As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Universal Studios Sold
On Wednesday, Universal Studios announced they have been sold to a consortium consisting of Peacock Media, Sony Corporation of America, Providence Equity Partners, The Blackstone Group, Merrill Lynch and Pepsico, Inc. Together, the consortium will operate Universal Pictures, USA Network, Archie Comics, the SciFi Channel and the Universal theme parks among others under the umbrella name MCA Holdings, taking its moniker from Universal's former parent company.

The new owners say that Brian Grazer and Ron Howard will step down on August 1, after which they will appoint a new chairman and president. Among the names being considered are Kevin Feige, Avi Arad, Kathleen Kennedy, Brad Grey, Bill Mechanic, Denise Di Novi and Gale Anne Hurd among others.
- Variety

According to Legendary Records CEO Krist Novoselic, the Backstreet Boys will release a double album; the first half coming out in Fall 2004, the second half coming in Summer 2005. [1]
- MTV News

[1] The first half of the double album will be called Now or Never, which will consist of songs that were part of Nick Carter's OTL solo album of the same title. The second half will be called Never Gone, which will likely have the same songs as OTL.
1: I only hope the new owners could give Universal a boost. Although, it is weird that Pepsi is now a co-owner in Universal Pictures.
2: With that said, I think Kevin Feige would be the best guy for the job here. Have you seen what he turned Marvel into over the past decade?
3: On a brighter note, I'm glad that the Backstreet Boys are still around.

Well if Sony decides to break off from Sega, they have their mascot characters now.​
Microsoft, Sega's parent company ITTL, will likely buy out Sony's remaining ties to Sega.

In the meantime, since Sony and Peacock are the majority partners in the MCA Holdings consortium, I thought I'd float the idea of RKO and Universal combining their home media distribution into one entity by Spring 2005:

Either that or bring back the MCA label:

Let me know what you guys think.​

Microsoft, Sega's parent company ITTL, will likely buy out Sony's remaining ties to Sega.

In the meantime, since Sony and Peacock are the majority partners in the MCA Holdings consortium, I thought I'd float the idea of RKO and Universal combining their home media distribution into one entity by Spring 2005:

MCA should return

First off, I don't mind Microsoft buying Sony's side of Sega, given the new management regimes.

Second, I'd prefer to call the new entity Sony-MCA Home Entertainment.
Maybe you can get someone to make a new logo for it. I'd personally hire @ExowareMasses for this, because his logos are good enough to exist in our timeline.

First off, I don't mind Microsoft buying Sony's side of Sega, given the new management regimes.

Maybe you can get someone to make a new logo for it. I'd personally hire @ExowareMasses for this, because his logos are good enough to exist in our timeline.
Sony-MCA Home Entertainment.

And get ExowareMasses to do it like Faults said, he makes excellent stuff.

I don't like the idea of the RKO Universal merger. That would make the industy too ologopolistic

How's this look?

Sony-MCA Home Entertainment logo.png

Note: This logo was inspired by the Sony-BMG logo.

Thank you. I love it!

I feel like the OTL SPHE jingle might suit this logo. What do you guys think?​
I think it might suit this logo as well. Perhaps the logo can zoom out on the Sony part, and then gradually let the rest of the logo fade in, thus keeping the initial animation for the OTL logo as well.