Are there any greek ruling houses in 1500? Thanks for the tip about the Monsferrats! *skedaddles away to create shenanigans*

Since the Vatatzes were part of the ruling family of the Emperor of Nicaea you can have his descendants claim the imperial throne too, since Greek emperors have married prostitutes so it should be fine, and he married a trader's daughter.

Tbf the main problem with this is that if Europe takes over the Balkans it'd be run more like the Latin Empire in the eyes of the Greeks if the rulers are still Catholic.

Since the Vatatzes were part of the ruling family of the Emperor of Nicaea you can have his descendants claim the imperial throne too, since Greek emperors have married prostitutes so it should be fine, and he married a trader's daughter.
That was exactly what I was looking for! You really are the best!
Tbf the main problem with this is that if Europe takes over the Balkans it'd be run more like the Latin Empire in the eyes of the Greeks if the rulers are still Catholic.
That are something I have to mull over.

I never said that the empire would be involved. I'm thinking of a different kingdom. Mwahaha!
Awwww...

Seeing the Ottomans collapse early would still be interesting tho.

If you're doing something that doesn't affect the Greeks tho I'd think Palailogos-Monsferrat would be a better choice, since they're very much part of the European community.
I'm planning a possible west/east clash in the HRE around the 1520s.
Ooh this is fun indeed. I'm defo interested in what you cook up...

Awwww...

Seeing the Ottomans collapse early would still be interesting tho.

If you're doing something that doesn't affect the Greeks tho I'd think Palailogos-Monsferrat would be a better choice, since they're very much part of the European community.

Ooh this is fun indeed. I'm defo interested in what you cook up...
Think Ottoman wank, lady born around 1500 and the east ortodoxy area. Those are pretty good hints of what I'm thinking off.