As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Early December 2007

MPAA grants Peacock Releasing a waiver to allow existing trailers for Popeye the Sailor Man to be reedited to insert the Paramount logo ahead of the film's May 2008 release. Turner Broadcasting, who've held multimedia rights to the Popeye property outside of the newspaper strip since the 1990's, merged with Microsoft's Paramount subsidiaries to form TBS-Paramount less than three weeks ago.
- Variety

Turner's MGM Grand Adventure indoor theme park on the Las Vegas strip could be on the chopping block as the TBS-Paramount merger raises questions on whether that park could potentially cannibalize the inclusion of UA and MGM properties at Paramount's outdoor Pinnacle park in Carson, California.
- HLN

Out of Jimmy's Head could soon be off of ABC's SatAM lineup due to low ratings.
- TV Guide

Total Drama renewed by ABC for the next seven years while Fox renews Phineas and Ferb for the next five.
- Access Hollywood

Politics
Former Chicago mayor Barack Obama announces presidential campaign.
- CNN

After months of rumors, Arizona senator John McCain confirms he will make another run for president as a Reform party candidate.
- The Arizona Republic

The Sports Page
"The feud between CM Punk and Mike Knox on the last few weeks of Rampage has got to be the most petulant feud since TMZ's feud with the NHL."
- Jim Cornette on NWA Dynamite

"The only teams I ever disliked have been the Dirty Birds and Crimson Turds."
- Gus St. Pierre on Dan Patrick's radio show

WLAF releases its regular season schedule. The defending World Bowl champion Arizona Wranglers will open at home with a ring and banner ceremony ahead of its home opener against the San Antonio Texans on February 9. That game will be televised locally on UPN affiliate KTTU and on TNT elsewhere across America.
- KGUN-TV Local News
I'd defently close the grand adventure. I don't think they can compete with worlds of wonder

Hope you guys had a happy new year's day celebration. I was at SoFi Stadium today IOTL.

I'll be back to updating this TL tomorrow.
Heard it's a nice stadium. Might head down there for Cards-Rams potentially in the future IOTL. And yeah, happy 2023!

This Just In...
Days after Butch Hartman pled guilty to the wanton vandalism of Tara Strong's car during a 2004 argument outside of Turner's Techwood Drive offices, an Atlanta judge granted Cartoon Network full custody of both Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom, the series Hartman created for the network earlier this decade. Cartoon Network's attorneys cited a secret clause in their contract which allowed them to continue both series without Hartman's involvement. Cartoon Network said in a statement that both series will take a hiatus for at least 18 months. Hartman will serve his sentence in the custody of the Georgia Department of Corrections starting next month.
- CNN
How long is hartman spending in jail

From those logos, the WWA has used most of those through the "scratch" logo years.

ITTL, the WWF rebranded as the WWA in 1988 because of the trademark dispute with the World Wildlife Fund.

Lest we forget that ITTL, the WWA folded and was replaced by AEW a few months after the 2001 suicide of Vinnie Mac.

Made a logo for TBS Paramount:
TBS-Paramount logo.png

Also made a version using what I would call it:
Turner-Paramount logo.png

Any thoughts?