in particular, to forced labour camps en masse or worse extermination camps — though then again last time I check the majority of Irish-Americans live in Republican-held territory no?
Yes. The most Catholic parts of America are Republican. The regime and paramilitary groups it encourages are viciously persecuting Catholics, though, like we mentioned in “Signs of the Times”.

Well one good thing to come from all this is the Lost Cause is going to die an early death TTL if the Natcorps try to use Confederate imagery in their movement.

And with the South going independent and probably going to explode soon, its only being held together by Long's force of personality, he dies and the knives will come out as his faction goes for each others throats. And there's plenty of people there that would fully support what MacArthur is doing right now.

Well one good thing to come from all this is the Lost Cause is going to die an early death TTL if the Natcorps try to use Confederate imagery in their movement.

And with the South going independent and probably going to explode soon, its only being held together by Long's force of personality, he dies and the knives will come out as his faction goes for each others throats. And there's plenty of people there that would fully support what MacArthur is doing right now.
I should've clarified, but we always had the Natcorps trying to use Union and nationalist symbology.

Yeah the NatCorp and Long regimes seem to be set up to cause long-term damage to their perspective regions.

Although the latter has me more interested because when Huey Long does kick the bucket, and his fiefdom with it. Which states would align with which faction in the SACW.

With the biggest factors being Al Smith's aggressive push for desegregation, and the fear of the Jackboots invading and pillaging said states.

Yes, which I can see will be exploited by NatCorp in their propaganda ("Rumpublic uses hordes of Irish Catholics against us, that proves they are not real Americans"), and they may even believe that it gives them a chance of gaining British support. ("Rumpublic supports those annoying Irish, while we put them in their rightful place, we have much more in common than against").
Wont work the UK may have some issues with the Irish at this time but its not going to be told how to run its relations with others by the US of all people.it will be seen as heavy handed interference even by those who share the [prejudices.....