The Prince of the Roses - A Tudor TL

I have absolutely no idea? I have no plans to explore that realm. Do you have any ideas?
Not really, but perhaps interactions with the likes of Austria and the HRE could be noting, especially if Bavaria's Italian conquest is unsuccessful. Also by this point, they have not united yet, so a betrayal story could be a big deal.

But what interest would the French have in the HRE? After all, the French has way less interactions with the HRE ITTL

technically Italy is legally part of the HRE, in fact it is one of the main constituent kingdoms, furthermore France still wants to expand into the Burgundian territories and along the Rhine ( all regions of the Empire ) so it is still very involved with the Reich, hence Bavaria could see/interpret a lack of interest in defending the imperial institutions ( or perhaps we should say, favoring his dynastic ambitions ) on the part of Saxony and the other princes, as a blatantly pro-French policy, ergo as a betrayal

Last edited:
technically Italy is legally part of the HRE, in fact it is one of the main constituent kingdoms, furthermore France still wants to expand into the Burgundian territories and along the Rhine ( all regions of the Empire ) so it is still very involved with the Reich, hence Bavaria could see/interpret a lack of interest in defending the imperial institutions ( or perhaps we should say, favoring his dynastic ambitions ) on the part of Saxony and the other princes, as a blatantly pro-French policy, ergo as a betrayal,

certainly a French - Bavarian marriage is possible, but only as a way to bring peace between the two families, I think a Valois and Wettins match would be much more likely, as neither dynasty has any conflicts with the other, on the contrary they have in common the problems caused by the Wittelsbachs

Not really, but perhaps interactions with the likes of Austria and the HRE could be noting, especially if Bavaria's Italian conquest is unsuccessful. Also by this point, they have not united yet, so a betrayal story could be a big deal.
I might mention them once or twice, but I have no concrete plans for them right now. This might change in future chapter.
technically Italy is legally part of the HRE, in fact it is one of the main constituent kingdoms, furthermore France still wants to expand into the Burgundian territories and along the Rhine ( all regions of the Empire ) so it is still very involved with the Reich, hence Bavaria could see/interpret a lack of interest in defending the imperial institutions ( or perhaps we should say, favoring his dynastic ambitions ) on the part of Saxony and the other princes, as a blatantly pro-French policy, ergo as a betrayal
France has taken quite enough of the Burgundian lands for now, but Francis will most certainly be aiming for northen italy (as we have said a thousand times now). But a divison in germany will certainly be coming.
certainly a French - Bavarian marriage is possible, but only as a way to bring peace between the two families, I think a Valois and Wettins match would be much more likely, as neither dynasty has any conflicts with the other, on the contrary they have in common the problems caused by the Wittelsbachs
I'm not making a Valois-Saxony match. France will not waste a princess to them, as the HRE will be more involved with them. But France allying with the Wettins against the Bavarians without a marriage can work.

I might mention them once or twice, but I have no concrete plans for them right now. This might change in future chapter.

France has taken quite enough of the Burgundian lands for now, but Francis will most certainly be aiming for northen italy (as we have said a thousand times now). But a divison in germany will certainly be coming.

I'm not making a Valois-Saxony match. France will not waste a princess to them, as the HRE will be more involved with them. But France allying with the Wettins against the Bavarians without a marriage can work.

what I meant was not necessarily a marriage between Valois and Wettin, but between a Bourbon princess or another family close to the royal house with a son of the current Emperor Frederick IV, that's all

what I meant was not necessarily a marriage between Valois and Wettin, but between a Bourbon princess or another family close to the royal house with a son of the current Emperor Frederick IV, that's all
The unmarried 60 year old man with no children who is gonna be dead in less than two years?

The unmarried 60 year old man with no children who is gonna be dead in less than two years?

Oops, my mistake, I had a slip of the tongue 😨😳😅, sorry, well then it can always be done with one of his nephews ( after all, for France it is better if the Wettins maintain the imperial crown, compared to other much more belligerent actors, after all I don't think Paris is interested in the agreements that the German families signed after the extinction of the Austrian Habsburgs, but rather they will want to have a neighbor who are least dangerous for them, and Saxony fulfills this requirement in full )

Oops, my mistake, I had a slip of the tongue 😨😳😅, sorry, well then it can always be done with one of his nephews ( after all, for France it is better if the Wettins maintain the imperial crown, compared to other much more belligerent actors, after all I don't think Paris is interested in the agreements that the German families signed after the extinction of the Austrian Habsburgs, but rather they will want to have a neighbor who are least dangerous for them, and Saxony fulfills this requirement in full )
William is already the King of the romans, and his family will not give the Imperial crown without a fight

No doubt his nephews will throw their hat in the ring for the next imperial election, but I have already decided that the next imperial house will be Bavaria. Not everything can be easy for France!
William is already the King of the romans, and his family will not give the Imperial crown without a fight
Given the info I have gotten, William is not the king of Romans because Frederick did not get a coronation (no further discussion about that please or I swear I will delete this damn story) but he is the next emperor as I have said before. But I might be able to make it interesting.

I hope it is, given that Paris could be against his election, given the conflicts they have/will have in the future, so I thought that it cannot be ruled out that France will try to be clever during the next elections, supporting with a lot of money one of his candidates

Given the info I have gotten, William is not the king of Romans because Frederick did not get a coronation (no further discussion about that please or I swear I will delete this damn story) but he is the next emperor as I have said before. But I might be able to make it interesting.
Sorry girl, was basing myself on the chapter of 1521.